Competitions Knock out tipping!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm confuddled :think: Apart from not being allowed to tip against the same team twice were there some other rules regarding the losing team?
I assumed you couldn't tip against the same team three times also. In fact I went so far as to not tip for or against the same team more than three times combined. I'm sure that probably was allowed but I had it in my head that it wasn't. Certainly made it tough to get right haha

I assumed you couldn't tip against the same team three times also. In fact I went so far as to not tip for or against the same team more than three times combined. I'm sure that probably was allowed but I had it in my head that it wasn't. Certainly made it tough to get right haha

I thought it was only 'for', so didn't bother checking my 'against' teams (other than to make sure I didn't tip against them twice in a row).

I thought it was only 'for', so didn't bother checking my 'against' teams (other than to make sure I didn't tip against them twice in a row).
I was probably just hoping that I'd end up being right and everyone else would get disqualified and I'd win by default. "DE-FAULT! DE-FAULT!"

I'm confuddled :think: Apart from not being allowed to tip against the same team twice were there some other rules regarding the losing team?
Not really, some people followed it, some didn't I didn't really check tbh
I think almost everyones tipped against a team more than 3 times so I've nullified the rule

Not really, some people followed it, some didn't I didn't really check tbh
I think almost everyones tipped against a team more than 3 times so I've nullified the rule
So this is a rule or not a rule, really not that hard to follow, for mine the reason for it is so it makes things tight towards the end of the season should you still be alive and people start making calls on 50/50 games rather than 80/20 games or results.
Anyway.

So this is a rule or not a rule, really not that hard to follow, for mine the reason for it is so it makes things tight towards the end of the season should you still be alive and people start making calls on 50/50 games rather than 80/20 games or results.
Anyway.
Guess it's not a rule... I followed it but some didn't and I didn't really check. They haven't abused it because if they did I could tell fairly easy. It's gonna be a very tight contest regardless.

Guess it's not a rule... I followed it but some didn't and I didn't really check. They haven't abused it because if they did I could tell fairly easy. It's gonna be a very tight contest regardless.

I could be wrong but I thought I’d asked this earlier in the thread and you’d confirmed you couldn’t do against also.

It makes sense. Otherwise, you just tip against GCS every game...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1!!!
Alright, I'd like to begin with a disclaimer: Whilst I've tried my best I'm sure certain things will have fallen through the cracks. If you see an error please let me know and I will give the offender a small period of time to rectify their mistake. I was fairly lax in checking opposition so as long as you didn't tip against the same team twice you're in.
Let's begin
:carlton:
-
VS

:richmond:
RIOLINWITPUNCHS
Collins-Langford-Ayres
moginie
Aramis
Agent Smith
Argy
cryptor
MrPremiership
Crankyhawk
Dinsdale
tommyk72
Sixpence
Bumpswithagrin
SarahSmiles
grumbleguts
:geelong:
-
VS

:collingwood:
maijar
:melbourne:
Satchel
Manila_Hawk
Milkshaker
VS

:port:
Guerrahappyteam
:adelaide:
BUMPSandGRINS
StillAtLarge
Gene Simmons
Goldhawk
VS

:hawthorn:
-
:bulldogs:
-
VS

:sydney:
-
:brisbane:
-
VS

:westcoast:
-
:stkilda:
Changa10
Gralin
VS

:goldcoast:
-
:gws:
HairyO
VS

:essendon:
-
:freo:
-
VS

:north:
-

LOL made it to round 2... LIDS OFF FELLAS!

I knew I should have updated the OP when you made it!

Still, it's the same concept. I like having to have no more than three, then it's a bit more of a challenge.
Well that's the way I've played it so if it is to be I can say I did it the hard way, has a ring about it "the hard way" might suggest the club use it somewhere down the track.

So anyone who picked against Carlton this week cannot pick against Carlton next week.
Similarly, anyone who picked against Richmond this week definitely cannot pick against Richmond or Carlton next week. I say that just to confuse the dazed and tired.

Similarly, anyone who picked against Richmond this week definitely cannot pick against Richmond or Carlton next week. I say that just to confuse the dazed and tired.
I did my tips based on
Can't pick the same team to win two weeks in a row
Can't pick the same team to lose two weeks in a row
Can't tip a team to win or lose more than 3 times during the season

I have no idea which if any of these rules are going to be enforced now, which I think is very much in the spirit of how the AFL is run

I did my tips based on
Can't pick the same team to win two weeks in a row
Can't pick the same team to lose two weeks in a row
Can't tip a team to win or lose more than 3 times during the season

I have no idea which if any of these rules are going to be enforced now, which I think is very much in the spirit of how the AFL is run
I'm extremely offended that I've been compared to Gil.
How do you report a super moderator for personal abuse ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back