Competitions Knock out tipping!

Hi all,

No-one was running this so I'm going to throw my hat into the ring.
COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED!!!
Rules

Before round 1 you select one team a round. If that team does not win then you are eliminated.
Simples! It's that easy!
Except you can't chose a team more than 3 times during the season and you can't chose the same team for two weeks straight. Or the same team to lose twice in a row. Also you chose a 9th place getter in the event of a tie.

What's in it for you?

Well! I'm glad you asked. Obviously there's the incredible respect of your fellow Hawthorn board peers as well as a shiny badge (See Argy's profile) ((This is subject to mod aproval which I probably should have gotten before starting this thread...))

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
RESULTS - Round 1 of 2
maijar (Collingwood vs Geelong)
Bumps"N"Grins (Adelaide vs Hawthorn)
StillAtLarge (Adelaide vs Hawthorn)
Gene Simmons (Adelaide vs Hawthorn)
Goldhawk (Adelaide vs Hawthorn)
Satchel (Melbourne vs Port Adelaide)
Manila_Hawk (Melbourne vs Port Adelaide)
Milkshaker (Melbourne vs Port Adelaide)
Agent Smith Essendon VS ST Kilda
Argy Essendon VS ST Kilda
cryptor Essendon VS ST Kilda
HairyO Essendon VS ST Kilda
MrPremiership Essendon VS ST Kilda
Crankyhawk Essendon VS ST Kilda
tommyk72 Essendon VS ST Kilda
Sixpence Essendon VS ST Kilda
Bumpswithagrin Essendon VS ST Kilda
SarahSmiles Essendon VS ST Kilda
grumbleguts Essendon VS ST Kilda
Dinsdale Hawks VS Bulldogs
RIOLINWITPUNCHS Bulldogs VS Suns
Changa10 Adelaide VS Geelong
Guerrahappyteam Lions VS Essendon
No eliminations
No eiliminations
No Eliminations
Hey Guess what!!! NO ELIMINATIONS!!!
Gralin out, Aramis wins

Last edited:
Last edited:
I will have a crack again

SS was there a rule last year where you also couldn't choose the same losing team 2 weeks straight?

No, but thats almost a rule in my MarginMania!! comp which starts in round 7

I will have a crack again

SS was there a rule last year where you also couldn't choose the same losing team 2 weeks straight?
Correct, I'll amend the OP

RIOLINWITPUNCHS

Big Footy Member
Sep 30, 2009
Back Of My Kombi
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If this comp is still going before the bye rounds then i gurantee it won't be after them.

Not only are there less games but the entire 3 weeks are 50/50 games.

We'll probably run 2 rounds. Once everyone's out I'll just roll over tips and we go again!

We'll probably run 2 rounds. Once everyone's out I'll just roll over tips and we go again!
I might update the OP a little to clear up a couple of things on the rules and sending the tips via PM

Also based on last year I recommend standardizing the format the tips are sent to you in and that the loser is included, makes compiling the list much easier

I might update the OP a little to clear up a couple of things on the rules and sending the tips via PM

Also based on last year I recommend standardizing the format the tips are sent to you in and that the loser is included, makes compiling the list much easier
Thanks for the advice, I'll make a massive spreadsheet included opponents so I' reckon it'll be fine

SarahSmiles

Should be pretty easy to knock up a quick Excel with all of the games listed that enforces all of the rules ....

Then people could just cut and paste the answers into this thread. or PM you the Excel.

Happy to help if needed.

Back