Competitions Knockout Tipping Comp 2017 - Congrats un_eggs!

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the fourth year that i will be running this comp and i hope to continue making it an annual fixture of the board. Hopefully we can get as many entrants as possible and if you have a little bit of spare time on your hands during the lead up to preseason then you might want to get your tips in early.

Link to the 2016 comp : https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...out-tipping-comp-dennis-crumpet-wins.1123396/

This is a footy tipping comp you all might have played before but with a slight difference.

Just tip one game winner for every round for all 23 rounds before the first game of round 1.

Link to the 2017 Fixture : http://www.afl.com.au/fixture

Please be aware that this comp is different to the usual pick 1 winner a week each week, this comp requires all 23 picks to be made and sent to me before round 1.

Please also tip who you think will finish 10th after round 23.

You will advance to the next round should you get the tip right. Should you get a tip wrong... then you are knocked out of the competition - A drawn game will count as a loss, you must tip a winner

The last person in the comp wins.

If there are more than one person left and then the following week they all get eliminated (i.e. all get their tips wrong), then they will not get eliminated as there needs to be one person left standing to be heralded the winner. If by round 23 there is still more than one person left (very doubtful but just in case), then the person whose chosen team is closest to 10th place will win.

Restrictions:

-You Cannot tip the same team twice in a row
-You Cannot tip the same team more than 5 times throughout the year
-You Cannot tip against the same team more than 5 times throughout the year

PRIZES:
1. A nice shiny forum badge - will be in the form of a boxing glove with KO on it.

2. A $50 Online Gift voucher from the Bomber shop OR a $50 contribution in your name towards the Essendon Board player sponsorship pledge OR a straight up internet transfer of $50 direct to your bank account. The winners choice.

The competition is restricted to members of BF Essendon supporters.

Your tips need to be lodged through to myself via PM or email (DO NOT POST YOUR TIPS IN THIS THREAD) before 5:00pm on Thursday 23 March 2017 (It's the Thursday when round 1 begins). Tips lodged after that deadline will not be accepted.

You may change your tips anytime until Thursday 23 March 2017 at 5:00pm. After this deadline, you may not change your tips.

An example of how to post your tips: sent to me via PM. Do not post in this thread.

bgt2110
R1: Geelong
R2: Fremantle
R3: Essendon
R4: Hawthorn
R5: Bulldogs
R22: Collingwood
R23: North Melbourne

10th Place: St Kilda

Competition Hall Of Fame Winners
2014 Beerfish
2015 daffo
2016 dennis crumpet

It really is that simple. You only post your tips ONCE and never have to do them again all year.

First you need to post if you are interested in playing so I can see the numbers. If you want to enter please indicate your interest in this thread.

You are welcome to send me your tips at anytime up until the deadline of Thursday 23 March 2017 at 5.00pm.

Confirmed Entries : Tips given to me entered in blue, Tips confirmed by me as compliant in red

DERO
DRAFTME
DAFFO
EZARD15
STRAIGHTUPLAZY
FREDDY MERCURY
MADDOGM

BIG FRESH
BREWSMACKERVEINY
ETH-DOG

SKIPPER_
BEERFISH
TOWNO78
ZEZIMA
SCEZZA
SHERMY
PWETER
LB#16
ZACHMERRETT#7
BIPOLARBEAR
IS DON IS GOOD
JADE
DAPPER DON
MERCURIAL89
SOOPER
BRUTUS76
RUMPLY
LOONERTY
HOT KORMA
TIIMMBO
DENNIS CRUMPET
JUNIOR WATCH
COURTZ MAJORA
DONS RULE
RASKOLNIKOV
HEPPS
BOMBER MANIA
D_P_S
BOMBRE-BOY
DOSS
JAXES
HARLEQUIN
BIG JOE D
UN_EGGS
BONCER34
RABBIT OF CAERBANNOG

My Tips :

1. Richmond
2. GWS Giants
3. St Kilda
4. Adelaide
5. Western Bulldogs
6. Sydney
7. Fremantle
8. Hawthorn
9. GWS Giants
10. Collingwood
11. GWS Giants
12. Hawthorn
13. Port Adelaide
14. West Coast
15. Adelaide
16. Sydney
17. Western Bulldogs
18. Sydney
19. Geelong
20. Fremantle
21. Geelong
22. St Kilda
23. Port Adelaide

To Finish 10th : Melbourne

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can send our tips through now?

Can send tips to me anytime between now and the 23rd March, first game of the season. I will check them to make sure they comply with the rules in the OP and then let you know if they are ok or need a little tinkering to be within the rules.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back