Competitions KNOCKOUT TIPPING COMP 2019 - CONGRATULATIONS BREWSMACKERVEINY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the 6th year that i will be running this comp and i hope to continue making it an annual fixture of the board. Hopefully we can get as many entrants as possible and if you have a little bit of spare time on your hands during the lead up to preseason then you might want to get your tips in early.

Link to the 2018 comp :https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/knockout-tipping-comp-2018.1186199/

This is a footy tipping comp you all might have played before but with a slight difference.

Just tip one game winner for every round for all 23 rounds before the first game of round 1.

Link to the 2019 Fixture : http://www.afl.com.au/fixture#season=CD_S2019014&round=CD_R201901401

Please be aware that this comp is different to the usual pick 1 winner a week each week, this comp requires all 23 picks to be made and sent to me before round 1.

Please also tip who you think will finish 10th after round 23.

You will advance to the next round should you get the tip right. Should you get a tip wrong... then you are knocked out of the competition - A drawn game will count as a loss, you must tip a winner

The last person in the comp wins.

If there are more than one person left and then the following week they all get eliminated (i.e. all get their tips wrong), then they will not get eliminated as there needs to be one person left standing to be heralded the winner. If by round 23 there is still more than one person left (very doubtful but just in case), then the person whose chosen team is closest to 10th place will win.

Restrictions:

-You Cannot tip the same team twice in a row to win
-You Cannot tip the same team more than 5 times throughout the year
-You Cannot tip against the same team more than 5 times throughout the year

PRIZES:
1. A nice shiny forum badge - will be in the form of a boxing glove with KO on it.

2. A $50 Gift voucher from the Bomber Shop posted to you OR a straight up internet transfer of $50 direct to your bank account. The winners choice.

The competition is restricted to members of BigFooty Essendon supporters.

Your tips need to be lodged through to myself via PM or email (DO NOT POST YOUR TIPS IN THIS THREAD) before 5:00pm on Thursday 21 March 2019 (It's the Thursday when round 1 begins). Tips lodged after that deadline will not be accepted.

You may change your tips anytime until Thursday 21 March 2019 at 5:00pm. After this deadline, you may not change your tips.

An example of how to post your tips: sent to me via PM. Do not post in this thread.

bgt2110
R1: Collingwood
R2: Essendon
R3: Geelong
R4: West Coast
R5: Hawthorn
R22: Richmond
R23: Adelaide

10th Place: Fremantle

Competition Hall Of Fame Winners

2014 Beerfish
2015 daffo
2016 Dennis ClarkeM
2017 un_eggs
2018 raskolnikov

It really is that simple. You only post your tips ONCE and never have to do them again all year.

First you need to post if you are interested in playing so I can see the numbers. If you want to enter please indicate your interest in this thread.

You are welcome to send me your tips at anytime up until the deadline of Thursday 21 March 2019 at 5.00pm.

Good Luck and have fun

MY TIPS (These will not change, posted here for openess and transparency)

1. Melbourne
2. Port Adelaide
3. Bulldogs
4. Essendon
5. Adelaide
6. Fremantle
7. West Coast
8. Collingwood
9. Geelong
10. Melbourne
11. Collingwood
12. Nth Melbourne
13. Port Adelaide
14. Melbourne
15. Sydney
16. Melbourne
17. Geelong
18. Adelaide
19. Melbourne
20. Adelaide
21. Essendon
22. Richmond
23. Geelong

10th Place Sydney

Confirmed Entries : Tips given to me entered in blue, Tips confirmed by me as compliant in red

eth-dog
DapperDon
Pweter
Big Fresh
Bombers36
Orasia Fantazio
bombre-boy
TDay
rumply
BrewSmackerVeiny
Whispering_Jack
Its Manbearpig