Kntfl

Remove this Banner Ad

Was having a look at SouthEastFootyScores facebook page, Padthaway have a couple of recruits.
Keith though, just went and got 2 from North Adelaide, including the 2022 Magarey Medalist.

Gonna turn into an arms race

Border Districts Senior won A grade GF this year but their B grade were scraping to get a team and won 0 games

Edenhope-Apsley senior grades have been middle of the road

Both teams have good Under 14s but not great Under 17s so a merger would prob benefit both sides

The SANFL may well need to stiff arm the Mid SE and KNTFL clubs into the new Limestone Coast comp. I can't see Penola or Naracoorte walking quietly, and you'd think all the stronger Mid SE clubs in the right geographical locations like Port Mac and Kalangadoo would be the same.

I grew up playing in the WBFL juniors (through to under 18s) before I moved away, and it was a time when the Mid SE was struggling and wanting a review/restructure of footy in the south east. The WBFL which was flying at the time turned a blind eye to it. My how times have changed, it took them too long to read the room when the Victorian clubs were pitching to move (if not moving) throughout the 90s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not so sure about Penola. They were as few as three or four votes away from having a yes vote to move to the LCFNL for 2024.

All they need is a few people to change their opinion and they could well leave the KNT. Three out of every five members actually voted to move so the majority aren't happy right now where they are.

The northern clubs find it easier to recruit drive-ins from Adelaide each week compared to the southern clubs and all it takes is a few more people to be pissed off with issues such as this and away they could go.

The 4 Mount Gambier clubs some have a lot of excess juniors which would help if they could be "loaned" or play with other teams

The two clubs i'm involved with often merge juniors with a nearby club if both teams are short of numbers

The travel is the killer and needs to be addressed.

Here in Brisbane the Seniors and girls teams and some Under 16s play Friday night (as Girls can play mixed with the boys on a Saturday morning if they want to until they are 11 or 12)

Auskickers to Under 12s play Saturday mornings. Under 13 to Under 18 and Masters Men and Women play Sunday lunchtime/arvo

I'm not so sure about Penola. They were as few as three or four votes away from having a yes vote to move to the LCFNL for 2024.

All they need is a few people to change their opinion and they could well leave the KNT. Three out of every five members actually voted to move so the majority aren't happy right now where they are.

The northern clubs find it easier to recruit drive-ins from Adelaide each week compared to the southern clubs and all it takes is a few more people to be pissed off with issues such as this and away they could go.

Wow, was it that close? Penola would have to be the front runner then, and the best fit geographically.

Does anyone have any old copies of the KNFL/KNTFL Budget from the 1980s up to the mid-1990s that they are willing to part with?
I lost the handful of copies that I had years ago and thought this would be the best place to try and find some.

If you can help please message me.

Does anyone have any old copies of the KNFL/KNTFL Budget from the 1980s up to the mid-1990s that they are willing to part with?
I lost the handful of copies that I had years ago and thought this would be the best place to try and find some.

If you can help please message me.
No, but they were called the recorder in the KNFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back