Kntfl

Remove this Banner Ad

I am on the look out for some old 'Football Records' from the Tatiara Football League (which ended after the 1992 season) and copies of the 'Budget' from the old Kowree Naracoorte Football League.

Home and away or finals editions are fine. I would prefer hard copies but scans are fine as well.

Please message me if you can assist.

Kybybolite have gotten into a wee bit of strife...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/local-footy-sa
Kybybolite fined and penalised premiership points for player payment breaches

Warren Partland, The Advertiser
an hour ago

South East club Kybybolite has been hit with a $18,350 fine and stripped of premiership points after being found guilty for breaches of player payment regulations.

And the former Woodville-West Torrens and Glenelg small forward Lachlan McGregor has been suspended for eight games and fined $3500 for accepting sign-on payments.

SANFL Community Football laid charges against the Kowree-Naracoorte-Tatiara Football League club, McGregor, another player whose name has been suppressed, former senior coach Tim Leehane and club official John Cooper following an investigation by SANFL’s Player Payments Investigation Committee. McGregor is the first player to be sanctioned under the salary cap regulations.

The charges relate to upfront sign-on payments and offers made to three players in the lead up to the 2018 season, along with a breach of the match payment limit and failing to declare full payment details.

Cooper has been suspended for three years from holding any official role with an affiliated league or club and fined $2,000 and Leehane was suspended for 12 months from holding any official role with an affiliated league or club and fined $1,000. McGregor had $1,000 of his fine suspended, while an unnamed player was fined $1,500, of which $1,000 is suspended, and banned for two matches.

The club, which has had $6000 of its fine suspended until the end of the 2021 season, has been stripped of 16 points, the equivalent of four wins, this season and lost four Approved Player Points System points in both seasons 2019 and 2020.
SANFL Community Football manager Matt Duldig said the penalties were a reminder to all community football clubs that breaches of the salary cap regulations will be taken extremely seriously.

“The regulations, which are clear in not permitting any sign-on payments for players, have been in place for the past three years and there is no excuse for any player or official breaching these rules,” he said.

Last year, Barossa Light & Gawler Football Association club Willaston was fined $8000, docked six premiership points and lost three APPS points for upfront payments of $3000 to former AFL player Josh Glenn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few people I know down that way have never taken issue with it but each to their own.

One also wonders what direction Border Districts will take...

I was living in Naracoorte and wasn’t a fan. But then again I’ve got to travel from Mildura to Robinvale, and Mildura to Ouyen now so it’s just a reality of country footy

i haven’t played at borders for 5 seasons now but they’ve been talking with Edenhope Apsley over the past few years but not much has eventuated

I was living in Naracoorte and wasn’t a fan. But then again I’ve got to travel from Mildura to Robinvale, and Mildura to Ouyen now so it’s just a reality of country footy

i haven’t played at borders for 5 seasons now but they’ve been talking with Edenhope Apsley over the past few years but not much has eventuated

Going by Facebook, last time Borders approached EH was last season or season before and EH said no as they were in a good place.

Haven't followed the locals much since I left in early 2019. Is lachie mcgregor still kicking the old pigskin around?

With the COVID-19 pandemic resulting in some teams playing a different number of games throughout the season, the winner of the Virgo Mail Medal was decided on a match ratio. Quinn, who finished on 18 votes, had a match ratio of 1.50, which allowed for him to claim the medal in front of Keith's Will McMurray who received 19 votes and had a match ratio of 1.46.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back