Kobe Bryant and daughter Gianna Die in Helicopter Crash

Remove this Banner Ad

Vanessa and family absolutely devastated. ******* hell. Crazy morning. When I first saw the headline re Kobe dying all that popped into my head was poor Kobe. Then the daughter too which is horrific, and all of the others.

Shocking news and we don't even know them. The family would be in hell right now.

R.I.P and god bless them all.

Awesome in that series vs the Suns as a few of you have mentioned. Game 1 vs the Jazz he dragged them over the line late on in the semis, and had a great 3rd quarter at Boston in game 5 I believe finishing with another great performance. That was just from a few games that playoff series.

******* legend.

Gutted to hear this. I woke up at 9am this morning Perth time and got messages on my phone literally 5 minutes before I woke up.

Shaq will be devastated. RIP Kobe Bryant. Loved seeing him vs Allen Iverson in that 2001 NBA finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fu** was looking forward to just chilling after a god nights sleep and cracking some coffee browsing big footy. The last hour almost now has been one of shock and sorrow, sadness.

He had 41 madly insanely brilliant years. A short life, but what a life it was.
Same here, looking forward to having another good day of hanging out with mates (they have looked after me which is great) and watching the open, but now I’m devastated. He was an idol to me, He was the reason why I started playing ball. I was planning tomorrow just to have a day by myself to try and get over this absolute tragedy but now that’s even been interrupted. So so so shocked. What makes it worse that his daughter was with him too.

Last edited:
I think this quote (and others) are relevant tomorrow and the next day as grief turns to a discussion of legacy.

But in the hours after it happened, I think people should be allowed some time to grieve someone who was an icon (rightly or wrongly) for a lot of people without being confronted by what a piece of s**t he apparently was.

No one's listening tomorrow and the next day.

I think this quote (and others) are relevant tomorrow and the next day as grief turns to a discussion of legacy.

But in the hours after it happened, I think people should be allowed some time to grieve someone who was an icon (rightly or wrongly) for a lot of people without being confronted by what a piece of s**t he apparently was.
Sure, I understand that and I was happy to stay silent until the misconception he was 'cleared' came up.

I was thinking. If you were to put together a list of the best 25 players of all time (which Kobe is probably a consensus pick for?), how many aren't still alive? 3 or 4?

Bill, Kareem, Oscar, Jerry all still kicking, but a 41 year old who retired a few years ago isn't. Crazy...

I was thinking. If you were to put together a list of the best 25 players of all time (which Kobe is probably a consensus pick for?), how many aren't still alive? 3 or 4?

Bill, Kareem, Oscar, Jerry all still kicking, but a 41 year old who retired a few years ago isn't. Crazy...

He's the one missing in the top3 GOAT discussion

kobe, jordan and lebron

RIP kobe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back