Kobe Bryant and daughter Gianna Die in Helicopter Crash

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been a Lakers fan for more than 40 years and grew up hating the Celtics. Passionately hating the Celtics. I'm pretty sure it's the same thing for all Celtics fans. So when the Celtics pay tribute to a Laker (and vice-versa) you know that person has made a huge contribution to the legacies of both organisations and made a mark with both groups of supporters. All the teams have been wonderful with their tributes to Kobe, and his daughter, but it means a little more when it comes from the Celtics.

Last edited:

I've been a Lakers fan for more than 40 years and grew up hating the Celtics. Passionately hating the Celtics. I'm pretty sure it's the same thing for all Celtics fans. So when the Celtics pay tribute to a Laker (and vice-versa) you know that person has made a huge contribution to the legacies of both organisations and made a mark with both groups of supporters. All the teams have been wonderful with their tributes to Kobe, and his daughter, but it means a little more when it comes the Celtics.

Absolutely, I remember the Lakers organization and greats like Magic Johnson paying their respecs to the Great Hondo (John Havilcek) when he passed away. I always knew The Lakers as much as I hated them as a Boston fan, had a lot of class and respect for us and our greats.

Rest assured, the Celtics will forever fondly remember Kobe Bryant and his legacy. Him and the loss of Gigi is still something I am struggling to come to terms with.

Was so hard to sit there and listen to Shaq and not shed a tear myself so touching you really don’t know when someone’s time is up and the last thing you say to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a Lakers fan for more than 40 years and grew up hating the Celtics. Passionately hating the Celtics. I'm pretty sure it's the same thing for all Celtics fans. So when the Celtics pay tribute to a Laker (and vice-versa) you know that person has made a huge contribution to the legacies of both organisations and made a mark with both groups of supporters. All the teams have been wonderful with their tributes to Kobe, and his daughter, but it means a little more when it comes the Celtics.

That saddens me a little, but well said. We all understand rivalries, but when it all comes down it, all supporters are people with similar hopes and dreams. Yes, the 1980s was a tremendous rivalry between Lakers and Celtics, and as a Lakers fan I loved it when we won, not so much when we lost. However, through the entire thing, two of my all-time favourite players were Celtics .... Larry Bird and Kevin McHale. I wish I could live that time all over again, it was fantastic. :)

OK everyone. We've had our fun. We get it, people love kobe, people don't and people don't like his off court actions (let's face it, no one likes anything associated with rape, sexual assault or any assault for that matter).

This thread's to celebrate Kobe and his achievements. If anyone wishes to discuss Colorado, do so elsewhere.

This goes for EVERYONE

Hope everyone can understand this. Thanks everyone for their contributions.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The logo speaks.

I could listen to Jerry speak all day, such a humble gentleman with an absolute wealth of knowledge.

I know it's a thread about the loss of Kobe but when Jerry brought up trading Eddie Jones that took me back. For the younger NBA fans Jones was an absolute beast. One of my favourite non mainstream players of all time, not only was he an absolute highlight film on offense but an amazing defender also with his long reach. To trade away a piece like that just goes to show Jerry's opinion of Kobe, cause Eddie was no joke.

I could listen to Jerry speak all day, such a humble gentleman with an absolute wealth of knowledge.

I know it's a thread about the loss of Kobe but when Jerry brought up trading Eddie Jones that took me back. For the younger NBA fans Jones was an absolute beast. One of my favourite non mainstream players of all time, not only was he an absolute highlight film on offense but an amazing defender also with his long reach. To trade away a piece like that just goes to show Jerry's opinion of Kobe, cause Eddie was no joke.

when we had shaq, elden campbell, EJ, kobe, van exel.......

when we had shaq, elden campbell, EJ, kobe, van exel.......

Pre Shaq even.....Nick with Eddie and Ceballos was a fun team to watch, sprinkled in with a season of Magic. Loved watching that Lakers team. 👍

I'll never forget an Eddie Jones dunk against the Bucs I believe where he took off from just inside the free throw line and packed it on a centre.

This is so sad, Kobe was making and going to make the world a better place especially in women's sport. Most pro athletes once they retire keep to themselves and don't put their experience/money to good use but Kobe and his daughter (daughters even) were going to make women's basketball grow immensely.

This is so sad, Kobe was making and going to make the world a better place especially in women's sport. Most pro athletes once they retire keep to themselves and don't put their experience/money to good use but Kobe and his daughter (daughters even) were going to make women's basketball grow immensely.

Out of tragedy, can come a great legacy.
This will take a lot for many to get through, but it just may also spur others on to build on what Kobe was doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back