Kobe Bryant and daughter Gianna Die in Helicopter Crash

Props to the Lakers for doing such a great job at the game today. Was very hard to hold back tears. :(
I didn’t.

Was an absolute mess, still not quite right

boombastinac

Cancelled
Feb 4, 2020
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
North melbourne
Gotta be honest here. Am not really into basketball but i know that this guy was a legend.
Sad to read that both he and his daughter passed away in that helicopter crash.

Sauras

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other people lost their families, but really, who cares, as long as we remember Kobe....

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Other people lost their families, but really, who cares, as long as we remember Kobe....

Maybe it sounds harsh but if Kobe and his daughter hadn't been on board would we have even heard about those other people? It'd have recieved a couple of paragraphs at most in the papers and maybe 30 seconds on TV news broadcasts.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Maybe it sounds harsh but if Kobe and his daughter hadn't been on board would we have even heard about those other people? It'd have recieved a couple of paragraphs at most in the papers and maybe 30 seconds on TV news broadcasts.

The helicopter was privately owned by Kobe, so I'm pretty sure it would have been a story of note.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Amazingly people care more about a person that influenced their life in some manner.

Anyway, it shows you haven't been following the coverage. The NBA has done an amazing job in remembering (and respecting) the others killed in the disaster.

Agree, The NBA couldn't have done anymore to preserve the memories of all 9 people.

Gotta be honest here. Am not really into basketball but i know that this guy was a legend.
Sad to read that both he and his daughter passed away in that helicopter crash.

Basketball is a great sport. You should get into it

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Do you have any idea how many millions of children die each year to diarrhea?

Back