MRP / Trib. Koby Stevens

Remove this Banner Ad

gotta factor in that they will mispell his name as MacKenzie, so he'll get an extra couple of weeks on that with a bad record.

Very similar to hurns earlier in the year but with lower impact, neither should have been reported or suspended. For **** sake, how do you get suspended for players headbutting you in the ****ing gut.

disgrace.

we should challenge this, seriously. **** me, how can anyone actually get charged for that.

it's basically saying you're not allowed to go for the footy anymore.

The fact that four or five players challenged the MRP's findings last week and got off indicates that they've completely lost the plot. Worth challenging this I reckon.

The worst that happens is that the shithouse finding gets upheld, in which case Koby misses a week but doesn't have the points hanging over his head. We've got enough players to come in to cover him if it comes to that (Masten, Priddis, Houlihan, Stevenson etc).

The fact that four or five players challenged the MRP's findings last week and got off indicates that they've completely lost the plot. Worth challenging this I reckon.

The worst that happens is that the shithouse finding gets upheld, in which case Koby misses a week but doesn't have the points hanging over his head.
We've got enough players to come in to cover him if it comes to that (Masten, Priddis, Houlihan, Stevenson etc).

But he'll have a 10% loading carry on for 3 years, whereas the points expire after 12 months.

Given Koby's style of play (with a bit of mongrel) - he's likely to cop a few suspensions over his career - i reckon take the points and avoid the carry forward loading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MRP need to get rid of this low,medium,heavy impact bullshit.

Its either heavy impact or its no report. Absolute crock of s**t. Whats he supposed to do?

run in, make sure he's 1 metre away and then lean arms in?

Thats called netball you useless mrp sons of bitches!

The rule should be judged by the intent of a player eg if someone lines up someones head on purpose then yeah fair call but if it was accidental due to someones shitness or ducking head into someones body it shouldnt even be looked at.

Elbow someone in the face = 0 weeks
Going for the ball = 1 week
Legitimate shirtfront = 3 weeks
Being Steven Baker = 12 weeks

Great stuff once again by the MRP. :rolleyes:

Stevens would probably prefer not to challenge, given that he would want to keep his spot for the last two games. We should challenge though, MRP is becoming a bigger joke each week.

Sometime soon two players are going to charge at the ball from either direction and both duck their heads into the contact to get a free kick and to avoid getting the other guy in the head and getting rubbed out. There'll be a horrific head on collision, at which point the AFL will come to the conclusion that their rule changes weren't drastic enough and they'll ban running or something.

I honetly cannot believe it even went this far.

The Port player was about to pick up the ball, had it in his hands in fact and at that point Stevens moved fwd to tackle him as he would of risen with the ball in his hands. As it happend the port player fumbled and Stevens made incedental high contact.

I have said it before that the MRP needs to ask the question "what other option did the player have" If none then throw the case out.

Koby had no other option as he was already comitted when the port player fumbled.

In reality the Clarke/McGlynn incident was exactly the same, offending player had no other option.

A shite dicision from the bloody MRP is going to cost a player a place in a GF one day soon and it may just take that for a coach, club and players association to finally make a stance.

There is no perfect system but the current system under the MRP is based on a rigid formulaic table that doesn't take into effect the most important factor, common sense.

I would rather they use common sense to assess each incident and if there are discrepancies then so be it, but surely this system has thrown up too many ridiculous results to continue in its current form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back