Analysis Koch: Port Adelaide to review season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

It's frustrating to be held accountable by someone who is never held accountable himself, I guess. Our accountability problem goes from top to bottom
And I’m sure in a company workers would love being told everything is their fault, whilst their supervisors escaped blame. When Koch turns the public heat on Hinkley, himself and the board, then he can start berating the players. The fish rots from the head, not the tail.

Would Koch ever do something really nasty like this?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/73a59c937be58c2a033dbb9179415609

Steve Smith has made the explosive claim that a dressing room shellacking from cricket bosses sparked the win-at-all-costs culture that led to the ball-tampering affair.

The deposed Australian captain told Fox Cricket in an exclusive interview that former chief executive James Sutherland and ex-high performance boss Pat Howard marched into the dressing rooms in Hobart after a historic loss to South Africa two summers ago and let rip.

We don’t pay you to play, we pay you to win,” said Smith of the message from the CA suits back in the summer of 2016-17.

I’d love for Koch to do that... not 100% confident he has it in him, but do take my mind back to his comments post the feeling (I think it was them)

“We don’t pay you to play we pay you to win... we want you to be the best, impart the Port Adelaide legacy from the SANFL on the AFL... what we’ve seen since 2014 is no where near good enough.... you you can’t step up, don’t expect to be here much longer”

I’d love for Koch to do that... not 100% confident he has it in him, but do take my mind back to his comments post the feeling (I think it was them)

“We don’t pay you to play we pay you to win... we want you to be the best, impart the Port Adelaide legacy from the SANFL on the AFL... what we’ve seen since 2014 is no where near good enough.... you you can’t step up, don’t expect to be here much longer”
Oh he has it in him. Media bigheads have such behaviour in them, are born with it. I have been told he’s done it, am seeking corroboration. You see, I for one am ‘paying’ him to be my club president and to maintain a degree of class and inspiring leadership, not to be my Bay 13 representative; any yokel can do that. It backfired horribly when Sutherland and Howard did it in Hobart, didn’t it. And it backfired when Koch did it; as a consequence we are stuck with Mr and Mrs Hinkley for at least another year and thus a minimum of two million in outgoings for the privilege, the same amount the Club failed to bring in on joint major sponsorships in 2018. It just does not work, being a loud low-class loser and playing the overgrown bully boy. Koch will never wake up to that. It just doesn’t occur to him. He was born with it.

Oh he has it in him. Media bigheads have such behaviour in them, are born with it. I have been told he’s done it, am seeking corroboration. You see, I for one am ‘paying’ him to be my club president and to maintain a degree of class and inspiring leadership, not to be my Bay 13 representative; any yokel can do that. It backfired horribly when Sutherland and Howard did it in Hobart, didn’t it. And it backfired when Koch did it; as a consequence we are stuck with Mr and Mrs Hinkley for at least another year and thus a minimum of two million in outgoings for the privilege, the same amount the Club failed to bring in on joint major sponsorships in 2018. It just does not work, being a loud low-class loser and playing the overgrown bully boy. Koch will never wake up to that. It just doesn’t occur to him. He was born with it.

If he has done it good, but the fact we are stuck with Hinkley is a big hint that he hasn’t. If he had that attitude you are paid to win and if you aren’t good enough you won’t last then Hinkley wouldn’t have had a contract extension given to him.

Certainly doesn’t need to be a loud mouth or public clown by definetly needs to be a hard arse internally and make it very clear what is required and the consaqenses of failure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back