Kohli to play 1 test this Summer in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

So the series two years ago had an asterisk next to it, and now it's happening again :(

So the series two years ago had an asterisk next to it, and now it's happening again :(
Im enjoying it india said too bad you have no Smith get over it

Kohli is a real loss for India, but the real difference over the past two series has actually been Pujara.

As I've said, Kohli is better overall and can look spectacular even in difficult conditions, but Pujara is less impetuous and can bat forever if necessary.

You'd assume they'd be going into the 1st test with a line-up something like:

Agarwal
Shaw/Rohit
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Vihari
Pant
Ashwin/Jadeja
Shami
Saini/Ishant
Bumrah

Then when Kohli leaves one of KL Rahul or Gill (who averages 73.5 at first class level) comes in.

You'd assume they'd be going into the 1st test with a line-up something like:

Agarwal
Shaw/Rohit
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Vihari
Pant
Ashwin/Jadeja
Shami
Saini/Ishant
Bumrah

Then when Kohli leaves one of KL Rahul or Gill (who averages 73.5 at first class level) comes in.
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Indians play 5 bowlers once Kohli leaves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'd leave out Vihari if that was the case though?
Let's not pretend that Vihari is any more than Travis Head with the ball. Besides, I think it's more likely they go Jadeja/Kuldeep than anything else

A lot of India fans like to pretend Smith/Warner missing from the last series doesn't discredit the win.

Looking forward to them completely backflipping on that logic when they lose with no Kohli.

A lot of India fans like to pretend Smith/Warner missing from the last series doesn't discredit the win.

Looking forward to them completely backflipping on that logic when they lose with no Kohli.

but kohli is a one trick pony. if he didn't score loads of runs, would he be valued as high?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back