News Kolodjashnij, Buzza and Cunico sign until end of 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

There is always a spot for a good to very good players ...but the role he would play is not worth the cost they would demand. Perhaps when he is a RFA.
He looks like a Geelong player- plays footy the way it should be played.

Really rapt that Kolodjashnij has re-signed, after speculation he might be traded or want to join his brother at GC. He looks bigger and better each week, IMO, and is a crucial component of our backline long term

Im sure the Suns will be honey sweet about us enquiring about KK... gees they may even ask us if we are interested in 2mp as well. Well Im sure JK would be letting him know how it all compares...

I think KK comes out of contract next year ... he would be expensive id have thought ... and he probably plays a role that not of our greatest need.
Nah I agree that it won't happen at the end of this season but he comes out of contract at the end of 2018... Hmmm, interesting.

You know that I've been big on this for at least a couple of years now Turbo. One day I'll be validated. It was about this time last year when you were telling me that you couldn't see GAJ coming back at the end of 2017. I reckon I'll be validated on that aswell...

Nah I agree that it won't happen at the end of this season but he comes out of contract at the end of 2018... Hmmm, interesting.

You know that I've been big on this for at least a couple of years now Turbo. One day I'll be validated. It was about this time last year when you were telling me that you couldn't see GAJ coming back at the end of 2017. I reckon I'll be validated on that aswell...

In previous years I would have loved the club to go after KK, but I'm a little more cautious until we see his recovery from his current concussion issues - this is from an article on July 20, & round 13 took place from June 15th to 18th:

Kolodjashnij hasn't played since round 13 with a heavy bump the following week at training causing the injury.
Despite making solid progress in his recovery, the 21-year-old was never able to fully recover and the club decided to end his season early with his ongoing health and welfare their No.1 priority.
"Kade's actually doing quite well at the moment," Suns chief medical officer Dr Barry Rigby said.
"As you know he suffered some concussion symptoms over the last few weeks and he’s been pulled from playing.
"He has improved but when we did try and train him again, he again recurred with symptoms suggesting he had ongoing concussion.

Clubs and players are a lot more aware of the long term issues around concussions and it seems that there's at least one player a season who retires because of concussion related issues over recent seasons. I hope there's no long term effects for KK, but his slow recovery from this incident has to be considered if looking at him as a potential trade target or even by GC in terms of contact length & value.

In previous years I would have loved the club to go after KK, but I'm a little more cautious until we see his recovery from his current concussion issues - this is from an article on July 20, & round 13 took place from June 15th to 18th:

Kolodjashnij hasn't played since round 13 with a heavy bump the following week at training causing the injury.
Despite making solid progress in his recovery, the 21-year-old was never able to fully recover and the club decided to end his season early with his ongoing health and welfare their No.1 priority.
"Kade's actually doing quite well at the moment," Suns chief medical officer Dr Barry Rigby said.
"As you know he suffered some concussion symptoms over the last few weeks and he’s been pulled from playing.
"He has improved but when we did try and train him again, he again recurred with symptoms suggesting he had ongoing concussion.

Clubs and players are a lot more aware of the long term issues around concussions and it seems that there's at least one player a season who retires because of concussion related issues over recent seasons. I hope there's no long term effects for KK, but his slow recovery from this incident has to be considered if looking at him as a potential trade target or even by GC in terms of contact length & value.
As always, you're the voice of reason.

I must state that I'm no conspiracy theorist though... :D

Yes.. I and a few other may well proven to be wrong on that..Im not certain what I said back then.. if it was his age or the cost of trade and I'm still not an advocate for the move. We will see what the outcome of the Ablett situation is good or bad as I agree it does seem like it will happen.

It seems rather silly if your forget the name... a player who has played 50 games in 4 years and will be 34 for most 2018. Some may hope for a LeBron but to me it seems a bit Elisabeth Taylor marrying Richard Burton for the second time. I will trust the club to make the right move , it certainly goes against what they have done since 2011.. and it sounds like Cook etc are conscience of the hypocrisy in bringing him back in. It will not be a Danger trade.

The KK one is a bit different.. the underlying talent is there , youth is there , his brother is here..there are lots of reasons why he might be a reasonable target... but by 2018 I think we will be using our picks ... I think the 2 in 4 kicks in 2019 , and the 2018 at this stage looks super so it really will may not be in our interest to trade our picks out. It would be smarter to have an extra R1 ..so that we could trade out our R1's ..in 20,21,22.. as its really not 2 in 4 that way , its 2 in 7

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back