Discussion KooGa player issue question

Remove this Banner Ad

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Richmond have 'Player Edition' written in the box underneath the KooGa logo on their player issue guernseys which is quite cool.

Both Brisbane and Bulldogs do not - can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the material/cut of Richmond's guernseys to Brisbane/Bulldogs?

I can understand if Richmond have paid for the elite version of the guernsey and Brisbane and Bulldogs have not, but if they are exactly the same why would only Richmond have 'player edition' on their guernseys?

But then why would Brisbane and Bulldogs not have the elite version of the guernsey?

:confused:

$(KGrHqF,!lsE9JRmSbyyBPwgM2RgGg~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!nQE-)+U3lF4BPwgNyU)Lw~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqJHJCgE-e1Uo!nNBPrmEj2y3w~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqFHJEYE-kdYZYRWBPr2pLhySg~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!i4E9d(tQ8QOBPqd(v7t6g~~60_12.JPG

257976.jpg

Good question.

Surely the material wouldn't be cut differently. And I don't think Richmond paid more for their jumpers. As I understand, the manufacturer pays for the cost of jumpers/shorts/socks/polos/etc. I really don't know...

Also, have those manufacturers boxes always been sublimated on PIs? The last footy jumper I bought was a Reebok one in 2005ish, and it was stitched on. So do retails now have them sublimated?

I have formerly owned both a Richmond and a Western Bulldogs Kooga Player Issue. They both were the same cut and material to my knowledge.

Could come down to the Richmond Football Club wanting the Player Edition printed on their product, i think it is great. Something small, that adds a great touch and distinguishes from the replica sulbimated jumpers.

(Tigers have done a run of replica's in the past, i have seen a sublimated #4 Dustin Martin - Very easily passes as a player issue to the un-trained eye, minus the gps pocket and the now player edition kooga label)

Were those numbered retails made out of the Evapostretch material?

How was the sizing compared to Puma Patterz? If I wore an L in player issue Puma would I also be looking at L in KooGa player issue or M (or XL)?

Silent Alarm, I can't speak for other manufacturers but Puma started printing on the badge in 2007.

Also, have those manufacturers boxes always been sublimated on PIs? The last footy jumper I bought was a Reebok one in 2005ish, and it was stitched on. So do retails now have them sublimated?

Collingwood jumpers (and I'm assuming Essendon as well) started began having sublimated manufacturer's box last year (2011). Pretty sure Nike haven't had them on their jumpers since the late 90's.

Were those numbered retails made out of the Evapostretch material?

How was the sizing compared to Puma Patterz? If I wore an L in player issue Puma would I also be looking at L in KooGa player issue or M (or XL)?

Silent Alarm, I can't speak for other manufacturers but Puma started printing on the badge in 2007.

I have a 2011 numbered retail and it looks like the exact same material as the PI's from 2011/12..

The 2012 retails that I have are a far thinner, more shiny and not as good material..

Richmond_Groupie, do you also have a player issue? Can you compare the tags where it lists what the material is made out of? How about the cut?

Makri, I would guess the KooGa player issues are made in Australia. Would be good to get confirmation though.

Richmond_Groupie, do you also have a player issue? Can you compare the tags where it lists what the material is made out of? How about the cut?

Makri, I would guess the KooGa player issues are made in Australia. Would be good to get confirmation though.

I don't have any KooGa PI's.. Yet..

Hi again guys I want to drop a bit of a bombshell..

I have 3 2011 replicas (1 home numbered, 1 nab and 1 dreamtime) and this is the tag on the inside of all 3 jumpers:

1c63adb8.jpg

Thats right all 2011 guernseys (PI and replica) are made in Australia.

For my 2012 jumpers though it says made in china but these are all replicas.. I don't have any 2012 PI's or numbered jumpers but I would 100% say the PI's are made in Aus aswell. Dunno bout the numbered retail.

2011 PI, Numbered retail, retail = made in aus
2012 PI made in aus, Retail in china, numbered retail I'm not sure.

I payed $140 for my numbered evapostretch jumper in 2011.

Thanks for the info Richmond_Groupie. Where did you get the numbered, evapostretch retail? I would imagine the Richmond team store but I was wondering if they sell them at AFL stores too?

I wonder if there's any difference between player issue and those numbered ones.

Thanks for the info Richmond_Groupie. Where did you get the numbered, evapostretch retail? I would imagine the Richmond team store but I was wondering if they sell them at AFL stores too?

I wonder if there's any difference between player issue and those numbered ones.

Got it from the Tigerland Superstore last year.

I actually ordered it in March and had to wait till May for it to be made.

From memory they only sell replicas at the AFL store and Rebel.

I'd say that there is no difference between player issue 2011 and numbered 2011.

For 2012 it could be that they are manufacturing the retails and numbered retails in China, or they are doing the replicas in China and the PI's/numbered jumpers in Australia.

Bit sad that last year they were manufacturing all 3 jumper types in Aus and now they only do the PI's and maybe the numbered here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back