Kouta trades

Tio_Ray

Club Legend
Dec 14, 2002
Other Teams
Collingwood
1 dollar and Ben Kinnear....Kouta is gone and Kinnear may actually improve....hmmmm....so I'll take Ben back and still offer the dollar.

MarkT

Hall of Famer
Veteran 30k Posts 10k Posts
Oct 1, 2001
Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
You can't trade kouta to anyone. No team can afford his pay in their salary cap. He has Carlton over a barrel. They would have to pay 800k of his salary for him to be even considered by another club if reports of his $1.2m or so salary are even remotely accurate.

Sep 29, 2002
Point Gellibrand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Nothing, zilch, zip.

Let's not forget Kouta back-loaded contract takes a jump - despite the 2003 pay cuts - in 2004.

Carlton would need to pay half of it, and accept Chris Oliver in return.

Damamged goods. Yes, it's Kouta. Someone could throw graffiti all over a Piccasso, and it's still a Piccasso, but I wouldn't want it.

hotpie

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
May 1, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Originally posted by SCRAY72
He is staying at Princes Park. His contract is poison for the other 15 clubs.

If its poison for the 15 clubs, what is it for the Blues???

Fred

Premium Platinum
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Hall of Fame The Fred Medal RIP
Nov 17, 2000
Echuca
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Roys FFC
Wouldn't have him for free.

Oct 3, 2002
Uncooked
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Coventry City
Originally posted by Tio_Ray
1 dollar and Ben Kinnear....Kouta is gone and Kinnear may actually improve....hmmmm....so I'll take Ben back and still offer the dollar.

How about for a handfull of disco bickies? Your clubs been dealing in them lately. Drug dealers.

Sep 29, 2002
Point Gellibrand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Justice :D

Boom-Boom.

Can't argue with that.

AFL's evil, blah blah blah.

You'll be shelling out $1.2m to a player next year. 600k gets counted under the cap because he's a vet, but if Carlton could trade him, they would.

If Nathan Burke was on the same money last year, I would have hawked him around at trade week. No one is immune when we're talking millions of dollars.

Tio_Ray

Club Legend
Dec 14, 2002
Other Teams
Collingwood
Originally posted by Orangewhip
How about for a handfull of disco bickies? Your clubs been dealing in them lately. Drug dealers.

Really, the Collingwood Football Club has been dealing drugs...are you sure about that....I know Carlton has a rep for lying, cheating and even robbing houses (all TRUE) but i'll give you a chance to come clean. :)

Oct 3, 2002
Uncooked
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Coventry City
Really, the Collingwood Football Club has been dealing drugs...are you sure about that....I know Carlton has a rep for lying, cheating and even robbing houses (all TRUE) but i'll give you a chance to come clean. :)

A Collingwood Football Club manager used a work phone for drug-related calls and was jailed last Saturday? Recall that? It's in court right now.

Sep 30, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Tio_Ray, Orangewhip makes reference to your... marketing manager (?) who's up on trafficking charges.

I'm not sure of the details, or, in fact, the position of the person involved.

Kouta is in an awkward position. He is still a reasonable footballer. Not one worth $1.2 million dollars of course, but still a good footballer.

The thing is, he's not got us over too large a barrell yet. He has to accept the pay cut, or take the club to court. He can't play for anyone else, as no-one else will want him. He could only retire. If he takes the club to court... well, that's a tricky one.

But that seems to be his only option.
Mostly this is more David Allison negotiate-by-media bulldust.

morgoth

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2002
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Why do we need him? When we play the blues he kicks it our way anyway.

Ha ha who in their right mind would go to Carlton????? They are the new St Kilda.

bacon buster

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd, LA Lakers
kouta is still a very good player imo, and in a good team, would probably perform around his 2000-2001 standard again. but he can't carry the blues by himself now

i'd have him at essendon, but not with his current contract

Outoftheblue

All Australian
Oct 24, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
kouta is still a very good player imo, and in a good team, would probably perform around his 2000-2001 standard again. but he can't carry the blues by himself now.
i'd have him at essendon, but not with his current contract

Doubt he'll reach 2000-2001 standards again because after the knee injuries he either can't or won't jump for marks. Still would be of value to any side although the ridiculous contract means there is no chance of him going anywhere.

Korn

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
say he earns 1 million next year, and another club takes him and pays him 50K, doesn't carlton still have to pay him 950 K?

Back