Universal Love Kreuzer announces Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Matty K. I’m crestfallen that I’ll not see you play for the Blues again. Definitely a favourite of mine and I’ve seen a lot of Carlton players over the years. Your footy talent was on show for 13 seasons. However your greatest skill is an even rarer commodity. Heaps of HEART AND SOUL. I’m not sure how we replace that.

Personally shattered, because he was always an exciting player to watch at his best. Some will say he was over the hill, but I honestly felt he would have come good and had a cracking 2021.

The challenge of AFL football has obviously changed this year, and that seems to have taken a little bit of a toll on Matty, but I'm thankful for what we did get to see.

******* Ratten though. :mad:

Personally shattered, because he was always an exciting player to watch at his best. Some will say he was over the hill, but I honestly felt he would have come good and had a cracking 2021.

The challenge of AFL football has obviously changed this year, and that seems to have taken a little bit of a toll on Matty, but I'm thankful for what we did get to see.

******* Ratten though. :mad:

Out of curiosity? why that for Ratten?

Thanks for the memories Humphry, and for always giving 110%. Myself like many others said and felt we were a better side when Kreuzer was in the team, just wish injuries didn't play such a part in his career.

I'll never forget the Port game in 2016 when Kroooz kicked the sealer, and my mate and I acting like absolute dills when the goal went through

First time I've ever seen my dad cry at the end of this game. One of my great footy memories.

Love and will miss big Kreuzer.

Out of curiosity? why that for Ratten?
AFAIK he pushed for him to play through when he first wrecked his foot quite severely. I wouldn't suggest Ratten had direct control over the decision, but the culture he created would have seen a 50/50 or even 40/60 medical decision convince Kreuzer to persist through.

Would appreciate you taking this up in another thread if you want to discuss it further. :thumbsu:

Watching those highlights is hard, both for the number of times we were behind at the time and the kicknk in the guts of ultimately what might have been as a career.

Love ya Kreuze, we just knew you were giving 100% every moment you played.

In temperament and footy nouse he was our Bruce Doull. If only he had his durability.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will admit when i heard the news of the big tractors retirement i was shocked and did shed a tear. He played for the jumper and gave his all. Was an absolute pleasure to watch the big man play. Will be missed, all the best Humphrey.
gee wizz, haven't heard him called that for ever! completely forgot that was one of his nicknames.........the loveable lug..........

7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

Been holding the tears back all day.

Shattered we don't get to say goodbye.

7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

Been holding the tears back all day.

Shattered we don't get to say goodbye.
he'll be at pp for the premiership celebrations.........

Special K did well to not retire after his first year after being bored half to death sitting next to me at the jumper presentation.

Enjoy your retirement old boy. Thanks for the great memories, and make some sons for us. It's your duty.

Farewell to one of the greatest clubmen that we have ever seen at Princes Park. A measure of the man is that he could be trusted to make the right decision around the timing of his retirement. He has earned the trust and admiration of everybody he has worked with over 13 years as well as the love and admiration from us supporters.

I hope he's around for a while yet to help guide the development of Pittonet and TDK.

Thanks for everything Matty, you will be remembered as a champion of our club.

Last edited:

It's weird how Trent Cotchin is such a model citizen when his dad is such a reptile.

I feel real uneasy about Kreuzer finishing up with such little success, I feel like we let him down

Never forget how he turned down the big bucks to goto GWS, then later Collingwood. Loyal man, always put his body on the line, humble, honest. Really sad he never won a premiership with us or got to 200 games.

I hope he earnt enough money that he doesn't have to work if he doesn't want to, as he put his body through an absolute battering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back