Universal Love Kreuzer announces Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve said for a few years to mates we should have traded kreuzer while he had some currency, and have thought for most of this year we needed to move him on as part of the business of football, and carrying injuries and a spot etc.
However, yesterday I was genuinely saddened when learning of K calling time on his career. I hope he looks back on his career and is proud of his time, can’t deny the big fella gave his all and was phenomenal around the ground. Some of the highlights have been great to watch. I so wish his body had let him display his best more often, we knew he was a jet when he was right but feel he missed league wide adoration due to injuries. Really feels like a new era now given we won’t have a reliable, proven ruck on the list (Even if most of the time kreuz was battling to get up n play) but am excited about TDK stepping up

118987585_10157612715877285_3987789076598493910_o.jpg

Pre knee he was on the way to being a truly dominant player. Post knee he was a warrior. 2017 showed what he was capable of. Not sure if you can teach heart but hopefully some of that quality has rubbed off on our young list.

You could see a bit of young Kruezer in TDK on Tuesday night. Excellent ground ball gets.

Thank you Humphrey. All the best in retirement.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hope he becomes Mickey to TDKs Rocky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't really know what to say here other than "thank you, Matty".

Hate when players are cut down with injury, hate it even more when its one of our own.

Came in with such promise but we never really saw the best of Krooz, and we certainly didn't see it for long enough.

Never the best footballer or the best ruckman but a champion bloke and team mate and for that he'll be remembered very fondly.

In a time where we see so many conditional footballers, the best thing about Matty is he wasn't one of them. He could never be accused of not giving his all, because it never happened. Every time he put on the jumper he gave everything he had, and then some. And that's all you can ever ask of someone.

Will miss his work in the contest and around the ground. Will miss him playing as the extra mid and protecting his team mates and busting a gut every time he walked on the park.

But most of all I'll miss calling "KROOOOOZ" with thousands of other Blue Baggers at the footy whenever he went near the ball.

And now I'll really miss the Grand Final because that would have given one final chance to do it....and you better believe I would have done it. Bloody loud and bloody proud.

Thank you Matty.

I noticed that too! I was waiting for someone to make a smart ass comment about the stuff up, but surprisingly it didn't happen. Not sure if it's because they wouldn't do that during anyone's retirement speech, or if they just have that little bit extra respect for the big fella? I'm probably reading too much in to it.

Your story about him and your daughter doesn't surprise me in the least. I've never had the pleasure of meeting Kreuze, but we never hear anything other than how much of a top bloke he is. It just makes his injury hampered career all the more sad, the man deserved so much more.
Maybe he is sick of rehab.....?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

A workhorse with the heart the size of Phar Lap. Great down to earth bloke who gave his all for the club. Will miss watching him go up in the ruck then his second third fourth and so on effort at the ground ball what a goer he was and he could lay a huge tackle too.
Also always took a mark at the highest point making it impossible for a defender to spoil. All the best on your retirement "KREUUUUZZZZEEEE" won't be the same without that noise every time he went near the ball.

Genuinely Devastated for this poor bloke, he was the nicest guy ever at Metro, would go out of his way to help anyone with their game.. I've heard whispers he might be sticking around doing ruck coaching, is that legit??

Genuinely Devastated for this poor bloke, he was the nicest guy ever at Metro, would go out of his way to help anyone with their game.. I've heard whispers he might be sticking around doing ruck coaching, is that legit??
On one of the club videos, Kreuz mentions sticking around for the rest of the season to help out TDK and Pitto. Not sure about after that. Hope so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back