Kreuzer vs Ryder?

Who is the better footballer?

• Kreuzer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryder

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Kreuzer could only dream of doing some of the things that Ryder can. The goal Ryder kicked tonight is an example of that. Krueuzer would've kicked to the top of the square or had a shot with a drop punt & hoped for the best. As for high leaping marks its a no contest, Ryder every day of the week.
Why would Kreuzer struggle with a set shot from 45 metres?

It was the right pocket for a right footer.

Kreuzer has snapped goals with both feet. And kicked them on the run after winning the tap. Your ignorance is astounding.
The only ruckman in the comp who has Ryder covered as an athlete is Natanui.
Hampson is as athletic as Ryder. And that's in spite of Hammer being the biggest unit I've seen at Carlton. Only Kouta was more cut than Hampson.

Is this the same Ryder we're talking about that put so many poor games together last year, that it was a miracle he didn't get dropped?
Sounds like an out and out superstar for all the reading here.

Ryder was never in danger of being dropped. Hird came out as said exactly this. Ryder finished in the top 10 of our B&F last year too.

Maybe you should try and get your opinions from watching games and having a clue, and not idiots in the media like Luke 'stares at himself in the mirror' Darcy.

I've already showed how Ryder smashed Kreuzer in every area in 2011, what about 2012?

Ryder this year: 16.7 touches a game, 8 contested, 76% DE, 1 goal, 7 marks, 1.3 contested, 30 HOs, 3.7 tackles.

Kreuzer this year: 13.3 touches a game, 7.3 contested, 75% DE, 0.7 goals, 3.7 marks, 1 contested, 22.3 HOs, 3.7 tackles.

Bold is the area each player is leading in. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Was very impressed with Ryder's 11 hit outs @ 9 per cent effectiveness against the power house duo of Zac Smith and Josh Fraser.

Ryder was never in danger of being dropped. Hird came out as said exactly this. Ryder finished in the top 10 of our B&F last year too.

Maybe you should try and get your opinions from watching games and having a clue, and not idiots in the media like Luke 'stares at himself in the mirror' Darcy.
What IIRC Hird said that Ryder came very close to being dropped.

What IIRC Hird said that Ryder came very close to being dropped.

Nope.

''The challenge Paddy Ryder has got, the type of person he is, we won't be dropping off him,'' he said immediately after the game. ''You've got to keep coaching him and instructing him and talking to him about where he is at with his footy and what he can do better, as well as what he is doing wrong.''

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...th-in-ryder-20110630-1gt0z.html#ixzz1s5DAxqac

"Paddy does need to work hard at certain times and get involved defensively a bit more, but I definitely wouldn't call him lazy.

"His year's been OK. I think the thing with Paddy is, like a lot of guys with huge talent, they do show so much and at times people expect a lot of them," Hird said.

"We'd like Paddy to be the best player on the ground every week, because when he is the best player and plays tremendously well, he's unstoppable."

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/a/Defensive-game-the-key-for-Ryder:-Hird/8300

Nope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've already showed how Ryder smashed Kreuzer in every area in 2011, what about 2012?

Ryder this year: 16.7 touches a game, 8 contested, 76% DE, 1 goal, 7 marks, 1.3 contested, 30 HOs, 3.7 tackles.

Kreuzer this year: 13.3 touches a game, 7.3 contested, 75% DE, 0.7 goals, 3.7 marks, 1 contested, 22.3 HOs, 3.7 tackles.

Bold is the area each player is leading in. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

How embarrassment. Anybody that has a clue knows that Kreuzer's effectiveness extends far beyond the stats sheet.

Aren't you the fool that claimed Hampson had a better game than Kreuzer on Friday night? :eek:

Only need to listen to one of the greatest footy mind's exalting praise of Kreuzer this morning to know how good he is. The key to Carlton's premiership chances, according to Malthouse. :thumbsu:

How embarrassment. Anybody that has a clue knows that Kreuzer's effectiveness extends far beyond the stats sheet.

Ugh Bigfooty basics.

Stats don't support the argument, therefore stats are meaningless.

Come on man, whilst an argument can be made that Kreuzer has been better over the journey, you'd have to have blinkers on if you truly want to support the argument that he's been better than Ryder in the first three games of 2012.

And that is NOT an attack on Kreuzer - in tandem, they'd arguably be the best performed ruck duo in the league to date. Considering the ages of both, its no wonder both clubs and supporter bases are pitching a tent over their performances.

Ryder v Kreuzer this week, so lets sit back and watch them go at it.

original.png

attachment.php

Ugh Bigfooty basics.

Stats don't support the argument, therefore stats are meaningless.

Come on man, whilst an argument can be made that Kreuzer has been better over the journey, you'd have to have blinkers on if you truly want to support the argument that he's been better than Ryder in the first three games of 2012.

And that is NOT an attack on Kreuzer - in tandem, they'd arguably be the best performed ruck duo in the league to date. Considering the ages of both, its no wonder both clubs and supporter bases are pitching a tent over their performances.

No, I'm fully aware how good Ryder has been. Likewise Kreuzer, who's been in our top 3 or 4 in 2 of the 3 games we've played so far. Both have been brilliant thus far and I'm intrigued to watch them go at it on the weekend.

But it's clear to anybody who watches him that statistics don't do justice to his game. Round 1 he was almost the unanimous best of ground but looking at the stat sheet you would think Ivan did better.

Friday, he was clearly the best ruckman on the ground and received raving plaudits from supporters and the media both. Yet lamaros has a look at the stats and claims that Hampson was better on the night.

Agree somewhat with the stats not necessarily rewarding him, but don't go OTT. Tigs game he was just about best on.
Kreuzer was the best ruck on the ground in Pies-Blues, but he wasn't a standout for mine. Would have had about 5 guys ahead of him.

If Ryder doesn't beat Kruezer this weekend it could get very messy, very quickly. I am pretty pessimistic about the game seeing the way that Carlton have performed this year, but I am hopeful that this will be somewhere that we can break even / win on the ground.

I didn't think Kruezer was that good a ruckman until watching him embarass Jolly on Friday night (knew he was good around the groud though), should be a really good battle on Saturday arvo.

Agree somewhat with the stats not necessarily rewarding him, but don't go OTT. Tigs game he was just about best on.
Kreuzer was the best ruck on the ground in Pies-Blues, but he wasn't a standout for mine. Would have had about 5 guys ahead of him.

I didn't have him in my top 5 either. However the vast majority of other Carlton posters had him in their top 5, with more than a few in the top 3. Hard to appreciate work around the contests watching it live at the ground so might need to go back and watch the game again.

Also, Mick Malthouse was clearly very impressed with his game on Friday. Claimed Kreuzer was Carlton's key this season.

I didn't have him in my top 5 either. However the vast majority of other Carlton posters had him in their top 5, with more than a few in the top 3. Hard to appreciate work around the contests watching it live at the ground so might need to go back and watch the game again.

Also, Mick Malthouse was clearly very impressed with his game on Friday. Claimed Kreuzer was Carlton's key this season.

Kreuzer was great against the Pies, I was taking the piss with Hampson (though he had a decent game too).

Jolly and Wood were good match ups for him though, will be interesting to see if he performs as well against Bellchambers. He probably will, as Bellchambers is not great around the ground - and Ryder will play mostly up forward.

Kruezers first half was awesome, thought he was very close to B.O.G at quarter time, faded as the game went on, but that's understandable considering he would still be building his fitness base after injury. Would love to see Ryder go up against him but as Lamaros said he will probably be played elsewhere for the majority.

Ryder is a lot more brilliant but can go missing, Kreuzer will give his all every minute he is out there.

Both at their best, Ryder pretty easily, but in saying that I just about pick Kreuzer because of his attitude out on the field.

Back