Traded Kristian Jaksch + Mark Whiley + Pick 19 traded for Pick 7

Remove this Banner Ad

After McCartin, Petracca and Brayshaw you could have thrown a blanket over the next 10 or so players. For instance, not too many people thought Marchbank would go that high, or Laverde would go that late. Had Carlton wanted Wright they had no way of knowing if he would have lasted until pick 7. Better the devil you know, and Jaksch has all the tools of turning into a good player.

I dont think Carlton wanted Wright, i think like the other clubs we were confused as to if he was a fwd who could ruck or a ruck who could play fwd.. We already have one of those in Kruezar and with McCartin certain to be gone and Marchbank likely to be gone with no other standout key position fwds we figured it was better to get Jaksch.

I'm glad we didn't hold on to @7 and draft Wright. His not the type for key forward he should be for his size.
Not really psyical enough to play Ruck or CHF ATM.

I'm glad we didn't hold on to @7 and draft Wright. His not the type for key forward he should be for his size.
Not really psyical enough to play Ruck or CHF ATM.
tend to agree from my little knowledge i see Wright as more a Joe Daniher/ Kurt Tippet type where we need a Tex Walker/Jonathan Pattan type.

tend to agree from my little knowledge i see Wright as more a Joe Daniher/ Kurt Tippet type where we need a Tex Walker/Jonathan Pattan type.

His trying to be that type. But worries me that with his size advantage in U18 football he was not able to dominate.
His contested marking is his biggest ? How could a kid that big not take a ton of them at U18 level footy.

If the Blues had picked Laverde or Goddard at 19 we would be calling this trade a 'master stroke' with the Blues getting a player worthy of their original pick 7 in Laverde or Goddard with Jaksch and Whiley essentially being 'freebies'.

Who knows, Laverde and Goddard may be 'busts' and Boekhorst a 'gun'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think Carlton wanted Wright, i think like the other clubs we were confused as to if he was a fwd who could ruck or a ruck who could play fwd.. We already have one of those in Kruezar and with McCartin certain to be gone and Marchbank likely to be gone with no other standout key position fwds we figured it was better to get Jaksch.
Jaksch was considered the best KPD in his draft year from what I remember and was stuck in GWS where he didnt really kick on (most keys take time) and so I think it wasnt a bad move from Carlton. Jaksch was also more likely to be ready to play this year than a kif from the last draft.

We're just two rounds in, but you can see why we recruited Jaksch, Whiley, Boekhorst and DVR using effectively just two picks. We need another big mid who can replace Carrazzo who can't and shouldn't play with Curnow. Plus quick mids who can kick and break the lines. DVR's highlights and size still reminds me of Docherty who has impressed this year. Just need to get Buckley back and hope Smith can improve his disposal and pick better options.

Jaksch was considered the best KPD in his draft year from what I remember and was stuck in GWS where he didnt really kick on (most keys take time) and so I think it wasnt a bad move from Carlton. Jaksch was also more likely to be ready to play this year than a kif from the last draft.

My memory is that Jaksch was drafted early his draft year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this-deal-keeps-getting-worse-all-the-time.jpg

Awful trade. Would love to have Wright at Carlton right now but thankfully it looks like Curnow and McKay will offset not drafting him.

Jaksch obviously went about things the wrong way at Carlton. Know of a GWS gun who really rated his potential back in 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back