Past Kurt Tippett - retired 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't see what the fuss is about TBH. Harley literally said we'll be focusing on giving opportunities to Sinclair and Cameron. At most Tippett would be break glass in case of emergency, and that's assuming he actually wants to come out of retirement. He wouldn't be denying anyone opportunities.

And he may!

That would be a mortifyingly bad call, one that only a basket case club would make. Leave that to Fremantle and Collingwood. If we have two rucks on our list that aren't in retirement mode and haven't been battling long-term injuries, back em in. The club should give them their full confidence that they can fulfil the role.

Troystenvic

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Its only logical that this rumour would be around. Its a really easy in for media to grab hold of. The simple truth is that ot wont happen. It really would be shitting in the faces of Cameron and Sinclair.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
That would be a mortifyingly bad call, one that only a basket case club would make. Leave that to Fremantle and Collingwood. If we have two rucks on our list that aren't in retirement mode and haven't been battling long-term injuries, back em in. The club should give them their full confidence that they can fulfil the role.
Most come out of retirement calls are! I’m dead against it, don’t get me wrong, but the club will do what it thinks is the right thing to do...including unretiring a player they themselves probably retired! Personally, I think the day of the ruckman are gone and has been for a while. Sure, there are a few that go alright but they’re rarely match winners!

momentbymoment

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
Noosa
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don't understand the problem. If he wants to go around again, let him. There is NO WAY Cameron and Sinclair are going to survive the season without injuries. What happens if we make the finals and end up without a ruck?

Surely we take Tippet back if the motivation is still there.

I don't understand the problem. If he wants to go around again, let him. There is NO WAY Cameron and Sinclair are going to survive the season without injuries. What happens if we make the finals and end up without a ruck?

Surely we take Tippet back if the motivation is still there.

I am sorry, but after Rohan and possibly Cunningham, MoneyBall is the last guy I'd want in a final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The alternative could be no rucks at all.
Seems strange to not give ourselves a back up plan if it is open to us.

MxM, of course there are options. Sinkers and Decameron and ASmartie, as well as Allir and Towers. In a side not blessed with speed I have been an advocate of moving away from selecting two big lumbering Tippesauruses.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
This guy is our best ruckman now, has turned his swans career around

Half the cost of the old ruckman and better output by a mile
Actually the only thing technically correct here is the fact that he’s on half the amount (possibly or even probably less). Sinclair better average hit outs, ave disposals are about even but there’s a huge disparity in Tippett’s favour for ave goals by about 1.2 goals per game.

What is a fact though...Sinclair has been enormous shouldering the ruck this season and in my opinion, has allowed him to realise his potential!

Actually the only thing technically correct here is the fact that he’s on half the amount (possibly or even probably less). Sinclair better average hit outs, ave disposals are about even but there’s a huge disparity in Tippett’s favour for ave goals by about 1.2 goals per game.

What is a fact though...Sinclair has been enormous shouldering the ruck this season and in my opinion, has allowed him to realise his potential!

Well actually Tippett was number one Ruck post Pyke and averages a goal a game, pre that he played more forward, so his goal average is inflated

As number one ruck he had 2 guys both combine for roughly the same hit outs as Tippett

Sinclair is carrying the ruck, towers has 23 hit outs, so facts can be used however you want, Tippett was never asked to carry the ruck essentially solo

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Well actually Tippett was number one Ruck post Pyke and averages a goal a game, pre that he played more forward, so his goal average is inflated

As number one ruck he had 2 guys both combine for roughly the same hit outs as Tippett

Sinclair is carrying the ruck, towers has 23 hit outs, so facts can be used however you want, Tippett was never asked to carry the ruck essentially solo
Are you having a meltdown because your statement is false? You’re not turning into Clarko are you?

Fact is fact...Tippett was better than Sinclair in an all round sense as a player. Oh and actually, ave goals for Tippett has remained consistent regardless of what position he played. Deny it all you want, but you’d be wrong!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back