Past Kurt Tippett - retired 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

• In 1987, Sydney were fined the maximum of $60,000 and forfeited their first round pick in the National Draft after a VFL investigation found that they had exceeded the salary cap by $1.15 million during the season.
  • In 1992, Sydney were fined $50,000 after it was found that they had failed to disclose payments made to former player Greg Williams during the 1990 season; Williams was suspended for six matches and fined the maximum of $25,000 for accepting the payments.[8]
Remember that thing that happened 30 years ago? Well... THAT!

I'm just stating what Sydney offered pick 18 and White for a potential elite KPF when you guys offered him $1M and comparing them but with Dawson who potential can be elite offered 65% of what Tippett got.
Yes, and as that post points out, pick 18 + White is a completely fair offer for someone who had injury concerns, was not elite, and was missing the first half of the next season because he, and his former club cheated the salary cap.

We offered Tippett a huge contract because we were in our window, and thought he was worth the risk. But, given that risk, it's pretty hard to say he was worth more than pick 18 and a bloke that played 3 less games of AFL football than Tippett from that point onwards.

I think you purposefully dodged all of the key points of the post, because you see what a complete farce it makes of your genuinely laughable and pathetic grudge.

Last edited:
  • In 1987, Sydney were fined the maximum of $60,000 and forfeited their first round pick in the National Draft after a VFL investigation found that they had exceeded the salary cap by $1.15 million during the season.
  • In 1992, Sydney were fined $50,000 after it was found that they had failed to disclose payments made to former player Greg Williams during the 1990 season; Williams was suspended for six matches and fined the maximum of $25,000 for accepting the payments.[8]
Yeah, a stain on our club's history.

Who did we get for Williams - one of the best players in the competition at that point? Simon Minton-Connell who had played 19 games in 5 years. Seems fair, huh?

But unlike Crows fans, we don't hold some ridiculous grudge against Carlton because they benefited from our stupidity.

Great to see Tippett get a guernsey in Mofra's bottom 50, even after all these years (and he did have to piggyback on Sam Reid, but thats OK).

In 2021, the Crows are a rabble. With some speculative reaches to secure local talent due to a fear of the go-home factor, the still ongoing loss of established players, and an overrated (internally) crop of youngsters, they have become giddy with the rare prospect of being on the positive end of a quality player move. Fans are overcome with the emotions of the yet-to-be-finalised win, so rather than celebrating amongst themselves, they have taken to goading the fans of the club on the receiving end of what will likely be a one-sided deal. Bizarrely they've brought up the example of yet another player who didn't want to be anywhere near their club, in order to bolster their arguments.

While it remains to be seen exactly how hard their club will be at the trade table (likely harder than they've been on-field in recent years), Crows fans are hoping for some kind of 'power stance', though this brings back lingering memories from the disaster that was their sole grand final appearance this century. Crows fans were last seen dredging up old news about investigations, fines and penalties - fittingly from a time when their own club was born out of spiteful courtroom litigation, rather than any meaningful history. History seems to be repeating, as the Crows have largely had little positive culture to speak of in recent years.

Yes, and as that post points out, pick 18 + White is a completely fair offer for someone who had injury concerns, was not elite, and was missing the first half of the next season because he, and his former club cheated the salary cap.

We offered Tippett a huge contract because we were in our window, and thought he was worth the risk. But, given that risk, it's pretty hard to say he was worth more than pick 18 and a bloke that played 3 less games of AFL football than Tippett from that point onwards.

I think you purposefully dodged all of the key points of the post, because you see what a complete farce it makes of your genuinely laughable and pathetic grudge.
What "key points" did I dodged, my point was you offered $1M for a potential elite KPF before all those issues occurred so pick 23 and Frampton/Himmelberg is fair for Dawson who we are offering 65% of what you offered.

What "key points" did I dodged, my point was you offered $1M for a potential elite KPF before all those issues occurred so pick 23 and Frampton/Himmelberg is fair for Dawson who we are offering 65% of what you offered.
And if those issues didn't occur, you might have gotten more. But they did.

Stephenson was a potentially elite player that had baggage, and his previous club had shot themselves in the foot mismanaging their salary cap. What did Collingwood get for him?

What did Sydney get for Greg Williams when we cheated the salary cap? How much money do you think he was on at Carlton?

I don't know if you're being this cognitively dissonant on purpose, or if you are actually this naive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A second round pick and fringe 22 for a then first roubd pick and best 22 player....

Yep. Works out exactly the same.
My absolute favourite Jesse White memory was in the 2013 Crows vs Swans game at AAMI Stadium. During that week I'd happened upon the Adelaide Crows Pride FB page and unsurprisingly they were dishing it out on poor Jesse being one of our key forwards (the whole Tippett debacle was fresh in their minds, still is I guess, and he hadn't yet finished his suspension). Jesse was labelled a spud, and whatever your thoughts were on his career, it was my favourite game of his. I think it was sometime in the 3rd quarter when the Crows eventually kicked more goals than his personal tally (and he only ended up with 3). Think he was involved in a few others as well. The memory of him, the jet that he was (not), burning off a defender on the run and slotting one from the pocket, was just *mwah*. At one point we were up by the 90s but only got up by 77. It took every fibre of my being not to drop by the Crows Pride group after that game.

My absolute favourite Jesse White memory was in the 2013 Crows vs Swans game at AAMI Stadium. During that week I'd happened upon the Adelaide Crows Pride FB page and unsurprisingly they were dishing it out on poor Jesse being one of our key forwards (the whole Tippett debacle was fresh in their minds, still is I guess, and he hadn't yet finished his suspension). Jesse was labelled a spud, and whatever your thoughts were on his career, it was my favourite game of his. I think it was sometime in the 3rd quarter when the Crows eventually kicked more goals than his personal tally (and he only ended up with 3). Think he was involved in a few others as well. The memory of him, the jet that he was (not), burning off a defender on the run and slotting one from the pocket, was just *mwah*. At one point we were up by the 90s but only got up by 77. It took every fibre of my being not to drop by the Crows Pride group after that game.

His Dad lives next door to me. He has a lot of Swans stuff. Gave me a pair of Swans boots the other day from his son's business. Too small for me, but they look good. Jesse had some business making fancy boots.

His Dad lives next door to me. He has a lot of Swans stuff. Gave me a pair of Swans boots the other day from his son's business. Too small for me, but they look good. Jesse had some business making fancy boots.
FMD GotTheGoodes moves posts out of the Dawson thread because it was becoming a Tippett thread, and now the Tippett thread is becoming a Jesse White thread 😂

Not that I'm complaining, though. I say we head over to the Jesse White thread and start discussing Simon Minton-Connell there.

FMD GotTheGoodes moves posts out of the Dawson thread because it was becoming a Tippett thread, and now the Tippett thread is becoming a Jesse White thread 😂

Not that I'm complaining, though. I say we head over to the Jesse White thread and start discussing Simon Minton-Connell there.
I'm going to be banned for a week hopefully. Can concentrate on the Grand Final weekend without worrying about Big Footy interrupting me.

I mean, there was some context about Tippett in there. The hate I saw on Jesse was because of the Tippett debacle and he was about to finish his suspension.

Also because there's lurkers - I just wanted to thrown in a clip of what they missed out on from the Tippett non-trade.

I mean, there was some context about Tippett in there. The hate I saw on Jesse was because of the Tippett debacle and he was about to finish his suspension.

Also because there's lurkers - I just wanted to thrown in a clip of what they missed out on from the Tippett non-trade.
Oh, I know. It's ironic, Jesse White only played 3 less games than Tippett across their entire careers from that point onwards too.

Oh, I know. It's ironic, Jesse White only played 3 less games than Tippett across their entire careers from that point onwards too.
I mean, at the time though, there was no contest in terms of who was thought to have the more promising career.

But in any case, with Tippett's significant injury concerns that he had before coming to us (they just happened to be different than the ones he was blighted with at the Swans), I feel it's also a bit rich to compare worth with Dawson who has no such concerns. But that won't stop Crows fans.

I mean, at the time though, there was no contest in terms of who was thought to have the more promising career.

But in any case, with Tippett's significant injury concerns that he had before coming to us (they just happened to be different than the ones he was blighted with at the Swans), I feel it's also a bit rich to compare worth with Dawson who has no such concerns. But that won't stop Crows fans.
No doubt about it. He was a good (but not great) player that had averaged 1.8 goals in the preceding two seasons before moving. 18 + White was a more than fair offer given he had to sit out the first half of the next season, despite his sizable contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back