Kurt Tippett retires due to injury and fitness concerns.

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s got to do with it being easy to bag a bloke because it’s a trend. How was he selfish? Taking lots of money to change jobs? I’d do that.

He cut an exceedingly dodgy backdoor deal and tried to basically cornhole adelaide. Could have been transparent and cut a straight up deal like every other player has to do. Adelaide are clearly culpable for agreeing to or coming up with the idea but Tippett and his manager went with it. I'm happy the Karma bus ran his arse over and his career petered out with no flags. Better him than someone else frankly. Having said which; I'm sure counting all the apples he's collected from the COLA allowance ensures he won't be weeping into his pillow anytime soon.

Done and done; enjoy the retirement big fella.

We had like 12 years of Trigg. I'd say any of our supporters who actually bothered to pay attention would have a pretty decent understanding of his strengths and weaknesses. If you look at it objectively, the rot had set well before the Tippett thing unfolded. A lot of Crows fans we're already dissatisfied with Trigg's performance and the salary cap scandal was the final straw for a lot of people.
were you happy when he left?

were you happy when he left?

Yeah but I would have preferred he'd been sacked after the Tippett scandal. I'm still pissed that Chapman survived as well.

You could be forgiven for thinking Tippett was Robinson Crusoe, for all that Crows fans admit the culpability of their club.

Well I can't speak for all Crows fans but most of us here on Bigfooty we're absolutely livid about it. You had more than half our board sporting sack Trigg avatars as a protest. I'm still annoyed about it to this day. I wanted the club's entire administration wiped from the face of the earth.

There are always going to be a few that refuse to admit their club's mistakes. Look at all the Essendon supporters who still think their club didn't do anything wrong. Some people just prefer to create their own convenient reality.

Last edited:
Maybe it's a question for another thread but why is it that AFC and their supporters are so ridiculously petulant, way over and above the usual, when a player leaves?

To be fair, a lot of players they have wanted to keep have left while in or coming into their prime. They are a bit OTT but I do understand their point of view.

Relax Bro.

2x 1st's
2x 2nd's

+ TIPRAT COMPENSATION (LIKELY A 1ST)

AND YOUR TELLING ME WE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN BETTER??!!! WE LOST THE GF BY FORTY POINTS, WE GOT DECIMATED. 20 YEARS WE WAITED FOR ANOTHER SHOT AT THE FLAG AND WE THREW IT IN THE BIN, STRAIGHT IN THE BIN. IT'S OVER, NOW LETS SIT BACK AND WAIT FOR ANOTHER 20 YEARS JUST FOR A SHOT...

2x 1st's
2x 2nd's

+ TIPRAT COMPENSATION (LIKELY A 1ST)

AND YOUR TELLING ME WE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN BETTER??!!! WE LOST THE GF BY FORTY POINTS, WE GOT DECIMATED. 20 YEARS WE WAITED FOR ANOTHER SHOT AT THE FLAG AND WE THREW IT IN THE BIN, STRAIGHT IN THE BIN. IT'S OVER, NOW LETS SIT BACK AND WAIT FOR ANOTHER 20 YEARS JUST FOR A SHOT...

You can always start paying players outside the cap again.

Well I can't speak for all Crows fans but most of us here on Bigfooty we're absolutely livid about it. You had more than half our board sporting sack Trigg avatars as a protest. I'm still annoyed about it to this day. I wanted the club's entire administration wiped from the face of the earth.

There are always going to be a few that refuse to admit their club's mistakes. Look at all the Essendon supporters who still think their club didn't do anything wrong. Some people just prefer to create their own convenient reality.
Yeah, look I was painting with a broad brush, and probably a little unfair. A lot of Crows fans freely admit their club's culpability in the saga.

But the ones that don't - sheesh, the way they pile it on Tippett as if it was all his idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pea heart. Wants the lifestyle and money. The family is pretty snobby. His sister is similar. Talented but not really hard worker sort of player. He was awful in the 2014 GF. From then on he just wasn't the player Sydney thought he was. Sure high impact most games, but his worst is among the league's worst. Just couldn't stay in the game consistently enough, pushed out by smarter positional players that work harder- Sinclair for example.

Remember around the 2017 GF aftermath he was accused of saying like. Oh well always next year and pretty upbeat about the loss. Really poor if it was ever true

Yeah, look I was painting with a broad brush, and probably a little unfair. A lot of Crows fans freely admit their club's culpability in the saga.

But the ones that don't - sheesh, the way they pile it on Tippett as if it was all his idea.
Are there any Crows fans who don't think the club stuffed up with Tippet-gate?

I don't recall anyone defending the club - just one poster defending Trigg only.

Most of our board went feral over Tippett-gate, so don't think you know what you are talking about!

Btw, Tippett himself was also to blame.

All parties were rightly penalised.

I understand what was explained .......but listening to Eddie, i'm not sure he or other clubs understand FA Contracts ?
All the clubs do, it's just Eddie who either doesn't understand or does and just pretends he doesn't so he can make listener grabbing statements on his radio show.

I was in Melbourne a couple of years back when he was railing against the northern academies, some of his utterances on radio were just bizarre like saying they would be the end of the AFL! - really Eddie, just concern yourself with finding a good coach for Collingwood :)

It was the Crows administration who are to blame for the deal in the first place and should bear the blame for that. The fact that Rob Chapman survived and Trigg was able to secure employment at Carlton really gets me down. It's bloody hard to have any faith in an organisation when the guys in charge can blunder so badly and come out of it unscathed.

The reason I loathe Tippett is because he was a willing participant in a salary cap rort and decided to use it as leverage against the Crows when they had the "audacity" to demand a fair trade from Sydney. Essentially he's a rat *.

Are there any Crows fans who don't think the club stuffed up with Tippet-gate?

I don't recall anyone defending the club - just one poster defending Trigg only.

Most of our board went feral over Tippett-gate, so don't think you know what you are talking about!

Btw, Tippett himself was also to blame.

All parties were rightly penalised.

It was the Crows administration who are to blame for the deal in the first place and should bear the blame for that. The fact that Rob Chapman survived and Trigg was able to secure employment at Carlton really gets me down. It's bloody hard to have any faith in an organisation when the guys in charge can blunder so badly and come out of it unscathed.

The reason I loathe Tippett is because he was a willing participant in a salary cap rort and decided to use it as leverage against the Crows when they had the "audacity" to demand a fair trade from Sydney. Essentially he's a rat ****.
you are lucky Cameron schwab never was the CEO at your club. Ask the freo fans what he did from 2001-2008 and ask The demons what he was like when he was there from 2009-14

s**t.

He will be a running joke, but people forget that in 2015, for the first half of the season he was one of the best ruck/forwards in the entire league. He was unfortunately the type of player who struggled to play through injury so when he was a bit injured his performance dropped.

This should end well....

Unlucky run with injuries, played with a busted jaw the following week. People will take pot shots, some deserved, some not. What could have been if his 2015 form held and no injuries.

I am so happy right now.

Good news thank ****, pea heart and the club pissed that money down the drain

Kurt just counts money. That’s all he does. He counts his millions. You try doing what he does.
Had the swans won either the 2014 or 2016 Grand final, I reckon some people would of seen the Kurt tippet deal in different light.

When teams win a flag or make a grand final, they either Keep the same team together if they are young enough or become weaker if a Stalwart or a club hero retires after the grand final win. Swans of 2012 became stronger after getting Kurt tippet controversially.

I will only mention the COLA once. People were either blinded with hatred or blinded with a drunken rage saying the Swans Used the COLA to get Kurt tippet. After doing the Research, They fitted him under the cap.

Here is what people forget. When the Swans won the Flag in 2012, Swans had a spare $600,000 in the cap, how was it possible? Heres how... Back in the end of 2009, they needed a tall forward to replace Barry Hall. They got Daniel Bradshaw from Brisbane in the PSD. They gave him a 3 year deal at $600,000 a year from 2010-2012. Bradshaw retired in the middle of 2011 due to injuries. The swans still had o pay his final year in 2012 out.

Essentially it was the Bradhaw money was used to get tippet, not the COLA.

The reason I loathe Tippett is because he was a willing participant in a salary cap rort and decided to use it as leverage against the Crows when they had the "audacity" to demand a fair trade from Sydney. Essentially he's a rat ****.

As and Adelaide utd fan, I am not a fan of Rob Chapman running the Ad united club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back