Past Kurt Tippett - retired 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Tippet was Top 3 in the B&F when he got injured mid year, which effectively ended his season.

Short memories among some posters who want to offload him for a song...

Well said - Let's see how we go with Franklin, Tippet and Reid all injury free at the same time (Fingers crossed)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are we wanting to dispose of a key forward / ruck that is consistently in the bests when fit. Wouldn't we achieve the same by moving Sam Reid on who has worse injury concerns and seldom in the bests. I love Reid and hope that doesn't happen but not sure Tippet needs to be traded out because of a lousy showing in the GF perhaps it’s time for a pay cut on performance though (Would think they couldn’t do that mid contract)

Why are we wanting to dispose of a key forward / ruck that is consistently in the bests when fit. Wouldn't we achieve the same by moving Sam Reid on who has worse injury concerns and seldom in the bests. I love Reid and hope that doesn't happen but not sure Tippet needs to be traded out because of a lousy showing in the GF perhaps it’s time for a pay cut on performance though (Would think they couldn’t do that mid contract)
It's because of our Salary cap and our inability to contract players that we should be contracting.

In addition, we have a young Ruckman by the name of Nankervis that goes alright and will most likely leave if Tippett stays.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Key Forward ?

It's because of our Salary cap and our inability to contract players that we should be contracting.

In addition, we have a young Ruckman by the name of Nankervis that goes alright and will most likely leave if Tippett stays.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nankervis goes alright but he is still down the pecking order with Naismith and Sinclair (debateable of course) we finished on top and I'm not sure we need to sweep out all of our talent to fit a fourth mid in due to his currency from other clubs. The Franklin deal has always meant we would be at our limit to hang onto everyone. However I understand that perhaps his contract would be the one to create an instant solution. I just think it makes us less of a threat next year if so.

I like the idea of playing Tippett up forward more. Naismith really stood up this year and if tippo spends more time up forward he's less likely to miss games due to getting beaten up in the ruck.

Split him 75/25 fwd/ruck for the first half of next year and see what happens. If we have to chuck him back in the middle then so be it.

Nankervis goes alright but he is still down the pecking order with Naismith and Sinclair (debateable of course) we finished on top and I'm not sure we need to sweep out all of our talent to fit a fourth mid in due to his currency from other clubs. The Franklin deal has always meant we would be at our limit to hang onto everyone. However I understand that perhaps his contract would be the one to create an instant solution. I just think it makes us less of a threat next year if so.

We are still struggling for next year I would assume though with the amount of players that will require large contracts. The fact is we have Reid/Tippett/Franklin (Not to mention Sinclair on 400k) taking a huge chunk out of our salary cap (I mean a ridiculous chunk). That is a ridiculous amount of cash tied up in 4 talls where 2 are debatable best 22 not to mention our top 3 mids command a lot of our cap in JK3/Hanners/Parker.

With our need to extend contracts of Heeney/Mills/some of our other youngsters, his salary presents an easy option especially as Nankervis/Naismith played a lot of games together this year and played really well. I think we would still have a ruck pairing on our books that could take us to a premiership. Then with Sinclair as a backup and we could draft another rookie/state league ruckman.

Yes losing him if he plays to his best will loose our team a quality player but the fact that he is 29 and we have a seriously good young team to me he is the ideal candidate to let go.

We are still struggling for next year I would assume though with the amount of players that will require large contracts. The fact is we have Reid/Tippett/Franklin (Not to mention Sinclair on 400k) taking a huge chunk out of our salary cap (I mean a ridiculous chunk). That is a ridiculous amount of cash tied up in 4 talls where 2 are debatable best 22 not to mention our top 3 mids command a lot of our cap in JK3/Hanners/Parker.

With our need to extend contracts of Heeney/Mills/some of our other youngsters, his salary presents an easy option especially as Nankervis/Naismith played a lot of games together this year and played really well. I think we would still have a ruck pairing on our books that could take us to a premiership. Then with Sinclair as a backup and we could draft another rookie/state league ruckman.

Yes losing him if he plays to his best will loose our team a quality player but the fact that he is 29 and we have a seriously good young team to me he is the ideal candidate to let go.

I'd be ok with moving Sinclair on :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back