Past Kurt Tippett - retired 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Not my problem as a supporter!
My job is to sit back & enjoy watching Buddy run around the park in Swans colours. Who would have thought?

I was sort of joking a little with the two players but one gun being brought into our club, whether it's Fyfe or someone else, would certainly be on the cards.
The key to all this is not just cap space but the fact that we have become a destination club for those players wanting to get the most out of the remaining years of their career. Every player that has come to our club in the last 10 or so years has been a better player under our system.
In the old days they used to come for their superannuation payout without giving us ANY contribution.
Here's an example of a few!
Nick Daffy, Scott Russell, Dermot Brereton.
Stuey Maxfield says hello

So it's just a personal thing then for you? Not sure when we started to arrange our list around an available big guy that we had the foresight of his ban. Decisions and delisting were probably already in motion by that time. First few years his numbers were pretty good and he hit targets to trigger a contract extension.

Kevin Sheedy wisdom just never gets old especially when you are getting all the talent into your club for free. Easy for him to sprout his rival rubbish. When a guy like Tippet comes to market you go for it. When a guy like Franklin comes to market you go even harder. If he becomes collateral for a go at Fyfe then so be it.

High risk decision making it's not like he is a tambling.
I hear you Banyo. Tippet was in fine form until the injury last year. Then he cops another before he's picked up his stride. It's frustrating when we see him rip into a season only to fall foul of injuries. One could argue though, that that's not his fault. It's a risk we take with all players. Seems folks remember the late season performance more than early season (or even mid-season in regards to Heeney). Tippet, and even to some extent Sinclair, were a key part of the Swans getting off to a bunch of wins in 2016. If Tippet had played the entire season in s**t form I'd understand the criticism but he didn't. Do we call out Franklin because he got sick at the end of 2015 ? Will we question Heeney if he misses another chunk of games ? Do we call AJ a waste of money ? No, we accept some things are out of the club's and players' control. Based on the knowledge the Swans had at the time of his recruitment I think they made the right call.

The reason why I say Tippett is considered a failure at this point is because he has missed a considerable amount of games due to injury and his suspension and hasn't been able to help us at the pointy end in any but his first season with us. Let's not forget his 2014 gf performance.

There's no doubt his best is great and a solid 2017 will change perceptions, however, he hasn't been able to perform consistently during his time at the swans. Considering his salary I'd expect him to perform consistently at a high standard.

I concede injuries haven't helped his cause.

His 2 GF performances were ******* laughable

He is paid the big bucks to be the difference in the big games or at least contribute

Nothing more than a converted basketball that's tall

Whilst I don't share your opinion overall, this point is hard to argue with.

Playing him in the 2016 Grand Final was all on the coaches imo. He shouldn't have played. Regardless he's not worth the money and needs to be moved on.

The reason why I say Tippett is considered a failure at this point is because he has missed a considerable amount of games due to injury and his suspension and hasn't been able to help us at the pointy end in any but his first season with us. Let's not forget his 2014 gf performance.

There's no doubt his best is great and a solid 2017 will change perceptions, however, he hasn't been able to perform consistently during his time at the swans. Considering his salary I'd expect him to perform consistently at a high standard.

I concede injuries haven't helped his cause.

This is fair!
He does now need to perform but in finals should we be blessed enough to make them again & go deep!

Playing him in the 2016 Grand Final was all on the coaches imo. He shouldn't have played. Regardless he's not worth the money and needs to be moved on.

This is more the point but if they chose not to play Parker, Macca, Mills & Tippett in the GF, then it's fair to say that we were on a hiding to nothing to win a GF with the replacements!

This is more the point but if they chose not to play Parker, Macca, Mills & Tippett in the GF, then it's fair to say that we were on a hiding to nothing to win a GF with the replacements!
Apart from parker. The other ones listed didn't even play the week before and we played really well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh!
The hindsight king has spoken!
Yep I make controversial calls on players early on, and told you months in advance that we weren't getting Fyfe last year. Hindsight king!

His 2 GF performances were ******* laughable

He is paid the big bucks to be the difference in the big games or at least contribute

Nothing more than a converted basketball that's tall
The problem is you are putting facts in your argument which are hard to disagree with.

I thought we had traded him to the Suns at the end of last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back