Rumour Kurt Tippett

Remove this Banner Ad

Hasn't he basically come out saying that he eventually wants to go to the Gold Coast? In fact I remember it being on the crows website! (I think).

So I don't know if we'd be keen if we were gonna lose him in a few years anyway. That said, if Trav was to go he'd be one of the first I'd look at.

Can you rephrase the op? Are you meaning to insinuate that tippett is waiting to see whether Cloke will re-sign or not and if Cloke doesn't re-sign, he will request to be traded to collingwood?

If so that would be fantastic, where did you hear this rumour. He is the closest to Cloke we will get and would relieve Dawes from the 2nd ruck role.

Given that we already have a ridiculously good list that is being paid unders, it would be a dispraise to spend hundreds of thousands on a new recruit. If Clarke got 750,000 what would tippet want?

We are struggling to get Ried Cloke Sidebottom Beams Krack Ball etc etc etc etc under our cap let alone get Tippett. If Cloke goes then hell yes Tippett is the best choice to replace him. But unless he does a Mitch Clarke and does a complete u-turn he will be either staying at Crows or going back home to Qld like he has stated late last year and early this year. And with Danger, Sloane and Walker to name a few committing in last few weeks and how the Crows are travelling he is more likley to stay a Crow.

I'm not sure if anyone here thinks that Tippett coming our way is a possibility. We just don't have the space in our cap to accommodate him, and again, I don't see him moving to Victoria anytime soon. Will never, ever happen.

We will have the cap space if Cloke leaves. I think that is the point of tippett apparently holding out to see what he does, according to the rumour

I always thought he was either going to stay at the Crows or go to Gold Coast. I've never heard of him wanting to make a move to Victoria.

It can happen. Melbourne did it with Mitch Clarke.

Collingwood in the past had interest in Tippett.

But I don't consider it super likely that Kurt makes the move to Victoria. Along with Cloke, Tippett would be a perfect fit and would make for the best key forward combination in the game. Only problem is salary cap space and what assets we would have to give up to acquire the guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It can happen. Melbourne did it with Mitch Clarke.

Collingwood in the past had interest in Tippett.

But I don't consider it super likely that Kurt makes the move to Victoria. Along with Cloke, Tippett would be a perfect fit and would make for the best key forward combination in the game. Only problem is salary cap space and what assets we would have to give up to acquire the guy.

What did Mitch cost Melbourne in the salary cap? Tippett is a better player than Mitch and look what it cost Melbourne to move him. It goes back to what it costs to move premium players under this system. It doesn't happen without sacrifice. You want a real life example of it think about what we would have sacrificed to obtain Judds services. The cost of securing Judd would likely have cost us a premiership. You buy players low and sell high. You lose out otherwise. Tippett is at around his peak.

Personally (and this may stem from frustration more than anything) read Cloke the riot act, and start hunting out other KPFs and make sure he knows that he either signs on the dotted line to our terms so that we can get Beams, Sidey, and Reid sewn up, or he can get on a bus to the Greater West. I'd throw what we're willing to pay for Travis, maybe a bit less but with the same incentives, at Tippett and basically start working on our other players if we were able to get an understanding with Kurt.

I know that's ridiculous, but at the moment Trav isn't even playing like a $600,000 a year forward, let alone $900K/$1M. If anyone is willing to pay that much for a forward with the shakes in front of goals, be my guest - but lets get onto signing our young stars.

To land Tippett would cost the same as retaining Cloke, There's no reason for Tippett to leave given how good Adelaide are right now. And if I recall correctly, Tippett is already earning distorting top-end money at Adelaide

If Cloke left, Tippett wou;d be a great get, but he'd want to be playing for 700k p.a. Can't imagine it.

Hey, look on the bright side, we got Shannon Cox instead :)

Yeah I couldn't believe when Hine mentioned that bit of info. Oh well ...... the strike rate is still rather brilliant.

For those having pots shots at Dawes .... geez I can't wait till you start posting "I was wrong". There's a glimpse that Dawes is starting to understand his role isn't just a tall forward anymore. He won't be the Leroy Brown forward, back, ruck, tall utility replacement ..... but he is absolutely required IMO.

If Travis does leave we would be insane not to have a go. But i really doubt it would ever happen. He'll either resign with the crows before the year is out. Or move up to the Gold Coast like he has always wanted too. Also, considering hes the big man down in the Crows forward line and hes not a free agent? (please correct me if im wrong) Adelaide are going to want ALOT from us to make a trade happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back