Kyabram DFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best place for to start would be by sacking the Longwood Reserves club appointed umpire. Worst case of Blatant cheating and barracking I've ever witnessed.
We got a free kick against our water boy for being in the centre square after a goal, and the ball wasn't even back on the centre square!
10 x 50m penaltys against us for absolutely nothing.. our bloke got punched from behind off the ball, our bloke wrestled him back and got sent off.

It wasn't a overly dirty game by Longwood players as far as I saw. But I can certainly see how it could get out of control with this bloke in charge. He was a disgrace[/QU i believe its the same bloke who might of been there ex reserves coach.

Pretty sure his referring to the young fella maybe 17/18 who I believe is involved in the umpires association as has umpired games away from the club and has all the umpire gear.

There was a old dude who umpired at the start of the year but haven't seen him for the last month or more.

Again I can't be over everything but I have already raised this at club level after last week and will again.

Any concerns inbox me cheers

Best place for to start would be by sacking the Longwood Reserves club appointed umpire. Worst case of Blatant cheating and barracking I've ever witnessed.
We got a free kick against our water boy for being in the centre square after a goal, and the ball wasn't even back on the centre square!
10 x 50m penaltys against us for absolutely nothing.. our bloke got punched from behind off the ball, our bloke wrestled him back and got sent off.

It wasn't a overly dirty game by Longwood players as far as I saw. But I can certainly see how it could get out of control with this bloke in charge. He was a disgrace
I don't know for sure dids but I'm assuming it was the same guy that umpired the logwood vs lanky game an absolute disgrace!!! The young fella from lancy who officiated with him felt very intimidated and being inexperienced he just didn't know how to handle the off the ball s**t that was going on Since that game we are now getting gvfua umpires doing our 2s Maybe longwood should do the same unless something is done someone will get badly hurt

Pretty sure his referring to the young fella maybe 17/18 who I believe is involved in the umpires association as has umpired games away from the club and has all the umpire gear.

There was a old dude who umpired at the start of the year but haven't seen him for the last month or more.

Again I can't be over everything but I have already raised this at club level after last week and will again.

Any concerns inbox me cheers

Nope. He was wearing long red socks and looked about 30. Fair bit of facial hair for a 17/18 year old..

Nope. He was wearing long red socks and looked about 30. Fair bit of facial hair for a 17/18 year old..
I am a Rochy bloke , although I read the stuff on this forum regularly as it is a quality board. Rarely comment but:

Who would umpire in country footy 2nds to be honest? A hiding to nothing.

In my experience club appointed umpires can be biased (not always), can be incompetent ( not always), and can abuse their perceived power (not always).

I recall an Under 18 game at Rochy (Just using this as an example) where Anthony 'Tank' Mcphee, as the GVFL games record holder, volunteered to umpire an Under 18 game at short notice, and was abused by players and parents of Under 18 players for having 'no clue' ...

Who would want to be a club decreed umpire? A hiding to nothing.

Last edited:
Brownsnake: No direct offense to you mate, but the longer your club allow your reserves full forward to play at your club the more you will cop this flack. If this said player did on the street what he does on the football field it would be classed as assault. He is bringing your club down and i'm sure all on this thread are aware of this said player. I'm also sure you are too. Time to act mate.

I am a Rochy bloke , although I read the stuff on this forum regularly as it is a quality board. Rarely comment but:

Who would umpire in country footy 2nds to be honest? A hiding to nothing.

In my experience club appointed umpires can be biased (not always), can be incompetent ( not always), and can abuse their perceived power (not always).

I recall an Under 18 game at Rochy (Just using this as an example) where Anthony 'Tank' Mcphee, as the GVFL games record holder, volunteered to umpire an Under 18 game at short notice, and was abused by players and parents of Under 18 players for having 'no clue' ...

Who would want to be a club decreed umpire? A hiding to nothing.

I agree mate. I don't make a habit of bagging umpires. In this circumstance you'd have to see this blokes umpiring to believe it.
I go into games expecting poor or below average umpiring. This was blatant cheating at every opportunity.

I don't know for sure dids but I'm assuming it was the same guy that umpired the logwood vs lanky game an absolute disgrace!!! The young fella from lancy who officiated with him felt very intimidated and being inexperienced he just didn't know how to handle the off the ball s**t that was going on Since that game we are now getting gvfua umpires doing our 2s Maybe longwood should do the same unless something is done someone will get badly hurt
If the umpires lay the law down from the first bounce then there isn't a problem, once players get away with a cheap shot once they continue to do it. And that's from the opinion of someone who has umpired seconds footy.

Brownsnake: No direct offense to you mate, but the longer your club allow your reserves full forward to play at your club the more you will cop this flack. If this said player did on the street what he does on the football field it would be classed as assault. He is bringing your club down and i'm sure all on this thread are aware of this said player. I'm also sure you are too. Time to act mate.

110% agree with this, I watched the game against Avenel @Avenel and I was standing behind the goals for the 2nd half of the game and he was abusing spectators for literally no reason at all, targeting one woman in particular calling her all sorts of disgusting things.. Definitely time to act on this one.

Wasn't Perry by any chance lol

110% agree with this, I watched the game against Avenel @Avenel and I was standing behind the goals for the 2nd half of the game and he was abusing spectators for literally no reason at all, targeting one woman in particular calling her all sorts of disgusting things.. Definitely time to act on this one.

Your from Avenel. And you're commenting on abuse by players. Now I've heard it all!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All pretty obvious winners this round you would believe? The only one that might be half close is the girgarre and avenal game, but saying that you'd think the swans would get up in that one. Big game for girgaree as they're fighting to keep the door open to play finals footy. They need to take two scalps out of the 4 games against Avenal, Stanhope, tally, VT to keep that door open.

whats everyone's thoughts on what the margin will be in this one?

All pretty obvious winners this round you would believe? The only one that might be half close is the girgarre and avenal game, but saying that you'd think the swans would get up in that one. Big game for girgaree as they're fighting to keep the door open to play finals footy. They need to take two scalps out of the 4 games against Avenal, Stanhope, tally, VT to keep that door open.

whats everyone's thoughts on what the margin will be in this one?

Swannies are without Hateley and Mckenzie, but would still think they will get up by 5-10 goals at least. Usually play well over there.

What's his name as a matter of interest?

Is Daniel Freeman playing at Stanhope now? I heard that he rucked in the 1's for them on the weekend, but I couldn't see his name on the team sheet on the KD website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back