Kyabram DFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough one I know and whilst I’m all for rehabilitation etc I’m obviously with the minority on this one.

Surely there are other ways to rehabilitate upskill etc in a minimum security correctional environment so that once a sentence is served for a rather serious offence ... guys like this can then re enter communities.

This has all created some interesting discussion and deep thinking by many. The one thing that was reported which is a little concerning is that the coach of the player said he was not aware of offence for which he is serving the sentence - which it may not have needed to be publically and openly disclosed, but would have thought given the nature of it the offence the coach should have been made aware so as to be able to provide the best duty of care to both the player and those playing with and against him considering things can get a little volatile on a footy field at times.

This has all created some interesting discussion and deep thinking by many. The one thing that was reported which is a little concerning is that the coach of the player said he was not aware of offence for which he is serving the sentence - which it may not have needed to be publically and openly disclosed, but would have thought given the nature of it the offence the coach should have been made aware so as to be able to provide the best duty of care to both the player and those playing with and against him considering things can get a little volatile on a footy field at times.

Strange that the coach had no idea I know some of the other prisoners in the program were open when talking to my boys on the field about why they are in.

It’s been happening from 1986 , they even had there own cricket team,

It’s been happening from 1986 , they even had there own cricket team,

The prison cannot disclose that information. The club can tell the prison that they would not be happy to take prisoners who have committed specific types of offences and the prison would screen those people out but the prison can not disclose an individuals criminal history.

I hope that makes some sense guys

The prison cannot disclose that information. The club can tell the prison that they would not be happy to take prisoners who have committed specific types of offences and the prison would screen those people out but the prison can not disclose an individuals criminal history.

I hope that makes some sense guys
Understand that legally no information is disclosed by the prison. But you can't tell me that not one person at that club, who is spending at least 6 hours per week with him, hasn't simply asked him the question of what he is in for or done some sort of research!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Understand that legally no information is disclosed by the prison. But you can't tell me that not one person at that club, who is spending at least 6 hours per week with him, hasn't simply asked him the question of what he is in for or done some sort of research!
Doesn’t have to as roar said just punch his name in google it’s all there ??

Maybe just "Google" everyone on a list and go through court records etc. Sure to be plenty more surprises out there. Or maybe just let it go, take people at face value and let their current choices speak for them. Apologies to Doc but I have very different personal views on our prison system to the vast majority of social media warriors thus I will not be entertaining with an opinion. Time to move on.

Great contest at lancy today the game could have gone either way with lancy getting home by a few points Avola, Green ,Tinkler and Durnan were good for Avenal where Tworney, Barrett ,Spedding stood out for the bats Avenal showed they are worthy finalist Didn’t see Ultra in the ones or twos what’s happening mate ???

Great contest at lancy today the game could have gone either way with lancy getting home by a few points Avola, Green ,Tinkler and Durnan were good for Avenal where Tworney, Barrett ,Spedding stood out for the bats Avenal showed they are worthy finalist Didn’t see Ultra in the ones or twos what’s happening mate ???

This really makes things interesting for the remainding few games. If Avenal happen to lose to either Undera or Nagambie & then if Girgarre Happened to win there last 2 against Rushworth and Merrigum then they will most likely sneak into the 6 on percentage.

Lancaster all year have won those close games. Wheather it’s just holding on or wheather just over running teams in the last quarter. There team is all full of 17 to 22 year olds pretty much (minus chickas) exciting future for the wombats if they can hold onto them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back