Kyabram DFL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that you are saying that Ardmona will be canned.

If the proposed Seymour-based league gets up and running, you may see also the exit of Longwood and potentially Violet Town and Dookie from the KDL in addition to teams from the O&K, AFL Outer East and potentially Riddell as well.

Ardmona getting canned...I see what you did there...

Dookie to the Seymour league? Interesting.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
This is how I'd run with it for what it's worth. Premier of Div 2 goes up with the big boys the Season after and Wooden Spooners drop down for a good chance to climb the ladder the year after.
Div 1- Nagambie Broadford Avenel Stanhope Tally Lancaster Murchison Merrigum Shepparton East 100k Salary Cap
Div 2- Undera Dookie Rushworth Longwood Girgarre Ardmona Violet Town 75k Salary Cap.

There is probably another Club or two that could jump in it but if Broadford jump in your testing the boundaries of how far you can string the Competition out in other directions. Be a much better scenario for all Clubs involved been too many lopsided games for too long in the Ky League.

Ardmona dropping out

I am hearing the same things too. Mainly Ardmona are going into recession for a year. I imagine if true, it would be even more difficult to come back from a year off than where they are at now.
I have heard that Ardmona have found it difficult to pay their league fees for the previous years so the league is making a stand. Again not sure if this is true, but their on field results aren’t helping their cause no matter how many good intentions their tireless volunteers have.
Hopefully the league is communicating with them, if the rumour mill is true, because they will need to as a club plan a celebration for the end of the season to honour their history so they close up shop with respect.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I spoke to a few people at ardy at our game Saturday. They were saying they have had talks with a couple of possible coaches already for 2020.

That could mean four possibilities:
1. Rumours not true and they will be continuing as part of KDFL in 2020
2. Rumours are true but Ardmona officials don’t know about what’s happening
3. Rumours are true but these individuals at Ardmona haven’t been told what’s happening
4. Rumours partly true and Ardmona are playing in a different league next year

Two divisions makes so much sense. It helps clubs with recruiting and we will have more competitive football. This in turn helps to keep or attract people to clubs and make them viable and vibrant. Most importantly, clubs help keep a community's economy vibrant by stimulating local business and keeps jobs close to home.

There are too many wallopings going on around the state - especially this season - and if nothing gets done, you are going to see the demise of a number of clubs in the short term.

Once clubs are gone, they are bloody hard to bring back.

3. Rumours are true but these individuals at Ardmona haven’t been told what’s happening

I see four options. In order:
1. KDL Div 2 (should it eventuate)
2. KDL
3. Picola
4. Nowhere (hopefully not)

I am hearing the same things too. Mainly Ardmona are going into recession for a year. I imagine if true, it would be even more difficult to come back from a year off than where they are at now.
I have heard that Ardmona have found it difficult to pay their league fees for the previous years so the league is making a stand. Again not sure if this is true, but their on field results aren’t helping their cause no matter how many good intentions their tireless volunteers have.
Hopefully the league is communicating with them, if the rumour mill is true, because they will need to as a club plan a celebration for the end of the season to honour their history so they close up shop with respect.

History shows they have been in some dire positions but they keep punching at Ardy I can see them being around next year and if they were in Div 2 they would stand to pick up a few more players because the standard would be more their soup. They kicked 16 goals or near against Longwood this year so if they got a few more they would get much closer to the standard of the Competition.

What is being proposed is not a Division 1 and Division 2 based on club strength. It is based on the club’s ability/willingness to field extra junior grades.

For example:

Pool A: Seniors, Reserves, Thirds
A, B, C, 17U, 15U, 13U

Pool B: Seniors, Reserves, Thirds, U14
A, B, C, C Res, 17U, 15U, 13U, 11U

Senior and A Grade ladder position has had nothing to do with the discussions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is being proposed is not a Division 1 and Division 2 based on club strength. It is based on the club’s ability/willingness to field extra junior grades.

For example:

A, B, C, 17U, 15U, 13U

And is that likely to include a few Clubs outside the current band of 15 KDFL Clubs GK?

I spoke to a few people at ardy at our game Saturday. They were saying they have had talks with a couple of possible coaches already for 2020.

I’ve also seen an article that said Broadford , Yea,Thornton Eildon,Alexandra and Bonnie Doon are wanting to come into the KD , on top of a Tungamah person telling me there could be a league that would see Tally , Dookie , Shepp East be involved with some of the Murray and Picola teams maybe.
I’m not sure what the hell is going on but with the amount of talk around it feels as though something will happen so the sooner someone comes out with the plan the better.

100% with ya Jobby, plenty of talk and discussion taking place, we all want clubs's to survive and actually be competitive/sustainable but it seems the final piece to a tricky puzzle is some form of communication from the powers that be.

For example:

A, B, C, 17U, 15U, 13U

Most clubs struggle to field U/18 sides now, splitting up a league due to who wants to field an U/14 side and a couple of extra netball sides won’t work. I know the KDL is hellbent on it happening but I believe it’s the wrong pathway. Geography and strength of clubs both need to come into the equation.
Stanhope Gig and Rushy have one U/14 side between them, not one of those sides on their own will be able to fill an U/14s, Stanhope already tried to take over and have the kids from the other two clubs playing under their banner and they ended up with egg on their face.
Murch/Tool need to put an U/14 side in the Shepp comp, play your home games at 9am Satdy as much as the league can facilitate that, other clubs that can go it alone, do the same, clubs like SGR, continue to give all 3 clubs children a pathway and allow them to continue on to their respective clubs post U/14s.

Most clubs struggle to field U/18 sides now, splitting up a league due to who wants to field an U/14 side and a couple of extra netball sides won’t work. I know the KDL is hellbent on it happening but I believe it’s the wrong pathway. Geography and strength of clubs both need to come into the equation.
Stanhope Gig and Rushy have one U/14 side between them, not one of those sides on their own will be able to fill an U/14s, Stanhope already tried to take over and have the kids from the other two clubs playing under their banner and they ended up with egg on their face.
Murch/Tool need to put an U/14 side in the Shepp comp, play your home games at 9am Satdy as much as the league can facilitate that, other clubs that can go it alone, do the same, clubs like SGR, continue to give all 3 clubs children a pathway and allow them to continue on to their respective clubs post U/14s.

Valid point. We’d love to field a team in the Shepp Juniors, but to compete in that competition we’d need a full squad of 13/14 year olds. Which we can’t achieve.

Fourths footy usually has 11/12/13/14 year olds in the team, making it more achievable.

My worry for an SGR type arrangement is, for how long can it sustain 3 senior clubs?

Valid point. We’d love to field a team in the Shepp Juniors, but to compete in that competition we’d need a full squad of 13/14 year olds. Which we can’t achieve.

Fourths footy usually has 11/12/13/14 year olds in the team, making it more achievable.

My worry for an SGR type arrangement is, for how long can it sustain 3 senior clubs?

[/
I’d be more worried of the 3 teams surviving when one club takes over the junior sides in an arrangement like that to allow one club out of the three to fill a fourths side.
And as for 11-14 yr olds playing together, that may make your club feel good about fielding their own standalone side, but the reality is those 11 year old kids would be much better off for their development playing against U/12 kids, even if that means an amalgamated side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back