Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m told league has ruled out starting without Melbourne players being available and as such have as good as ruled out next two weeks .
Yep hence my August 21 start, and if pushed I think the 4 clubs that need the extra game would be happy to start the weekend earlier to get their extra game in with or without Melbourne players.
Cant see any of us playing in the next two weeks either way.

With the draw compromised, shorter, since the clearances were finalised, and all the clubs who signed players before the deadline, will there be a reduction to the 6 games they need to play to qualify???

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With the draw compromised, shorter, since the clearances were finalised, and all the clubs who signed players before the deadline, will there be a reduction to the 6 games they need to play to qualify???

Yep mentioned that on my attached proposal, the initial 6 games was for an 18 game season(1/3 of games to qualify)we were already back to 16 this season, and best case now will be 14, my proposal was 4 minimum, but wouldn't have a problem with 5, certainly needs to be a game or two knocked off, and if god forbid, home and away doesnt get up and we just get straight into finals at some point, then as long as you’ve played a game I reckon thats enough.

Yep mentioned that on my attached proposal, the initial 6 games was for an 18 game season(1/3 of games to qualify)we were already back to 16 this season, and best case now will be 14, my proposal was 4 minimum, but wouldn't have a problem with 5, certainly needs to be a game or two knocked off, and if god forbid, home and away doesnt get up and we just get straight into finals at some point, then as long as you’ve played a game I reckon thats enough.
Spot on fella 👍🏽

Lots of moving parts to consider. Also Reserves qualification, there will be a bit to work through, but now more than ever we need to work together to ensure we can get a result.

Best case scenario atm would be to be able to start up on the 14th of August, previously no adult sport first weekend out, so an option below, the Lancy v Tally and Murch-Tool v Ardmona games will be the sticking point, mid week game, or if possible play the weekend before everyone else starts if possible. Grasskat did most of the heavy lifting with the draw.
What about teams that can't get 4th spot?
How do they finish off the year ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about teams that can't get 4th spot?
How do they finish off the year ?
What about the teams that can’t get top 6?
Same clubs, as far as I’m concerned the same clubs that can finish Top 4 can make Top 6. Would rather 4 games to be able to try and make it, than 2 and it be an uneven draw. Just my take.
Couldnt care less what the make up is with the season or finals from my club point of view as long as there is some sort of finals series.
Dookie done either way, VT only side that can break into the 6 or 4, and they had their chance to slot in and blew it last round.
Simple arithmetic, if we want to play each other once, then we only have 2 weeks (maybe 3 in a best case scenario) to play a finals series.
Only way we can get around it is push the season back, and wait for another lockdown to shut us down again.

Is the KDFL reserves qualification based on games rather than percentage of h&a ??
No more than 9 senior games, so you’d probably look to knock off a couple games and drop that back to 7, same line of thinking as the senior qualification, used to be a 18 game season and any more than 9 (50%) senior games played made you ineligible, so 14 game season, 7 games makes sense. Minimum game qualifications the same for both senior grades.

If regional vic is released sooner than metro has there been any consideration given to starting all grades other than seniors sooner ( due to not wanting to play without metro players ) . Then giving those grades a bye just prior to finals and taking the senior finals to a final 8 rather than 6.
Not all senior teams would play each other once but those in the hunt would still be given the chance and may just save 2 or 3 weeks ??
The first week of senior finals ( 4 games ) could be played on one day at one venue . Concluding with a twilight / night final .

If regional vic is released sooner than metro has there been any consideration given to starting all grades other than seniors sooner ( due to not wanting to play without metro players ) . Then giving those grades a bye just prior to finals and taking the senior finals to a final 8 rather than 6.
Not all senior teams would play each other once but those in the hunt would still be given the chance and may just save 2 or 3 weeks ??
The first week of senior finals ( 4 games ) could be played on one day at one venue . Concluding with a twilight / night final .
Been crickets from the league publicly since the lockdown, but yeah I’d be open to a final 8 setup if we can’t get the H&A games in at senior level.

What about the teams that can’t get top 6?
Same clubs, as far as I’m concerned the same clubs that can finish Top 4 can make Top 6. Would rather 4 games to be able to try and make it, than 2 and it be an uneven draw. Just my take.
Couldnt care less what the make up is with the season or finals from my club point of view as long as there is some sort of finals series.
Dookie done either way, VT only side that can break into the 6 or 4, and they had their chance to slot in and blew it last round.
Simple arithmetic, if we want to play each other once, then we only have 2 weeks (maybe 3 in a best case scenario) to play a finals series.
Only way we can get around it is push the season back, and wait for another lockdown to shut us down again.
Go back to six
1 vs 2 in first week
Or just give cup to top team

League executive had a meeting early in the week. Several options given to them to consider and were meeting late this week, but haven’t heard anything since.

Don’t envy their job. They’ll have to have a bunch of different options pending when sport can return after the lockdown.

Crowds, or lack thereof, will be a real problem. Would imagine if we can play adult sport in two weeks that it could potentially be with only those necessary for the sport to run.

Why not go straight into finals in 3 weeks with crowds, with a final 8

League executive had a meeting early in the week. Several options given to them to consider and were meeting late this week, but haven’t heard anything since.

Don’t envy their job. They’ll have to have a bunch of different options pending when sport can return after the lockdown.

Crowds, or lack thereof, will be a real problem. Would imagine if we can play adult sport in two weeks that it could potentially be with only those necessary for the sport to run.

Why not go straight into finals in 3 weeks with crowds, with a final 8
I don’t think that will be their first option but I’d say they’ll have a finals only option up their sleeve.
The top 6/8 have each played 10. Murch have only played 9, as have Ardy so potentially could try and get that game in.

Rushy and Longwood playing 11 doesn’t effect anything.

The finals only option hurts teams owed some home games but you could fix that by giving them finals (if they haven’t already been allocated one).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back