Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't they say this last time, yet no one got to go for a couple of weeks, as you have all the players and officials
Not sure what they said last time, but after the last lockdown it wasn’t so much to do with the numbers. Adult community sport wasn’t allowed for a week or two. Kids was and adult training was. Then there was like a week where it was only ‘necessary people’ but that changed after the queens birthday bye.

Atleast if we do start up there will be plenty of volunteers putting their hands up to get all the necessary jobs done. #20waterboys, 4boundaries, 3centralsforthe3rds&2nds. 3linecoaches.

Haha true. I coach my sons under10’s side and after last lockdown I have never had so many parents keen to help me on game day!

Seen a draw for Stanhope, everyone has this weekend off I believe, and then they have a bye, Nagambie, Avenel then Merrigum. By my calculations this means they then don’t play Girgarre at all. So looks like 13 game season. No crowds for at least the next fortnight.

Last edited:
Seen a draw for Stanhope, everyone has this weekend off I believe, and then they have a bye, Nagambie, Avenel then Merrigum. By my calculations this means they then don’t play Girgarre at all. So looks like 13 game season. No crowds for at least the next fortnight.
What no play this weekend ?
And does every team miss one side they haven't played ?

After a quick look through the revised draw, Nagambie, Merrigum & Dookie play everyone once with 14 games, everyone else plays 13.
Rushy & Longwood play only two more games, therefore 2 byes in the last month, with Longwood having back to back byes. Both of them have byes the 2nd last round, why wouldn’t you play them against each other, so what that they have already played each other, already uneven draw with 12 sides missing playing one team.
Haven’t heard on a ruling for qualifications, but with the majority playing 3 less, you’d think a couple of games off would be fair. 4 games for qualification, no more than 7 senior games before you can play twos in the finals with no senior side playing that weekend.

Last edited:
After a quick look through the revised draw, Nagambie, Merrigum & Dookie play everyone once with 14 games, everyone else plays 13.
Rushy & Longwood play only two more games, therefore 2 byes in the last month, with Longwood having back to back byes. Both of them have byes the 2nd last round, why wouldn’t you play them against each other, so what that they have already played each other, already uneven draw with 12 sides missing playing one team.
Haven’t heard on a ruling for qualifications, but with the majority playing 3 less, you’d think a couple of games off would be fair. 4 games for qualification, no more than 7 senior games before you can play twos in the finals with no senior side playing that weekend.
I think only Nagambie play everyone. We (Merrigum) won’t play Rushworth. I don’t know who everyone else misses but I’m pretty sure from the league’s email, they said Nagambie would have 1 less bye (playing everyone).

After a more thorough look, Nagambie is the only side that plays 14 games, everyone else 13

I think only Nagambie play everyone. We (Merrigum) won’t play Rushworth. I don’t know who everyone else misses but I’m pretty sure from the league’s email, they said Nagambie would have 1 lesson bye (playing everyone).
Yep wrote down that you guys played Dookie first game back, but you both have a bye, you and Rushy have a bye together and don’t play each other, why wouldn't you guys play🤔

Who misses playing each other
Ardmona & Avenel
Murch & VT
Shepp East & Undera
Gig & Stanhope
Tally & Lancy
Longwood & Dookie
Merrigum & Rushy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep wrote down that you guys played Dookie first game back, but you both have a bye, you and Rushy have a bye together and don’t play each other, why wouldn't you guys play🤔
Rushy need to have 2 byes in the fortnight as they’ve already played 11 games.

That’d be fine if there wasn’t a side that is playing 14 games, if you have one side playing everyone once, why not have 3 if the opportunity is there?
This is true. I guess they didn’t want too many sides getting the chance for a percentage boost. Everyone gets the 4 points with a bye but with the win you get the chance for %% but I agree the more teams that got to play everyone makes more sense… and for those that couldn’t, here’s 4 points and a bye.

I’m currently chatting to other club President’s (I’m in the chat group instead of Pelly) and there’s a couple of things that might need changing. Don’t think it’s a complete redo but could be a couple of changes made. All good from our end, Havent spotted an issue for us I don’t believe. 6 home, 7 away, miss Rushy. Fairly straight forward.

If I was Gig and Undera, I’d be demanding playing their Round 14 fixtures in Round 16 instead, Gig V Tally & Undera V Longwood are slated for Round 14 with no crowds, but all 4 sides have the bye in Round 16, absolute stupidity for them to play without crowds when they could play a fortnight later with some sort of crowd hopefully allowed.

So been told still 6 games to qualify if registered after Rd1. Worse still, assume that means you can play 9 senior games out of a maximum 13, and still suit up in the twos come finals, deadset muppets, doesn’t adversely affect us, but think Lancy may be in trouble with their Northcote Park recruit and Sandor Earl for Avenel would be done also. Circus 🤡

So been told still 6 games to qualify if registered after Rd1. Worse still, assume that means you can play 9 senior games out of a maximum 13, and still suit up in the twos come finals, deadset muppets, doesn’t adversely affect us, but think Lancy may be in trouble with their Northcote Park recruit and Sandor Earl for Avenel would be done also. Circus 🤡
Lucky you’ve got 4 games to get everyone qualified and everyone else has 3 then hey fella. But you are right, for the league to turn around and say it remains as 6 is absolutely ridiculous and needs to be amended.

I'd say those Clubs that will be affected could look at avenues to appeal it just fails commonsense to have the same amount of games to qualified when the Season has been reduced in matches. 6 is the highest amount of games I'd ever heard of for a start.

Lucky you’ve got 4 games to get everyone qualified and everyone else has 3 then hey fella. But you are right, for the league to turn around and say it remains as 6 is absolutely ridiculous and needs to be amended.
I have no confidence in the league going ahead with next weeks games, got no idea, still can’t believe they’re sticking with playing two games in Rd 14 with no crowds when they could be played in Rd 16

I have no confidence in the league going ahead with next weeks games, got no idea, still can’t believe they’re sticking with playing two games in Rd 14 with no crowds when they could be played in Rd 16
Again agree with you there mate. I would be having Murch and Ardmona play next weekend, no crowd (both teams have only played 9 games) at Ardmona as Ardy have already had 6 home games. Then kicking on with the rest from there. The league is fixated on playing all finals and the grand final on the public holiday as they are worried about their own bank account. Not the outcome of the season or the fairness of the competition.

If I was Gig and Undera, I’d be demanding playing their Round 14 fixtures in Round 16 instead, Gig V Tally & Undera V Longwood are slated for Round 14 with no crowds, but all 4 sides have the bye in Round 16, absolute stupidity for them to play without crowds when they could play a fortnight later with some sort of crowd hopefully allowed.

Why? People are ready and keen to get back into after lockdown, if tally was to have 2 weeks off after the start up, I bet they would push to find enough players to finish the last games

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why? People are ready and keen to get back into after lockdown, if tally was to have 2 weeks off after the start up, I bet they would push to find enough players to finish the last games

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Simple, No Crowds, means none of those non-playing people allowed to watch their clubs play, when in two weeks they could.
And just the little problem of the couple of grand difference to the two home sides coffers by waiting another week.
P.S Tally wouldnt have two weeks off after the start up, their season would start in Rd 15 with the 10 other sides that have a bye in Rd14.

Last edited:
Again agree with you there mate. I would be having Murch and Ardmona play next weekend, no crowd (both teams have only played 9 games) at Ardmona as Ardy have already had 6 home games. Then kicking on with the rest from there. The league is fixated on playing all finals and the grand final on the public holiday as they are worried about their own bank account. Not the outcome of the season or the fairness of the competition.
The some teams playing 6 home games and others 7 bemuses me as well, surely keep it at even games, even if they dropped it down to 12 so its 6 and 6, extend finals, gives 2 extra clubs an opportunity to host, gives them 2 extra gates to assist anyone disadvantaged and every club is in the same boat in regards to home games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back