Kyabram DFL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel Clarke has accepted the coaching position at Tally good appointment by the redlegs Im confident he’ll recruit well and we’ll see a way better tally outfit next year
Couldn’t get a better start with recruiting than bringing back gun utility Tim Karalidis with him to Tally from Avenel the assistant coach is a big get for the redlegs

FB: G Giles, D Gillespie, Tr Sidebottom
HB: D Clarke, G Connally, C Thompson,
C: L Hall, D Hueston, B Gray
HF: H Ewart, R Osborne, J Davies
FF: P Rattray, D Cupido, M Adamson
Foll: P Arandt, D Harrison, J Mason
Int: J Williams, D Freeman, D Grinton, B Boyer

Wow… maybe we’ve just found the future of interleague! #aflmasters

This side would win the Masters Carnival by a long way! Now we just need a KDL club to sign Paul Scanlon again! Keep the names coming!

Gig’s Tomisini would be close?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Bit late to the party & these two didn’t have a run this year but I’d be finding room for two Nagambie veterans in Ben Hutton & Michael Roberts, I’m sure we could get Linc Sullivan as a playing Coach as well 😉

Didn’t he leave Macorna in the lurch a couple of weeks by not turning up?

Speaking of Golden Rivers, I’m watching a few neighbouring league forums with their chat about the future of leagues with some club movements. I feel that there could be impacts on our league in the coming years.

Speaking of Golden Rivers, I’m watching a few neighbouring league forums with their chat about the future of leagues with some club movements. I feel that there could be impacts on our league in the coming years.

In what sense GK? Neighbouring league club's wanting to enter this league? Or potential a re-structured model of all league's?

Those two clubs perhaps looking for a home, but it won’t be KDL.
s**t, sorry to scare you all - they'll end up in the Picola (work is frying my brain today).

When the Golden Rivers does fold, it is likely to have an impact on a number of leagues - Central Murray, North Central, Heathcote, Loddon Valley, Picola, Kyabram - with clubs in all these leagues re-assessing where their best fit is in a new-look landscape either as a stand-alone club or part of a merger.

Even over this summer, we are likely to see clubs struggle to get teams up for 2023 and choose to merge. One in the Loddon Valley looks to be in trouble player-wise and could be looking to join up with a neighbour.

The whole Golden Rivers-North Central-Loddon Valley landscape looks like it's going to undergo significant changes over the next few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t, sorry to scare you all - they'll end up in the Picola (work is frying my brain today).

When the Golden Rivers does fold, it is likely to have an impact on a number of leagues - Central Murray, North Central, Heathcote, Loddon Valley, Picola, Kyabram - with clubs in all these leagues re-assessing where their best fit is in a new-look landscape either as a stand-alone club or part of a merger.

Even over this summer, we are likely to see clubs struggle to get teams up for 2023 and choose to merge. One in the Loddon Valley looks to be in trouble player-wise and could be looking to join up with a neighbour.

The whole Golden Rivers-North Central-Loddon Valley landscape looks like it's going to undergo significant changes over the next few years.
I doubt it

In what sense GK? Neighbouring league club's wanting to enter this league? Or potential a re-structured model of all league's?

Golden Rivers (former Kerang League) and Outer East - Div 3 (former Yarra Valley Mountain District League) getting down to 5 or less teams. If any more clubs fold or move, the existing clubs would be looking elsewhere. How this looks for our league, I am not sure.

Loddon Valley and North Central Leagues have a bit going on too, with touted mergers and relocations. The Heathcote League appears to be healthy with clubs being quite strong.

Most league constitutions are very clear that any admissions are up to the member clubs. But I have seen across my time in footy that clubs without a home do tend to get placed into a league.

From Rushworth FB page this evening:
·
CAN YOU HELP US?

On Wednesday October 5th, we held an initial AGM meeting at the clubrooms. Whilst we had a good turnout, it wasn't enough to elect positions.

We have therefore extended it another month until November 2nd - during this time, nomination forms (both in hard copy and digital/online), will be shared around town. This will assist us to gather further support towards electing people for each position. Hard copy forms can be found at the Top Pub, Gus & Ollie’s and Rushworth IGA.

If you are interested in helping the club, not only to be a 'club' next year but also support something that brings people together in a social and sporting setting, please consider joining the committee or joining a sub committee.

If we don't have positions filled, the club may unfortunately not be able to proceed as a club next year. The more people who help out, the less work everyone does.

If you have any questions or would like to reach out to discuss anything relating to the AGM or the RFNC, please email rushworthtigers@gmail.com and we will get back to you.

Please keep an eye out for the nomination forms around town (and on our Club Facebook page) and seriously consider if you are able to help or suggest someone who is willing to fill in one of the positions.

Thank you - we appreciate your support and help in keeping the club alive and going in Season 2023
🐯

Golden Rivers (former Kerang League) and Outer East - Div 3 (former Yarra Valley Mountain District League) getting down to 5 or less teams. If any more clubs fold or move, the existing clubs would be looking elsewhere. How this looks for our league, I am not sure.

Loddon Valley and North Central Leagues have a bit going on too, with touted mergers and relocations. The Heathcote League appears to be healthy with clubs being quite strong.

Most league constitutions are very clear that any admissions are up to the member clubs. But I have seen across my time in footy that clubs without a home do tend to get placed into a league.

You are correct that leagues constitutions determine who is a member( including clubs) if the league , this also extends to suspensions and fines .
In years gone by clubs like Shepp East and Dookie did find there way into leagues ( picola) when the leagues may have preferred not to . But that was within the VCFL days and was often done in a gesture of goodwill from the leagues to the VCFL, a lot has changed since then .

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back