Kyabram DFL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting Finals campaign since the Midseason Queens Bday bye this is the form of the finals sides
WinsForAgainst%
Murchison-Toolamba FNC Seniors
7​
942​
367​
256.68​
Lost to Avenal by 47
Lancaster FNC Seniors
7​
934​
628​
148.73​
Lost to Murch by 44
Stanhope FNC Seniors
6​
1055​
249​
423.69​
Lost to Avenal by 5 & Murch by 2
Violet Town FNC Seniors
6​
998​
497​
200.80​
Lost to Shepp east by 3 and Lancaster by 5
Avenel FNC Seniors
6​
910​
454​
200.44​
Lost to Nagambie by 1 and VT by 1
Nagambie FNC Seniors
5​
867​
679​
127.69​
Lost to Gig by 1 VT by 58 and Shepp east by 134
Girgarre FNC Seniors
5​
825​
697​
118.36​
Lost to Dook by 34 Vt by 58 and Lancasterby 102
Shepparton East FNC Seniors
4​
731​
549​
133.15​
Lost to Avenal by 11 Murch by 11 stan by 4 and Nagambie by 89

I think it’s the following.
1st week
East v Gig - Longwood
VT v Nagambie - Lanky

2nd week
Avenel v Stanhope - Rushy
Murch v Lanky - Merrigum

East/Gig play loser of Avenel/Stanhope
VT/Nagambie play loser Murch/Lanky
Thoughts on the split final setup?
Allows those winning an elimination final a week off before a semi final and winners of the qualifying only to play 1 game in nearly 3 weeks.

Get that we can go watch more of the games and create more revenue just the overall structure leaves it a little unbalanced I feel.

East should demolish Gig and V. T might get over Nagambie depends if the 2 up foward for VT can be stopped.

Allows those winning an elimination final a week off before a semi final and winners of the qualifying only to play 1 game in nearly 3 weeks.

Get that we can go watch more of the games and create more revenue just the overall structure leaves it a little unbalanced I feel.

East should demolish Gig and V. T might get over Nagambie depends if the 2 up foward for VT can be stopped.
The main reason they do it that way mate is because of club volunteers, trainer's etc not being able to cover 2 different venues per day? Example if seniors or reserves or Football or Netball are playing at different venue's on the same day due to ladder positions & finals venues!

I do agree it seems unbalanced, but the top 4 have to play the 2nd week cause if they play the 1st week the 2 teams that win wouldn't play again until the preliminary final which would be 3 weeks away! Unfortunately it means the 2 teams that lose the Qualifying final have to back it up the following week against 2 side's that are fresh from a week off! The best scenario is Top 6 which I feel will probably go back to that next year especially the rumoured teams switch comps!

Last edited:

The main reason they do it that way mate is because of club volunteers, trainer's etc not being able to cover 2 different venues per day? Example if seniors or reserves or Football or Netball are playing at different venue's on the same day due to ladder positions & finals venues!

I do agree it seems unbalanced, but the top 4 have to play the 2nd week cause if they play the 1st week the 2 teams that win wouldn't play again until the preliminary final which would be 3 weeks away! Unfortunately it means the 2 teams that lose the Qualifying final have to back it up the following week against 2 side's that are fresh from a week off! The best scenario is Top 6 which I feel will probably go back to that next year especially the rumoured teams switch comps!

Agree, agree, agree, maybe on the six… switch comps??? What???

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't think Nagambie have the answers for Exell and Mellington , they kicked 13 of their 17 goals last week against the 3rd ranked defence in the comp. Mellington kicked 11 against the Lakers in round 7 , I think they've warming up and it could get ugly , the young Nagambie boys had their egos hammered last week. But they've had a very good year with amazingly again a very good crop of pure local talent....another possible dominant era just around the corner. But Sunday isn't a forgone conclusion yet....4 qtrs of footy to be played.

I don't think Nagambie have the answers for Exell and Mellington , they kicked 13 of their 17 goals last week against the 3rd ranked defence in the comp. Mellington kicked 11 against the Lakers in round 7 , I think they've warming up and it could get ugly , the young Nagambie boys had their egos hammered last week. But they've had a very good year with amazingly again a very good crop of pure local talent....another possible dominant era just around the corner. But Sunday isn't a forgone conclusion yet....4 qtrs of footy to be played.
Totally agree lion the 2 gun forwards have been the difference in there better wins of the season and can’t see Nagambie giving them any trouble whatsoever VT were terrific against SE in a game they let slip in the last 5-10 minutes of the game expecting big hauls from Exell and Melllo
Lancy should make short work of there fierce rivals Gig the Roos top 6 are up there with the other top sides in the comp there problem is there bottom 7 or so expect lancy should win quite easy
PS flags wide open 🤔

Last edited:
Totally agree lion the 2 gun forwards have been the difference in there better wins of the season and can’t see Nagambie giving them any trouble whatsoever VT were terrific against SE in a game they let slip in the last 5-10 minutes of the game expecting big hauls from Exell and Melllo
Lancy should make short work of there fierce rivals Gig the Roos top 6 are up there with the other top sides in the comp there problem is there bottom 7 or so expect lancy should win quite easy
PS flags wide open 🤔
Aren't Girgarre up against East? Lancaster vs Murch week 2?

Saturdays game still set for Longwood at this stage ??....how late can they leave it if it requires moving ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2010 at Lancaster I think it was. It was like playing in a shallow pool, couple hundred mm of water!

Play on!
Atrocious conditions they were with people leaving at HT with Stanny having everyone thought an unbeatable lead under those conditions but the hot favourites surrendered their big lead thanks to unbelievable effort’s from Tyse Sidey and their coach Trigger.Trainidis That comeback from Tally right up there with the best

Atrocious conditions they were with people leaving at HT with Stanny having everyone thought an unbeatable lead under those conditions but the hot favourites surrendered their big lead thanks to unbelievable effort’s from Tyse Sidey and their coach Trigger.Trainidis That comeback from Tally right up there with the best
That was 05 swoop your talking abt..

Can anyone down south give us a rain update hasn’t been to wet in shepp today.

I heard longwood were looking to try get a roller on the oval during the week to try firm up the ground but unsure if that happen or not.

Can anyone down south give us a rain update hasn’t been to wet in shepp today.

I heard longwood were looking to try get a roller on the oval during the week to try firm up the ground but unsure if that happen or not.

Currently in Geelong and has started bucketing down.

Suspecting a new handle for the other bloke who turned up and defended the ex-coach. Then vanished.

It's nice that family stick tight!
Flog! Wrong on all counts;perhaps stick to the subject matter, as all said was correct; just admit the club's admin stuffed up big time and had to find a scape goat. From what I see,the club has gone even further down the gurgler. Pity help the next coach if they get one. Who would want to coach a basket case?

Flog! Wrong on all counts;perhaps stick to the subject matter, as all said was correct; just admit the club's admin stuffed up big time and had to find a scape goat. From what I see,the club has gone even further down the gurgler. Pity help the next coach if they get one. Who would want to coach a basket case?
Pretty sure the coach and his mate came up with the idea...

😭
Flog hey? Feel free to simply disagree with my post.

Are you the 'ex-coach' or 'mate' that Jayco referenced? Anyway, if it was the club's fault, I recommend some due diligence on your behalf before accepting a coaching job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back