Kyabram DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Late to the party, what was their reasoning they couldn’t stay in outer east?
Nickedoff they had been playing in division 2 (AFLOE have premier, Div 1 and Div 2)
With clubs leaving they have just gone with 2 divisions, so the travel factor became even greater (Broadford to Berwick)
AFLOE let them down big time by promising a Northern division which never eventuated

I'd say travel, but they should be in the riddell league, I'd think, unless they can't compete

Agreed. Riddell would be the best option. Allegedly their main reason for leaving was the exorbitant fees but that was in the AFL Goldfields era and that issue has since been eradicated and the competition is better than it was when they left.

Pretty sad day for grassroots footy, broady is a growing town, must be close to 6k living there, they couldn't stay in the outer east, is this going to be the start of more of this in country Vic
Unfortunately Trent I think so! IMO this is exactly what the AFL want, club's to fall out here & there until they have the number they want!

My reason for thinking this is because isn't it weird that with the amount of clubs that have gone into recess over the last 10yrs what have we heard about it? How many investigations or enquires have the AFL done?? ZERO that I've heard or seen? Why?? Because the only fault they would find is their own & hey that can't be made public?

Usually a very successful organisation (which the AFL is) would run certain process or procedure everytime they have a loss of production or failed business venture? Well that's what each & every metro & country grassroot club is to the AFL? It's what keeps their organisation running is it not? But why do we not see the results of any investigations or enquires because there is NONE! Why? Because at this stage the "Head Organisation" (AFL) see their business as to over populated & don't care if a few "fall away" here or there!

This is just my opinion, but surely if the AFL cared for the clubs, the towns & the people they'd be doing alot more to keep these communities alive & involved..... 🤷🏽‍♂

Nickedoff they had been playing in division 2 (AFLOE have premier, Div 1 and Div 2)
With clubs leaving they have just gone with 2 divisions, so the travel factor became even greater (Broadford to Berwick)
AFLOE let them down big time by promising a Northern division which never eventuated
That’s bullshit , Outer East did everything to support them and assist them find a new home .
With over 20 players opting to , or advising they were going to join KDFNL clubs , meant the club was as going to struggle for player numbers .

I see that KDLs head honcho now is Peter Cordy who has taken over from Kerrins Cords senior coached Undera a few year back as well as coaching quite a bit of junior footy Before that umpired a lot of footy in the GVFUA I know Pete really well and I believe he will be passionate and give it his best shot

Nice Draw Smooth 😀😀
Mate I personally don't know how you think it's a nice draw? We play everyone once just like you's & everyone else does? The 3 teams we play twice in 2024 we didn't beat in 2023 & the current draw also has us playing Murch twice both at Murch too I might add? 😬😳 So again feel free to tell me how you think our draw is any better then your's or anyone else's? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Haha I'm relaxed mate, was just curious as to how our draw isany easier or better then anyone else's? All good here boss..... 😉👍🏾

Haha I'm relaxed mate, was just curious as to how our draw isany easier or better then anyone else's? All good here boss..... 😉👍🏾

Maybe Look above and look at Swoops Assesment of What he Thinks :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gday fellas. Does anyone on here no the rulings on eligibility for junior footy. The yung fella was told he wasn’t fit enough for a GV club and don’t think he has any talent to play reserves footy just yet 👍🏻 he turns 20 next season so wondering if he could apply as double over-age.
An answer would be best. Thankyou bigfooty 👌🏻

Ran into Nagambie VP yesterday and he said on top of Dalton missing next year they have also lost this year’s best and fairest winner Tom Barnes recently breaking his leg in a skiing accident

Gday fellas. Does anyone on here no the rulings on eligibility for junior footy. The yung fella was told he wasn’t fit enough for a GV club and don’t think he has any talent to play reserves footy just yet 👍🏻 he turns 20 next season so wondering if he could apply as double over-age.
Bottom aged kids in the KDFNL would be 14 turning 15 next year . To fill thirds numbers some ( many ?) clubs may have kids even younger than that .
The prospect of 13-14 year old kids playing against a 20 year old man would be concerning for most I’d have thought .

26. OVERAGE PERMITTED PLAYERS
Note: this Bylaw relates to players who are competing in Junior Football (Under 14s or Under 18s). This Bylaw should be read in conjunction with the
AFL National Age Dispensation Policy.
Pursuant to Bylaw 26.1 and 26.3 above, a player shall only be permitted to compete in Junior Football as an overage permitted player under the following conditions:
(a)
Medical Grounds.
A player who wishes to apply for dispensation to play in a competition based on Medical Grounds, must seek permission from the League with a letter of support / recommendation by a Medical Practitioner and clearly identifying the medical grounds.
(b)
Player Retention Program
The player retention program is to assist clubs to retain players who may not be willing or able to continue to play football for various reasons. A club may make an application based on the player retention program on the following grounds:
i)
if the player wishes to compete in Under 18s Football, the player:
(1)
shall be under the age of 19 years of age as at 1 January of the current season;
(2)
has not played any open age football (i.e Senior or Reserve Football) with any club in any league in any season.
(3)
may play up to four (4) Reserve Football games for the Club during the current season;
(4)
must not have been reported and found guilty (or pleaded guilty) to any offence, in the current or previous two (2) seasons. If the player is found guilty in the current season, the permit shall be revoked immediately
(5)
the application is received by the League on or before 30 June of the current season.
(6)
shall not be permitted for play for another club on a match day permit. If the player compete for another club, the permit will be immediately revoked.
ii)
if the player wishes to complete in Under 14s Football, the player:
(1)
shall be under the age of 15 years of age as at 1 January of the current season;
(2)
has not played any Under 18s (or such applicable higher age bracket) with any club in any league in any season.
(3)
may play up to four (4) Under 18s Football games for the Club during the current season;
(4)
must not have been reported and found guilty (or pleaded guilty) to any offence, in the current or
previous two (2) seasons.
(5)
the application is received by the League on or before 30 June of the current season.
(6)
shall not be permitted for play for another club on a match day permit.
A maximum of four (4) players shall be permitted to compete in a lower grade of football for their age bracket.
If a player does not meet or breaches on of the above criteria as listed in By- law 26.1, then any permit (conditional or approved), shall deem the player ineligible and such permit (conditional or approved) shall be revoked immediately.
If a club utilises the overage permit in accordance with this Bylaw, the club will be able to have a maximum of 6 permitted players listed on their team at any one time. For the avoidance of doubt, if a club has two (2) overage permitted players then the club can have a maximum of four (4) seasonal or match day permits on the team sheet.
Upon receipt of the application, the League shall consider the application, having regard to all relevant matters pertaining to the playing, including but not limited to:
(a)
the player’s disability (if applicable);
(b)
player’s physical size or development considerations
(c)
the player’s football history
(d)
Any such matters as considered necessary by the League and/or guidelines as provided under the AFL National Age Dispensation Policy (or other such policy as may be)
The League shall make the following decisions regarding the application for an overage player:
(a)
provide a provisional / conditional permit, allowing the player the ability to play for a specific time period to enable a League Representative to assess the player’s ability and application in further detail; or
(b)
Approve the application without conditions; or
(c)
Refuse the application; or
(d)
request additional information from the player or club, to enable the League to consider the application more fully.
Any application for an Overage Permit shall be submitted no later than 10am Friday prior to the weekend’s match. Failing to provide prior to this request may see a delay in response from the League, the player will be deemed ineligible if competes in the weekend’s match and penalties enforced for playing an ineligible player.

Mate I personally don't know how you think it's a nice draw? We play everyone once just like you's & everyone else does? The 3 teams we play twice in 2024 we didn't beat in 2023 & the current draw also has us playing Murch twice both at Murch too I might add? 😬😳 So again feel free to tell me how you think our draw is any better then your's or anyone else's? 🤷🏽‍♂️
Don't have to worry about that now new draw just sent through with Amendments to Rnd 14 with Tally now playing VT @ VT

19 will be the maximum age. Find a club where he has friends or may enjoy playing and most will appreciate another number in the reserves. Maybe a club mid to bottom table that may have struggled for numbers recently, but that will be many clubs… even GV.

Come out to Rushworth... guaranteed to get game time every week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back