Kyabram DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

So the appeal process is that any appeal goes to a a group which is controlled / organised by the body who handed out the initial sanction .

They are handing out fines and year plus sanctions as if they don’t want people playing the game or volunteer ran and funded ‘ community ‘ clubs.

So the appeal process is that any appeal goes to a a group which is controlled / organised by the body who handed out the initial sanction .

They are handing out fines and year plus sanctions as if they don’t want people playing the game or volunteer ran and funded ‘ community ‘ clubs.
What’s this in regard to?

Spot on , similar happened elsewhere within the state and the club was given $500 fine not $8500 and no-one was suspended for two years .
From what I understand though he was originally given 12 months but decided to appeal & lost so therefor it was upgraded to 2 yrs?

The player they played was already serving a 10-15yr suspension for punching an umpire?

And with their coach from the 1st half of 2022 (before Big Red took over) it was their 2nd offence in 12 months & believe that's why the club was fined that highly?

Look I could be wrong but that's how I understand it went down?

Spot on , similar happened elsewhere within the state and the club was given $500 fine not $8500 and no-one was suspended for two years .
Got to say I was disappointed when I heard this.
Unfortunately it's not the first time the club has done it and been caught.
Even worse there were suggestions early in the year of taking the player in question back to the tribunal to see if he could get it shortened... with some saying it would be a strong possibility.
But agree 2yrs is a bit harsh.

From what I understand though he was originally given 12 months but decided to appeal & lost so therefor it was upgraded to 2 yrs?

The player they played was already serving a 10-15yr suspension for punching an umpire?

And with their coach from the 1st half of 2022 (before Big Red took over) it was their 2nd offence in 12 months & believe that's why the club was fined that highly?

Didn't punch an umpire Smooth. Made contact with an umpire. Get your facts right on that one.

Didn't punch an umpire Smooth. Made contact with an umpire. Get your facts right on that one.
Calm down Jayco! Firstly I said all the above is how I'm lead to believe it happened!

And secondly he was charged with punching an umpire and I can categorically confirm that so you can call it what you will mate I couldn't care less but that's a FACT! 15yrs for "making" contact? Let's be honest here mate! So maybe you need to re-check some facts! 👍🏾

Calm down Jayco! Firstly I said all the above is how I'm lead to believe it happened!

And secondly he was charged with punching an umpire and I can categorically confirm that so you can call it what you will mate I couldn't care less but that's a FACT! 15yrs for "making" contact? Let's be honest here mate! So maybe you need to re-check some facts! 👍🏾
I was there. He may have been charged with that but it's not what happened. Umpire was pushed/blocked when coming towards the player in an aggressive manner and went down like he was shot.

Last edited:

Was given two years initially , 12 months if he accepted early guilty plea .
In an even more bazaar circumstance the appeal was heard by the tribunal which sits under the control of the body who handed out the initial penalty .
By the sounds of what has been provided upon here the player was well known by the club as being suspended .
Ensuring a players availability, and any repercussion for any breach. should be solely upon the club .
Coaches job is to coach .

Was given two years initially , 12 months if he accepted early guilty plea .
In an even more bazaar circumstance the appeal was heard by the tribunal which sits under the control of the body who handed out the initial penalty .
By the sounds of what has been provided upon here the player was well known by the club as being suspended .
Ensuring a players availability, and any repercussion for any breach. should be solely upon the club .
Coaches job is to coach .
Oh dear. Sounds like club is in breach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would have some colorful memories playing against Broady wouldnt you Roota. Have a mate that played at Colbo back in the day tells of 1 day fearing for his life just getting off the ground, and another of being king hit by a woman as he left the ground.

I only played a few games against them to be honest but my first time at Broadford was interesting.

The team and myself had a pretty good first half. Came out after halftime and the members of a motorised cycling club had arrived…fair to say I copped an absolute barrage..some funny but some genuinely scary. Thankfully for me I knew the Broadford coach pretty well. He came straight to me after the final siren to ensure I was ok on my way off!!!

I actually almost went and played for the club at one point

I played my first game in Bendigo against broady, I reckon first time I touched the footy I was tackled and on the ground, I was given one in the moosh. I didn't go near the ball for the rest of the day. Full credit to broady boys though, they all came in for a drink after the game.

Pretty sad day for grassroots footy, broady is a growing town, must be close to 6k living there, they couldn't stay in the outer east, is this going to be the start of more of this in country Vic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back