Kyabram DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Not all sides are going to be competitive and being competitive shouldn’t be a reason for them being allowed to not field a senior side . I’m sure there are multiple sides across the KDFL that know they aren’t going to be competitive in a particular grade of football or netball .

Setting the precedent of not fielding a side if not competitive is a bad one to set .
Someone has to be in the bottom of the ladder .

If they start winning reserve games against sides who have bust their arse to field both sides why shouldn’t the opponents be aggrieved ?
That might be how the PDNFL execs look at it, but the KD looks to have the foresight to allow Rushy a season of regrouping and trying to get enough numbers to field just one side. And then, hopefully, can recommit to a senior team in 2024.
Have a look at our results over the last few years, and how many times we've had to have players double up (and not just one or two either), or getting in trouble for playing ineligible players because we just didnt have the numbers. As I said previously it's not like either the seniors or reserves have been banging on the doors of finals. Been bottom 2 or 3 for years.
This was the only option for the club otherwise we would have folded.... is that what you want??

That might be how the PDNFL execs look at it, but the KD looks to have the foresight to allow Rushy a season of regrouping and trying to get enough numbers to field just one side. And then, hopefully, can recommit to a senior team in 2024.
Have a look at our results over the last few years, and how many times we've had to have players double up (and not just one or two either), or getting in trouble for playing ineligible players because we just didnt have the numbers. As I said previously it's not like either the seniors or reserves have been banging on the doors of finals. Been bottom 2 or 3 for years.
This was the only option for the club otherwise we would have folded.... is that what you want??

Wasn’t there a PDFNL side this year that didn’t field a senior football team?

Wasn’t there a PDFNL side this year that didn’t field a senior football team?
Correct and without rejecting it first and then needing the club to reapply so Jayco’s little attempt to s**t stir is again mis-led.
The club was Yarroweyah who had improved junior number in all grades in recent years and are now looking to field a senior side this season .
The results from their games last year would give indication they didn’t ‘load up ‘ their reserves and if they did I think you’d find they then would have been playing seniors.
Fully support clubs being able to re-load but if they starting taking the piss then it should be instantly addressed .

Correct and without rejecting it first and then needing the club to reapply so Jayco’s little attempt to s**t stir is again mis-led.
The club was Yarroweyah who had improved junior number in all grades in recent years and are now looking to field a senior side this season .
The results from their games last year would give indication they didn’t ‘load up ‘ their reserves and if they did I think you’d find they then would have been playing seniors.
Fully support clubs being able to re-load but if they starting taking the piss then it should be instantly addressed .

I don’t think it’s fair to assume that Rushy are loading up. Like i said previously if blokes are joining them for this year and beyond that can only be a good thing

I don’t think it’s fair to assume that Rushy are loading up. Like i said previously if blokes are joining them for this year and beyond that can only be a good thing
Exactly, one bloke has come on here and said it... and I'm still waiting for a reply as to who these players are.

Exactly, one bloke has come on here and said it... and I'm still waiting for a reply as to who these players are.
FFS some posters love to make negative comment from a positive outcome for a club on the ropes! 'Loading up' is obviously vitriolic crap from some clown with an agenda.

The first step for Rushworth is consistently fielding one senior side. As you have said Jayco both senior teams have been near the bottom for years.

I honestly doubt there will be senior gun footballers flocking to play two's at Rushworth in 2023. Hopefully a few disenfranchised blokes from the surrounding district might choose to take up the game again with the promise of limited training, a guaranteed game, and some beer and camaraderie being involved in team sport!

If Rushworth are competitive in the Reserves then all the better! Go the Tigers!

FFS some posters love to make negative comment from a positive outcome for a club on the ropes! 'Loading up' is obviously vitriolic crap from some clown with an agenda.

The first step for Rushworth is consistently fielding one senior side. As you have said Jayco both senior teams have been near the bottom for years.

I honestly doubt there will be senior gun footballers flocking to play two's at Rushworth in 2023. Hopefully a few disenfranchised blokes from the surrounding district might choose to take up the game again with the promise of limited training, a guaranteed game, and some beer and camaraderie being involved in team sport!

If Rushworth are competitive in the Reserves then all the better! Go the Tigers!
Just the one fly in fly out from the Gold Coast silver 🤣🤣

Never had a go at them personally was just told they were getting a few old heads back to the club. Good luck to them if they happen to field a competitive side and have a side run out week in week out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comments were solely based on Bendigo bombers comments that they were loading up.
There were plenty who were extremely critical of PDFNL allowing Yarroweyah to not field seniors last season and concerns about them ‘ loading up ‘ .
Some may not be aware but they also allowed two sides to not field A grade netball.
Although far from being proven to have been successful things do look positive for all 3 sides .
‘ IF ‘ done with the right intent from all including their opposition and the sole focus from club and the league is upon fielding sides next year and beyond it can positive .
But that comes at putting ‘WINS ‘ as one of , if not the lowest priority .
Rushworth being required to regularly provide a written update to the league on their progress toward having a senior side for 2024 , may be an idea .

I do recall old mate you did have a testy relationship with a former eagles coach, but it certainly happens more often, where a clearance goes straight in, instead of just playing the year out

I did but I did stay at the club and worked my arse off to get into the senior team despite offers to go elsewhere.

I finished the year out in the 2’s when our relationship completely broke down but I played for my club, for my old man and my family

Drove past longwood on my way to work
Huge numbers on the track
Also someone told me they have a practice match against avenel, is this true?

Drove past longwood on my way to work
Huge numbers on the track
Also someone told me they have a practice match against avenel, is this true?

Yeah I believe it’s on the 16th of feb. Will be interesting to see how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Besides Avenel v Longwood this week.
Who has practice matches booked in and who against?

I believe Nagambie have a date booked in with Broadford

Besides Avenel v Longwood this week.
Who has practice matches booked in and who against?

I believe Nagambie have a date booked in with Broadford
Bullants vs. Swans is an interesting one for me. Hope the young Bullants take it up to them 👌🏻.
Keeping an eye on the young fella who trained with Tasmania state league.

Girgarre vs Wonthaggi is also my mail 👌🏻

Remove this Banner Ad

Back