Kyabram DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh mellington and layne baker were on the track tonight
gig are looking on the up Breeza has the boys flying in Jan
My 12pm soliders out at the mainland are flying also. In other breaking news, I have put my hand up for canteen manager, already implementing “the one for you, one for me policy” on all products sold

Believe there is quite alot of angst following a recent meeting of clubs .
Clubs told the leagues fees payable to admin centre has risen by approximately 28% whilst umpire fees were also rising by 10 % .
Given these increases are worn by the clubs perhaps they should have been notified and involved in such decisions .
Additionally, u14’s has gone to u15’s , without a change of bylaws , whilst clubs were told minutes before voting that a minimum age of 13 would be set and girls couldn’t play , meaning many kids who played u14’s last season , can’t play this year .
Given KDL’s battle with junior teams and 4 clubs seemingly voting in favour of leaving for u14’s and u17’s in the past off season , it seems strange to make things harder for clubs to field sides.

Believe there is quite alot of angst following a recent meeting of clubs .
Clubs told the leagues fees payable to admin centre has risen by approximately 28% whilst umpire fees were also rising by 10 % .
Given these increases are worn by the clubs perhaps they should have been notified and involved in such decisions .
Additionally, u14’s has gone to u15’s , without a change of bylaws , whilst clubs were told minutes before voting that a minimum age of 13 would be set and girls couldn’t play , meaning many kids who played u14’s last season , can’t play this year .
Given KDL’s battle with junior teams and 4 clubs seemingly voting in favour of leaving for u14’s and u17’s in the past off season , it seems strange to make things harder for clubs to field sides.
Yep VT have 10 of their 21 players from last Season now too young. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it. One year you can play in a fully fledged comp the next oh no sorry you have to find somewhere else

Yep VT have 10 of their 21 players from last Season now too young. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it. One year you can play in a fully fledged comp the next oh no sorry you have to find somewhere else
It’s funny how salary caps were bought in to ‘ lower the costs for clubs ‘ yet we have a league incur additional $35k which they find out about in late January .
It’s almost as humorous that multiple people from the region gave up there time, the only time that’s it’s occurred in the 12 years commission have been in play , and come up with a junior solution which has never been implemented and everything continues to be done outside of that .iirc all the whilst the implementation of that plan was readily distributed as a key of the regional strategic plan .
It seems very strange that the four leagues within the region wish to solidify their junior comps to enable sufficient open age players yet it is well known others are hell bent on wanting to dismantle those leagues junior pathways .
Doing what’s best for the region or trying to simplify talent pathways ?

Last edited:
Will we see some kdfl clubs in the picola in 2025 roar ?
I would hope all KDFL clubs remain together and can arrest some ownership of ‘ THEIR ‘ league to ensure it best serves it’s member clubs not what someone who is building the resume .

What was their main reason for moving the competition to u/15s?
What age groups are the GM junior comp running with this season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL insurer MARSH only want max 3 year age gaps and clubs wanted 18s not 17s
Having dealt with insurance within the sporting space for a number of years including most recently I’d highly doubt that to be the case . Not doubting however that is what clubs were told .

Having dealt with insurance within the sporting space for a number of years including most recently I’d highly doubt that to be the case . Not doubting however that is what clubs were told .
Insurance isn't worth it anyway, I've seen multiple serious injuries to close mates and Insurance barely helps them at all. Biggest blight and fraud out there.
Hence why you see most clubs fund raise for the more serious injuries.

Clubs aren’t coming back. We have serious player shortages and retention is a major issue.

Generating a post and being active on socials is not enough.
as far as i’m aware they have been having meetings with AFL GM & will be returning to KDL league meetings? maybe just a rumour unsure

How’s the facility’s going at Ardmona football ground going these days 😳
not to sure on this but there car show next weekend so will be good to have a bit of a look, apparently looking for a concreter and a plasterer on facebook so here’s hoping they have some works in place to improve- maybe the new president has some funds behind them as apparently they are in a lot of debt

not to sure on this but there car show next weekend so will be good to have a bit of a look, apparently looking for a concreter and a plasterer on facebook so here’s hoping they have some works in place to improve- maybe the new president has some funds behind them as apparently they are in a lot of debt
If I was in charge of resurrecting Ardmona in any shape or form, I’d be working to create an alignment with Mooroopna and come back at the Mooroopna Cats in the KDL.

Similar to the model that Geelong West Giants have, where they compete across two leagues, one major (GFL) and one minor (GDFL).

Playing and training in Mooroopna.

If I was in charge of resurrecting Ardmona in any shape or form, I’d be working to create an alignment with Mooroopna and come back at the Mooroopna Cats in the KDL.

Similar to the model that Geelong West Giants have, where they compete across two leagues, one major (GFL) and one minor (GDFL).

Playing and training in Mooroopna.
First I’ve heard of this concept, could definitely see some of larger clubs pursuing this idea for smaller struggling clubs on the outskirts of major towns who need a lifeline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back