Kyabram DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was in charge of resurrecting Ardmona in any shape or form, I’d be working to create an alignment with Mooroopna and come back at the Mooroopna Cats in the KDL.

Similar to the model that Geelong West Giants have, where they compete across two leagues, one major (GFL) and one minor (GDFL).

Playing and training in Mooroopna.
Does the Geelong West model basically have 4 senior teams then? Running seniors / reserves in both comps? Or does their major league team is their senior club (no reserves) and minor league team their 2nds (with no reserves in that league either?

Does the Geelong West model basically have 4 senior teams then? Running seniors / reserves in both comps? Or does their major league team is their senior club (no reserves) and minor league team their 2nds (with no reserves in that league either?
4 senior sides + a womens side + an all abilities side + however many junior teams

4 senior sides + a womens side + an all abilities side + however many junior teams
Thanks for the information…..big numbers on the training track then vying for a game!
I don’t mind the concept and the thought of larger major league clubs doing the same in future years to ‘save’ some of these battling clubs would be appealing

Thanks for the information…..big numbers on the training track then vying for a game!
I don’t mind the concept and the thought of larger major league clubs doing the same in future years to ‘save’ some of these battling clubs would be appealing
It wouldn’t be the majors just doing it to save a minor league club.

It would need to provide a benefit to the major club. Perhaps it provides better pathways for the community at large and allows for better fundraising opportunities.

Just an idea, but one that I don’t think would actually occur in this circumstance.

If I was in charge of resurrecting Ardmona in any shape or form, I’d be working to create an alignment with Mooroopna and come back at the Mooroopna Cats in the KDL.

Similar to the model that Geelong West Giants have, where they compete across two leagues, one major (GFL) and one minor (GDFL).

Playing and training in Mooroopna.
Good luck to the bush cats on their dream to once again become a part of the KDL,what has it been 3 years since the club closed their doors it would be unbelievable if they could restart the club again
PS Hey mate great to see you keeping in contact on the goings on in the KDl from your luxury town house in Dubai 😂👍🏻

Good luck to the bush cats on their dream to once again become a part of the KDL,what has it been 3 years since the club closed their doors it would be unbelievable if they could restart the club again
PS Hey mate great to see you keeping in contact on the goings on in the KDl from your luxury town house in Dubai 😂👍🏻

Thanks mate, country footy has been a huge part of my life and I’ll keep following while I am away! 🐪

In other news, I’m still looking for a Sheikh to bank roll the Hoppers Clubrooms! 😂

Thanks mate, country footy has been a huge part of my life and I’ll keep following while I am away! 🐪

In other news, I’m still looking for a Sheikh to bank roll the Hoppers Clubrooms! 😂
You could have a chat to my boss, problem is he’s the BIG boss over there.

Murchison seem like the team to beat this year plenty of decent recruits they’d be $1.50 for the flag I’d say
It has been a slow build to connect the community!

The plan has been to have people in our catchment choose to play for the club and then recruit through the connections of existing players.

You’d be hard pressed to find any time where Murchison has qualified for 5 successive finals series ever. To my knowledge I don’t think it has occurred.

The pleasing thing for me has been the retention rate that we’ve been able to achieve, which was evident in the Reserves this year with about a dozen of the 2013 senior flag still running about.

Here’s hoping that the hunger remains for long enough in our current group until our large group of underage players mature and take their place in the Seniors.

Well let’s use the mooroopna/ardmona as an example, and say 2 seniors side and 2 reserve sides plus netball, with games every week at home for either side, got the gate takings, bar and food.
More membership, bigger club functions and sponsorship.
I mean sounds great on paper but would need twice the work and twice the volunteers

Well let’s use the mooroopna/ardmona as an example, and say 2 seniors side and 2 reserve sides plus netball, with games every week at home for either side, got the gate takings, bar and food.
More membership, bigger club functions and sponsorship.
I mean sounds great on paper but would need twice the work and twice the volunteers

Correct. It would have challenges.

When posting, I didn’t say it was perfect or that it would work. My post was in reference to the only way I can see the Bushcats return to the KDL in the present climate.

Perhaps a dual club could have its executive panel run as semi professional and be paid for their roles. The canteen and bar runs each week for most of the season and is therefore a source of employment.

The funding from council would be more forthcoming too with extra users being big on their agenda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct. It would have challenges.

When posting, I didn’t say it was perfect or that it would work. My post was in reference to the only way I can see the Bushcats return to the KDL in the present climate.

Perhaps a dual club could have its executive panel run as semi professional and be paid for their roles. The canteen and bar runs each week for most of the season and is therefore a source of employment.

The funding from council would be more forthcoming too with extra users being big on their agenda.
Yeah absolutely agree mate. Hard enough to get some footballers to do a canteen shift for an hour! With the right people in place it can definitely be achieved in our area! Who do I see about setting up a coffee stand 🤣🤑

Insurance isn't worth it anyway, I've seen multiple serious injuries to close mates and Insurance barely helps them at all. Biggest blight and fraud out there.
Hence why you see most clubs fund raise for the more serious injuries.

When you say serious injury, do you mean permanent disability, insurance through league only covers death or permanent injury, anything else is on the clubs

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

When you say serious injury, do you mean permanent disability, insurance through league only covers death or permanent injury, anything else is on the clubs

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Perhaps we need to communicate that better.

Clubs can opt to increase their coverage so that your standard ACL will get some funds back. I’d suggest that more clubs look at doing this as usually you’d have a player per year needing this assistance.

Perhaps we need to communicate that better.

Clubs can opt to increase their coverage so that your standard ACL will get some funds back. I’d suggest that more clubs look at doing this as usually you’d have a player per year needing this assistance.
Geez I wish I had that one a few times!
There is an option for income protection insurance, covers for 80% of wage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back