Dec 27, 2008
On the bench
AFL Club
Collingwood
I see in todays shepp news that merrigum have just signed
Matt Finn (Ky)
Brett Scarcella (Numurkah)
Brodie Vick (Ky I think)
three very handy players will it make much of a difference to merrigum or do they need a few more players.

Merrigum have also signed Bryce Wellington from Numurkah, brother of Linc, he'll be a big target up forward. Heard there is more to come. Depth pretty good this year too. They started training on Tuesday night, had about 40 on the track.

Rookie Draft

Draftee
Dec 8, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Can anyone at either Violet Town or Nagamabie she any light on a rumour about Jimmy Bodycoat crossing to to Nagambie? I've heard a few whispers, but nothing concrete.

qwerty

Senior List
Aug 2, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Can anyone at either Violet Town or Nagamabie she any light on a rumour about Jimmy Bodycoat crossing to to Nagambie? I've heard a few whispers, but nothing concrete.

Not sure, some people from Nagambie talked to him late last year but the feedback that I got was that he was playing at VT. He has played all his footy life at the club and it would be hard to see him making the move.

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
Matt Finn (Ky)
Brodie Vick (Ky I think)
three very handy players will it make much of a difference to merrigum or do they need a few more players.

Think they will have to be thereabouts, maybe even vying for a finals berth. Finn and Scarcella will be as good as most onballers in the league, Wellington will be the 2nd best key forward in the comp behind James. Connally will be as good as any key back. Haven't seen Brodie Vick play. Have they recruited anyone else? If Joffa's brother plays he will do some damage to some players from a back pocket.
No idea what they already have but with the players they have recruited its certainly a start to build a side around.

LANCASTRALIA

Debutant
Jan 9, 2009
Kyabram
Good afternoon everyone. First time on big footy for me!

Any one wanna have an early crack at predictions for the upcoming season?

Here's a template:

Premiers:
Runners up:
League Medal:
Goal kicking:
Wooden Spoon:
Rising star:
Headline we'll see:
Headline we'd like to see:
Same old, same old:
Biggest disappointment:

Happy posting...

giveitawash

Team Captain
Jan 4, 2007
shepparton
AFL Club
Collingwood
Here,s a stab at the year in the kdl
Premier) Undera
runner up) stanhope
leauge medal) paul burnett
goal kicking) adrian meka
wooden spoon) violet town
rising star) some young bloke
headline we,l see) aaron james deregistared again
headline we,d like to see) aaron james eats perry meka at 3qr time stoush
same old same old) rushworths weeds for a ground
biggest disapointment) not seeing james eat meka

Medhurst#7

Debutant
Dec 27, 2008
On the bench
AFL Club
Collingwood
Think they will have to be thereabouts, maybe even vying for a finals berth. Finn and Scarcella will be as good as most onballers in the league, Wellington will be the 2nd best key forward in the comp behind James. Connally will be as good as any key back. Haven't seen Brodie Vick play. Have they recruited anyone else? If Joffa's brother plays he will do some damage to some players from a back pocket.
No idea what they already have but with the players they have recruited its certainly a start to build a side around.
pritty sure that joffa brother, Ian is going to play!

Medhurst#7

Debutant
Dec 27, 2008
On the bench
AFL Club
Collingwood
Here,s a stab at the year in the kdl
Premier) Undera
runner up) stanhope
leauge medal) paul burnett
goal kicking) adrian meka
wooden spoon) violet town
rising star) some young bloke
headline we,l see) aaron james deregistared again
headline we,d like to see) aaron james eats perry meka at 3qr time stoush
same old same old) rushworths weeds for a ground
biggest disapointment) not seeing james eat meka
lol sounds good to me. 1 change though, leading goal kicker, Brice Wellington!

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
Premiers: Stanhope
Runners up: Nagambie
League Medal: Brett Scarcella/The Skut
Goal kicking: Aaron James/Adrian Meka if either are playing in the KDL
if neither play Bryce Wellington.
Wooden Spoon: Girgarre
Rising star: Alex O'Rielly
Headline we'll see: Ardmona v Murch = Bloodbath
Headline we'd like to see: Pappin tearing comp apart after losing 15kg!!
Same old, same old: Bolter Boyle can't change Ardmona's ways!!
Biggest disappointment: Lancaster, finish top 3 only to not make GF again.

fencesitter

Debutant
Oct 26, 2007
Shepparton
AFL Club
Carlton
Premiers: Stanhope
Runners up: Nagambie
League Medal: Brett Scarcella/The Skut
Goal kicking: Aaron James/Adrian Meka if either are playing in the KDL
if neither play Bryce Wellington.
Wooden Spoon: Girgarre
Rising star: Alex O'Rielly
Headline we'll see: Ardmona v Murch = Bloodbath
Headline we'd like to see: Pappin tearing comp apart after losing 15kg!!
Same old, same old: Bolter Boyle can't change Ardmona's ways!!
Biggest disappointment: Lancaster, finish top 3 only to not make GF again.
Straight back to where you left off aye F@#khead?
What's with the bloodbath?

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
Straight back to where you left off aye F@#khead?
What's with the bloodbath?

Thought that would be fairly self explanatory my friend, a few at Murch have also played at Ardmona so would expect their to be a fair bit of tension in the game. Also most of the blokes that have switched clubs don't mind playing it hard which gives more weight to something maybe happening when the two clubs meet.
Don't see too much wrong with that comment, thought if anyone was going to whinge about something said in that post it would be the Lancy comment which is probably a bit harsh. As you may have noticed some of it is more tongue in cheek than anything else.

akka dakka

Senior List
Feb 20, 2006
Indooroopilly
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Matt Finn (Ky)
Brodie Vick (Ky I think)

Merrigum have also signed Bryce Wellington from Numurkah, brother of Linc, he'll be a big target up forward. Heard there is more to come. Depth pretty good this year too. They started training on Tuesday night, had about 40 on the track.

Have also heard they may have a chance of getting a former kdl coach who would still be a very good player and a relation of his who has been a key forward in the kdl in the past.
If all these reports are true they seem to have corrected alot of the areas they have been lacking in over the years (on paper at least). Their depth will improve with all these recruits and players like the Kilmartins and Sullivans etc will have a bigger impact with better players around them. Fitness is the only other area but with more depth the load will be shared more and I'm sure Joffa will have that under control. If anything it has created a buzz around the town and the numbers at training are promising

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Full Boost

Rookie
Feb 17, 2008
A place better than here
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Premiers: Stanhope, Didn't drop a game last year and big james only played half a season will be too good again:(
Runners up: Undera. The peoples champs
League Medal: Spiro Vogarlis (UND)
Goal kicking: A. James (STA)
Wooden Spoon: Rushworth (Chumps)
Rising star: prob some nagambie kid
Headline we'll see: Aaron James gets knocked out after running his mouth again:thumbsu:
Headline we'd like to see: as above
Same old, same old: stanhope win again
Biggest disappointment: merrigum recruit well but still no good

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thought that would be fairly self explanatory my friend, a few at Murch have also played at Ardmona so would expect their to be a fair bit of tension in the game. Also most of the blokes that have switched clubs don't mind playing it hard which gives more weight to something maybe happening when the two clubs meet.
Don't see too much wrong with that comment, thought if anyone was going to whinge about something said in that post it would be the Lancy comment which is probably a bit harsh. As you may have noticed some of it is more tongue in cheek than anything else.
just did a check on the lancy comment hank and you werent far off the mark. won it in 2001 and since then they have been 2nd 3 times and 3rd twice. think they played finals before 2001 as well, so predicting them third for 09would be pretty accurate. might have stanhope, undera, nagambie maybe ardmona in front of them at this satge. in whatever order, thats my top 5 picked.

fortyfour

Debutant
Jul 10, 2008
ur pants
AFL Club
Geelong
Good afternoon everyone. First time on big footy for me!

Any one wanna have an early crack at predictions for the upcoming season?

Here's a template:

Premiers:
Runners up:
League Medal:
Goal kicking:
Wooden Spoon:
Rising star:
Headline we'll see:
Headline we'd like to see:
Same old, same old:
Biggest disappointment:

Happy posting...
Premiers:STANHOPE
Runners up:gigery

League Medal:scott marshle
Goal kicking:scott marshle
Wooden Spoon:scott marshles only cutlery
Rising star:tracy marshle
Headline we'll see:marshle carved up again
Headline we'd like to see:marshle got one
Same old, same old: scottys smile
Biggest disappointment:scotty loseing his job :thumbsu:

Tradward

Debutant
Mar 1, 2008
Shepparton
AFL Club
St Kilda

i think bloodbath is a bit wrong, so what if a couple of cats have made a move to murch. hardly worth mentioning and starting sh!t about i say. i'm sure some hoppers have moved to ardy over the years, stiff sh!t, thats local footy.

Lane Dog

Debutant
Oct 31, 2008
Mallee
AFL Club
Geelong
Premiers: Stanhope, Didn't drop a game last year and big james only played half a season will be too good again:(
Runners up: Undera. The peoples champs
League Medal: Spiro Vogarlis (UND)
Goal kicking: A. James (STA)
Wooden Spoon: Rushworth (Chumps)
Rising star: prob some nagambie kid
Headline we'll see: Aaron James gets knocked out after running his mouth again:thumbsu:
Headline we'd like to see: as above
Same old, same old: stanhope win again
Biggest disappointment: merrigum recruit well but still no good
ill have a go at a ladder, big call only being jan, but ill give it a shot
Stanhope, finished top last 4 years, why change
undera, been building, due for extra step
nagambie, will improve again with few more players
ardmona, played in last 3 grand finals so cant see them droping too far
lancaster, usually play finals but wont replace retirements with enough quality players
girgarre, hanson should bring some players with him
merrigum, improve, but not enough for finals
tally, drop away after losing a few
murch, will slightly improve on last year
avenel
rushy
vt

bigrun

Draftee
Dec 15, 2006
oldmates house
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
city cats
i think bloodbath is a bit wrong, so what if a couple of cats have made a move to murch. hardly worth mentioning and starting sh!t about i say. i'm sure some hoppers have moved to ardy over the years, stiff sh!t, thats local footy.
Well said Tradward,thats exactly what there trying to do and create trouble.Ardmona to start training on Janruary 20

Medhurst#7

Debutant
Dec 27, 2008
On the bench
AFL Club
Collingwood
ill have a go at a ladder, big call only being jan, but ill give it a shot
Stanhope, finished top last 4 years, why change
undera, been building, due for extra step
nagambie, will improve again with few more players
ardmona, played in last 3 grand finals so cant see them droping too far
lancaster, usually play finals but wont replace retirements with enough quality players
girgarre, hanson should bring some players with him
merrigum, improve, but not enough for finals
tally, drop away after losing a few
murch, will slightly improve on last year
avenel
rushy
vt
2009 ladder prediction,
Stanhope
Nagambie
Lanky
Undera
Ardmona
Merrigum
Murch
Avenel
Gig
Tally
Rushy
Vt

cosby

All Australian
Oct 3, 2005
the Ponds
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Really hank??

I'm yet to see the big Ranga play, but he'd want to have to some serious white-line fever. Because he's a lazy bastard at work.

cosby

All Australian
Oct 3, 2005
the Ponds
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
I think I was only 1 of maybe 2 or 3 guys left at the club in 2008 who played in all those losing GF's. Thomo and Faz missed one each.

After 2004 we were literally a new team with alot of younger faces.

hank1

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2004
Stanhope
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tongala
Really hank??

I'm yet to see the big Ranga play, but he'd want to have to some serious white-line fever. Because he's a lazy bastard at work.

Don't worry Cosby, he can be just as lazy on the field too, if he pulls his finger out would expect him to kick 80+ goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back