Kyle Chalmers a Cat?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle Chalmers just happens to be a “footballer who is a swimmer”, and the gold medal hero from the 2016 Rio Olympics still hasn’t ruled out a move to the AFL, with a couple clubs lying in wait.

This will probably be his last Olympics and Geelong has already reached out to him.

What do we think of the possibility of Chalmers wearing the blue and white hoops? A natural extension of the Blicavs experiment, and we know it works

I think there's another team who may be in with a better chance of signing him should he wish to make the change to AFL

As I see it Power lured local boy, Travis Boak. We can lure Chalmers. I’m sure life on the Surf Coast would appeal to him

As I see it Power lured local boy, Travis Boak. We can lure Chalmers. I’m sure life on the Surf Coast would appeal to him
He's a bit more then a local boy - his dad played for them and he's currently an official ambassador for them

So he's got pretty strong connections to them already

If we're interested we'll try, and no doubt Wells & Co would be hopefully of him signing if they are genuinely interested. But if he does make a move to football, than I'd be thinking Port are in the box seat to secure him

Given the family allegiances, I can't see him ever being a Cat. But, based on what we saw from him again in Tokyo, you know he would give absolutely everything to try and make a footy career work if he ever gave it a go.

That was an incredible swim from him in the 100 metres final. And the class afterwards to acknowledge Dressel and show so much humility in the face of what must have been crushing disappointment was a brilliant testimony to his character.

Clearly both a very good sportsman and a genuinely quality person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

194cm and has the elite kind of discipline to be the best free style sprinter in the world? Played school footy for Immanuel college and went well apparently. No brainer. Would love to see him at centre half back

Can you imagine BT, every time Chalmers gets the ball his Olympic record will be trotted out over and over and over and over...

It only took about 5 years to stop him from saying Blicav's was a steeplechaser every time he touched the ball.

Can you imagine BT, every time Chalmers gets the ball his Olympic record will be trotted out over and over and over and over...

It only took about 5 years to stop him from saying Blicav's was a steeplechaser every time he touched the ball.
But did he ever play basketball?

Apparently pendlebury did. Not many people know that though 🙄

Not sure if it was Fox Footy or one of the other ones, but in the last week or so one of them actually named their AFL players all star basketball team

This seems a pretty solid answer from Kyle - swimming is his future, not AFL

He said the experience in Tokyo has ultimately re-ignited his passion for swimming after an injury-hit build up to the rescheduled Games.

“There’s definitely interest in me playing football but it would be country football,” he said on Sportsday.

"I did meet with Geelong and Port Adelaide last year and have had those conversations about being a Category B rookie but I’m at the top of my game in swimming at the moment and I want to continue doing that.

"This Tokyo experience has made me hungrier as ever to get back there, I’m going to commit myself to swimming for the next three years.

"I’m still so young still and will be 26 in Paris (for the next Olympics) which is that prime time for swimming. Why not give it all I’ve got while I can and make the most of it?"

As well as his individual silver medal in Tokyo, Chalmers was part of Australia’s 4x100 and 4x200 freestyle relay teams which both picked up a bronze medal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back