Kyle Hartigan - How many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

You are allowed to shepherd a players opponent so they can make a lead. It happens all game.

Do you even know footy?
Obviously a lot more than you do.

You do know that you can’t shepherd or block off the contest? In fact you can’t block regardless of it being in the contest.

Someone that obviously has no clue to the rules of the game, asking someone else if they know the game? LOL!

Obviously a lot more than you do.

You do know that you can’t shepherd or block off the contest? In fact you can’t block regardless of it being in the contest.

Someone that obviously has no clue to the rules of the game, asking someone else if they know the game? LOL!
If it was prohibited then why does every forward line in the competition do it right in front of the umpire every week with no frees paid?

Please explain.

You seem to think by blocking that Walsh genuinely has to go and hold Hartigan. Which is not what forward blocking is and what the umpires allow.

If it was prohibited then why does every forward line in the competition do it right in front of the umpire every week with no frees paid?

Please explain.

You seem to think by blocking that Walsh genuinely has to go and hold Hartigan. Which is not what forward blocking is and what the umpires allow.
You can’t block off the ball. It’s simple.

A block off the contest is a free kick.

Im not sure what part of you can’t understand what is a clear rule?

Just because the umpires are too stupid not to pay it, doesn’t mean you can intentionally block a player from the contest.

You can shepherd in the contest, but the ball is miles away in this instance, so if his intention is to block for McKay then it should’ve paid against him.

You can’t block off the ball. It’s simple.

A block off the contest is a free kick.

Im not sure what part of you can’t understand what is a clear rule?

Just because the umpires are too stupid not to pay it, doesn’t mean you can intentionally block a player from the contest.

You can shepherd in the contest, but the ball is miles away in this instance, so if his intention is to block for McKay then it should’ve paid against him.
Players block by getting in the way. It happens and the umpires accept it.

It’s beside the point anyway. If someone gets in your way it’s okay to whack them in the head is it?

I always love threads like this. For some reason there’s always posters like you arguing that someone doing something to annoy you slightly on the field is enough to justify cheap shots.

Players block by getting in the way. It happens and the umpires accept it.

It’s beside the point anyway. If someone gets in your way it’s okay to whack them in the head is it?

I always love threads like this. For some reason there’s always posters like you arguing that someone doing something to annoy you slightly on the field is enough to justify cheap shots.
I never said it was, read my original post.

My point was, why even put yourself in that situation?

A block may be illegal so Hartigan needed to wear it and hoped the umpire saw it and paid a free kick. By elbowing Walsh he pretty much ruled out that option if the ump was looking.

What stage of game was this?

Makes sense now why Walsh was very quiet late in the game. 😒
Did you not watch the end of that short clip and hear the siren and all the Blues fans start cheering? :rolleyes:

It happened with 23 seconds to go in the last quarter.

You'll have to find another excuse why Walsh was quietened after his amazing first quarter.

Clue:
Clarkson sent a hard tag onto him (Daniel Howe)

Carlton fans... :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back