News Kyle Hartigan to join Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Club has also confirmed Hartigan will leave

"The Club can also confirm defender Kyle Hartigan has decided to pursue his rights as an unrestricted free agent and is leaving to return home to Victoria."

“Kyle is a quality individual who has consistently given his all both on and off the field during his eight seasons with the Club,” Kelly said.

“He has worked tirelessly with the Adelaide Crows Foundation and will always be a part of the Crows family.

“We wish Kyle, Emily and Hazel all the very best for their move to Victoria.”

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
3 Free agents in a single year, is that an AFL record assuming Hartigan actually gets someone to take him?

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights

The Club can also confirm defender Kyle Hartiganhas decided to pursue his rights as an unrestricted free agent and is leaving to return home to Victoria.

Hartigan has played 113 AFL games after being selected by the Crows as a mature-age player in the 2012 rookie draft.

“Kyle is a quality individual who has consistently given his all both on and off the field during his eight seasons with the Club,” Kelly said.

“He has worked tirelessly with the Adelaide Crows Foundation and will always be a part of the Crows family.

“We wish Kyle, Emily and Hazel all the very best for their move to Victoria.”

Best of luck Kyle, served us well as a 2nd KPD for a few years

Gave us pretty good service for a rookie pick, despite being maligned.

This is for the best though, as the queue of defenders behind him is getting longer.

morris086

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Club has also confirmed Hartigan will leave

iT's AnOtHeR eXoDus!

Good luck to Hartigan, we picked him up as a rookie and he has been more than serviceable. Not nearly as bad as some on here seem to think he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
GWS says hello.
"The Club can also confirm defender Kyle Hartigan has decided to pursue his rights as an unrestricted free agent and is leaving to return home to Victoria."

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Gave us pretty good service for a rookie pick, despite being maligned.

This is for the best though, as the queue of defenders behind him is getting longer.

I agree with all that. He has done his job well.

I think again this is a win / win even without compensation. I doubt we could offer more than a year. I am sure next season there will be times where we could of done with the backup but I think it is time to move on.

The Texan

Senior List
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
How does this affect our free agent compensation? Is it still the net loss of free agents that influences the compensation or is each free agent separate?
Surely gets pick 2 over the line

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back