Toast Kyle Hartigan

Remove this Banner Ad

we Hartigan backers were few and far between last year.

I'm certainly not always right but he's progressing just as I had hoped. Not as canny as Talia but too big, too strong and too fast to be counted out, I think most teams would find space for him as a second defender now he's found confidence in himself.

only disappointing thing is I can't call him a 10 gamer any more.

Been excellent. I always thought he was a good stopper, just needed to tidy up his disposals/decision making which would come with experience. And it has.

He's been pretty darn close to our best defender this year. Kudos to him.

Pretty disappointed with the lack of capital letter for Kyle* :p

Has been a rock in defence so far this year and I'm actually starting to feel comfortable when he gathers the ball. Someone mentioned that Hartigan has passed Talia as our best defender and that comment could be getting pretty close to the mark.

Been excellent. I always thought he was a good stopper, just needed to tidy up his disposals/decision making which would come with experience. And it has.

He's been pretty darn close to our best defender this year.
Kudos to him.

I don't disagree with you but that's a pretty big accolade seeing as Talia has been close to the best defender in the comp this year.

Outlandish call but I reckon he could establish himself as an elite key defender. He has been sensational this year. Nearly outmarked Jeremy Cameron tonight IIRC. Is a very good stopper and isn't afraid (anymore) to take the game on and provide good rebound.

Very impressed.

I don't disagree with you but that's a pretty big accolade seeing as Talia has been close to the best defender in the comp this year.
I was actually thinking about this during the game and I don't think he's too far off the mark. Talia is obviously the better stopper and takes the number 1 forward but Hartigan uses it better whilst also beating his man. Very happy with our talls at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of those role players that needed to come on if we are going to be a force this year, and he's well and truly held up his end of the bargain.

I hadn't realised before this year just how quick he is. It's so handy having two of our tall backmen in Cheney and Hartigan with surprising pace.

Has mostly cut out the poor kicks and is still every bit as good a 1-on-1 defender as he's been since he started playing. Become extremely handy :thumbsu:

Don't think he ever had major issues defensively, but he's started to get some real confidence in himself with the ball in hand. I remember in 2014 he would just crap his pants and look to hand pass it off to the nearest bloke as quick as he could. He's got the confidence in himself to stand up with the ball and take the game on and find a target.

I reckon we can now say with some confidence that Hurley is surplus to our needs.

You wouldn't pass up Hurley. Would be a huge upgrade on Cheney in the current side. Replace Cheney and VB with Hurley and Laird and then maybe a fit Hampton instead of Hendo and we have a nice looking back-6.

One of those role players that needed to come on if we are going to be a force this year, and he's well and truly held up his end of the bargain.

I hadn't realised before this year just how quick he is. It's so handy having two of our tall backmen in Cheney and Hartigan with surprising pace.

Has mostly cut out the poor kicks and is still every bit as good a 1-on-1 defender as he's been since he started playing. Become extremely handy :thumbsu:

Interesting to see how our bookends have developed

Kyle and JJ. Both big strong and quick and in the past year have learnt how to use it, giving us another winning position at each end

Was always happy to give him a go as we don't have many tall defender options, I am amazed how quickly he has developed.

Loved the vision from half time in the rooms, Jpod had Talia, Lever and Hardigan in a tight group discussing tactics.

What a great young backline we have developing, just need the midfiled to do their part and we will be going places.

There was a man with vision about Kyle. Never will I or we should forget Walshy's wisdom.
Well he did drop him after a horror start to the year last year.

But he has been exceptional this year. No longer do i hold my breath in fear when he has the ball. He has become the player we all dreamed he would become.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back