Jafa

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2002
Kalgoorlie
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subi
The jury had 11 white people and one black person.
The judge showed clear favouritism.
The case was racial as the killer went to a blacks lives matter protest looking for trouble.
He has posed for a photo using a white supremacy sign with the proud boys.
His facebook page is all blue lives matter.
Besides all that he murdered two people, anyone can see that.
Jury didn't.

bourbons

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Dropped in here for a look. Not sure if I’m a RWNJ but his support or otherwise for BLM has no bearing on whether or not self defence was an arguable defence in his trial. It was.
so is he a white supremacist proud boy or a blm supporter?
or maybe, and here's a crazy thought: ideological leanings have no bearing on the right to self defence.
No one is saying it does. He didn't even verbalise support for BLM until after the trial was finished.

Just having a bit of fun with the idea that it might have some bearing on his conservative poster child status.

Elmer_Judd

#InBielsaWeTrust #MOT
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
This mentality is why political discourse is f’ed. Too many want to put the "other" into a neat basket labelled "bad" and ignore them. That's how you get President Trump.
Perhaps. But still though I am greatly disturbed by the rise of extremist Right Wing fanatics and their behaviour (but to be clear, I am not talking about any poster here either)

This had been happening for several years even before Trump, and now in the US for example, we have seen a massive rise in hate crimes/assaults against Asian Americans in the JS because of the Coronvirus in the last 2 years (which to be fair, may not all be committed by Right Wingers)

Nothing wrong with being conservative or right wing minded, it's just the behaviour of the extremists in recent years that really bothers and frightens me.

bourbons

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
So you all support him now?

What is there to argue anymore? The trial is over.

All this thread is now is just people trying hard to insert race into it, like they do everything, because they didn't like the outcome.
I'm just having a laugh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Suppose I did correct someone who suggested Kyle was just saying he was ok (lol) in that video from the bar, that's got nothing to do with the trial though.

bourbons

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
As most people are after a few drinks… again no one has found any links to him having any involvement or thought towards that group…
No, and its not relevant to the trial. Just like the histories of Rosenbaum & co. weren't relevant - but they were still mentioned quite regularly in this thread, weren't they?

If a photo when he went to a bar with his lawyer or mum is the best you can do then an admission he supports BLM would really make your head explode…
lol, it's not my head thats exploding. Possibly some heads on the CPAC organising committee :tearsofjoy:

Look mate, all I was doing was correcting your (honestly pretty ridiculous) suggestion that he was probably just saying he was ok and that Pelosi had just done something similar. Although I would probably pay good money for video of those guys singing 'proud of your boy' to ol' Nance before posing for a photo with her while they all flashed the ok sign :tearsofjoy:

ShanDog

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Perhaps. But still though I am greatly disturbed by the rise of extremist Right Wing fanatics and their behaviour (but to be clear, I am not talking about any poster here either)

This had been happening for several years even before Trump, and now in the US for example, we have seen a massive rise in hate crimes/assaults against Asian Americans in the JS because of the Coronvirus in the last 2 years (which to be fair, may not all be committed by Right Wingers)

Nothing wrong with being conservative or right wing minded, it's just the behaviour of the extremists in recent years that really bothers and frightens me.
I agree with your final point, and it applies to extremists of any flavour or part of the political spectrum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gethelred

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
What’s the difference between conservative, RW, and RWNJ?
The degree to which you're willing to allow society to move away from democracy via the condensation of power through traditional avenues, whether by financial means or governmental.

There's two outcomes available: capitalist plutocracies, in which power (wealth) creates a new noble class, or fascism in which a more nebulous 'us' sits at the top of the totem pole.

A conservative merely does not want society to change. Someone who is right wing believes in hierarchies, and is comfortable with a capitalist system being the determinant of winners and losers (with the consequences for losing being up to loss of income, property, even freedom or life). A RWNJ is essentially a fascist (ie, someone who actively believes in extending the use of hierarchies to race, gender, social/economic class; this is an exceedingly short definition of fascism, if you want a longer one PM me) who uses euphemisms to try and lead others to also become fascists.

That's not to say you are any of this: you might simply be a 'leave me the fu** alone, government' conservative. But that's where the distinction is for me, expressed in a way that makes sense. I feel an obligatory 'In my opinion' should probably come somewhere along the line here, seeing as the above is probably going to garner a reaction.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad