Toast Kylie Watson-Wheeler, new President of the Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

We have been so well lead for 3 decades thanks to Peter Gordon and David Smorgan. It’s a very strange time in AFL football now, I obviously hope she does well.
I know this has next to nothing to do with the Bulldogs but I love Star Wars and after a rocky start with Disney, this week the Mandalorian just finished and was by far the best thing Disney has done since buying Star Wars. She’s had a mighty week then.

Welcome KWW. Yo-Jimbo will be rejoicing at the ascendancy of the hyphen in 2021 (first JUH, now KWW).

I wonder what initiatives she might take to put her own stamp on her presidency. Or will it be steady as she goes?

Bit like the Varcoe coaching decision, I have no opinion on it because I would have no clue if she “can president” as much as I have no idea it Varcoe can coach. More qualified people than me entrust her, including Peter Gordon, so that’s good.
I've had dealings with sports administrators outside of the AFL bubble who have been impressed with her in meetings.
Very complimentary of Gordon and KWW. Everybody knows how good an operator Bains is.
Rechter.... not so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing at Marvel Stadium and having Disney Plus as a sponsor has a certain symmetry to it, too..:greenalien:
Ahh I can feel another off-season recreation coming on ...

Who can put names to the following? (I've answered the first few to get things started. Add your own.)

THOR - Chris Hemsworth
SUPERMAN - Aaron Naughton (leaps tall buildings etc)
MICKEY MOUSE - Caleb (although he could co-star with Snow White and 6 of her little friends)
SCROOGE McDUCK - Dunks (could also qualify as Richie Rich)
GOOFY - Zaine? (His knee at least.)

Very impressive of her to film such a passionate, unscripted, inspiring speech from the heart. Brought a tear to my eye hearing the raw emotion in her voice.
Replace ‘Bulldogs’ with ‘Disney’ and ‘Peter’ with ‘Walt’ and it’s the exact acceptance speech she used for her other job.

Wowee. Another true bulldog. In 1959, my grandfather also made a box for me to stand on.

Thats a bit fancy. All I got to stand on was a mound of graven topped with the empty cans that my grandfather had consumed.

Ahh I can feel another off-season recreation coming on ...

Who can put names to the following? (I've answered the first few to get things started. Add your own.)

THOR - Chris Hemsworth
SUPERMAN - Aaron Naughton (leaps tall buildings etc)
MICKEY MOUSE - Caleb (although he could co-star with Snow White and 6 of her little friends)
SCROOGE McDUCK - Dunks (could also qualify as Richie Rich)
GOOFY - Zaine? (His knee at least.)

Caleb Daniel is Antman.

Gotta lol at the emphasis on MARVEL STADIUM. Corporate synergy is a hell of drug.

Anyways I think she is very impressive and will do a great job.

Great we have groomed someone for the role. Show‘s we are a smart organisation with succession planning an important feature of how we operate.

It’s a massive job, and I wish Kylie all the best, with our full support.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back