Kyrgios: "I actually don't like tennis"

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin
So my dad was watching Back Page and really? I get what they are doing but Kelli, Hooper and Craddock, focus on your damn sport than whine about Tomic and Kyrgios. Literally thinks they are disgracing Australia but I'm sorry what about all those NRL players that were involved in domestic abuse or the AFL players who had their issues or the cricketers like Shane Warne who sleep around and stuff.

They just scrap Kelli who's comments on basketball, tennis and such really are not right half the time. She's great at what she does in her sport but other sports she just is out of her depth that even someone like me who isn't a professional sports guy can find faults. Hooper is a lameo who's some custodian of behaviour and that's about it.

The rest are not harmful.

Yes. Because the same people that have voiced their displeasure at the behaviour of Kyrgios and Tomic don't criticise the appalling behaviour of numerous other athletes from a wide range of sports.

BBC commentator John Inverdale in trouble over Jungle Book gibe at Nick Kyrgios
Wimbledon tennis star Nick Kyrgios has been the victim of an allegedly racist gibe from a BBC commentator.

Veteran commentator John Inverdale is said to have likened Kyrgios to a character out of
The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling.
After the 21-year-old's three-set, fourth-round loss to Andy Murray at Wimbledon last week Inverdale said Kyrgios had "lumbered off like a character from The Jungle Book", which caused a stir on social media.

This isn't the first time so-called casual racism has been directed at the tennis star.

After last year's Wimbledon tournament, four-time Olympic gold medallist Dawn Fraser was also involved in a social media stoush over her allegedly racist remarks about Kyrgios.

She told Kyrgios – the son of a Greek father and Malaysian mother – "to go back to where their fathers or parents came from" on national television, apparently reacting to Kyrgios making no effort to return serve in the third game of the second set of his loss to Richard Gasquet.
She was later forced to issue a public apology.

The world No.18 said he was a victim of racist abuse "more than you think" and also had to deal with some "early morning racism" in May on social media, with a tweet referring to his Greek heritage.

According to British media sources, the BBC said it had received "a small number" of complaints, but refused to comment on whether they had taken action against Inverdale.

It's not the first time Inverdale has been in hot water, having been demoted over sexist comments he made on radio about former Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli in 2013.

He said: "I just wonder if her dad did say to her when she was 12, 13, 14, maybe, 'listen, you are never going to be, you know, a looker. You are going to have to be the most dogged, determined fighter that anyone has ever seen if you are going to make it'."

The BBC was forced to apologise.

Last year, Fraser said: "I'm not a racist person, if you take [my comments] that way then I'm sorry that you take it that way, but I'm not racist at all."

"I can see it being interpreted that way ... but it wasn't intended that way."

Kyrgios hit back at the former swimmer, accusing her of being a "blatant racist".

"Throwing a racket, brat. Debating the rules, disrespectful. Frustrated when competing, spoilt. Showing emotion, arrogant. Blatant racist, Australian legend," he wrote on social media.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/tenn...ick-kyrgios-at-wimbledon-20160710-gq2eec.html

ozgamer

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
http://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/...t/news-story/10020d805268940b75c2e9bf45a2c4db

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/olympic...at-hurt-chiller-the-most-20160714-gq69dg.html

Admittedly, Kyrgios is not without some fault here as he had baited Chiller on social media (tweet most probably deleted) about her 2000 Olympics performance which in Chiller's words 'threw her over the edge' but then Chiller has responded by sinking down to his level on multiple occasions the last being her comments regarding Kyrgios @ Wimbledon. I think we have already agreed last time this was discussed that this saga has been poorly handled.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I never even knew Chiller was an athlete. Bit rich for Nick though considering his best performance at a slam is an ~8th placed finish. Might want to win one before getting too mouthy criticising other people's results. I will add I'm definitely on the Kyrgios side of the fence on the overall argument though.

I never even knew Chiller was an athlete. Bit rich for Nick though considering his best performance at a slam is an ~8th placed finish. Might want to win one before getting too mouthy criticising other people's results.

I only heard about Kitty until she started talking about Nick...

Broar

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I find two parts of this by Kitty really poor:

1. She let a small comment by Kyrgios get to her and further inflamed a public slanging match with a 21 year old your the AOC Chef de Mission ffs, rise above it and keep your own ego out of it.

2. Her comparison to Diamond not only is he facing criminal charges and Kyrgios is not, maybe if she actually listened to Tennis Australia that Nick was improving we would never have been in this mess in the first place.

TheMainMan83

Debutant
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Even forgetting this embaressment that is losing to a 17 year old kid ranked below 350 in the world.

Kyrgios gets on court against top players in slams and he wonders why Murray keeps beating his brains in slam after slam, it's cause these top guys are like tennis robots they train, they recover they play, he's pissing about playing pokemon all day he's even more deluded than i thought.

It's sad that the new generation of tennis players are being outworked by guys who have been on tour for over a decade and have all made $60m+, these young guys should be more hungry not less.

If Kyrgios fans who are waiting for the Fed/Nadal/Djok/Murray to all be gone, he's still not going to win a slam without putting in the hard work there's always going to be a newcomer who wants it more than him.

Even forgetting this embaressment that is losing to a 17 year old kid ranked below 350 in the world.

Kyrgios gets on court against top players in slams and he wonders why Murray keeps beating his brains in slam after slam, it's cause these top guys are like tennis robots they train, they recover they play, he's pissing about playing pokemon all day he's even more deluded than i thought.

It's sad that the new generation of tennis players are being outworked by guys who have been on tour for over a decade and have all made $60m+, these young guys should be more hungry not less.

Good points, some of the younger players are either lazy or complacent. They aren't not eager enough to train and work hard to win grand slams

Last edited:

Alesana

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Before everyone starts another lynch mob, that "17 year old" is the world #2 Junior, and just won the Junior Wimbledon title, not just some random 17 year old. It was a bad look for Nick though, obviously doesn't want to be there and probably couldn't care less who he loses to when in that frame of mind.

Ablett2Garland

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2015
10 Beers deep with Steven May
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
San Jose Sharks, Oakland Raiders
Stupid muppet whats the point of even going to Toronto and dishing up that pathetic effort? Guess he can go catch pokemon now, while everyone points and laughs at him losing to a teenager ranked 350 something.

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is why the guy needs a coach, fair dinkum going on about pokemon go i mean really is he taking the piss or what? Get your head in the game and your finger out your arse otherwise stop wasting everyones time. A good coach would be stamping down on this sort of stuff he needs proper discipline and a dose of reality for what it takes to make it in this sport. You dont see djokovic, murray or federer making clowns of themselves on twitter the day of a match.

Back