Kyrgios: "I actually don't like tennis"

Remove this Banner Ad

They should have just made him draw Dimitrov and see who doesn't give a s**t more, both are clowns :$.
Disagree about dimitrov, think the guy cares about tennis just doesnt have it mentally atm, kyrgios actively plays like he doesnt give a toss and has more talent than almost everyone outside the top 10. Its infuriating.

This is why the guy needs a coach, fair dinkum going on about pokemon go i mean really is he taking the piss or what? Get your head in the game and your finger out your arse otherwise stop wasting everyones time. A good coach would be stamping down on this sort of stuff he needs proper discipline and a dose of reality for what it takes to make it in this sport. You dont see djokovic, murray or federer making clowns of themselves on twitter the day of a match.
He and his team are making a very good living so who's time is he wasting?

Dimitrov easily accounted for shapalov which is what nick should have done and is now in the quarters, nick should be pissed off he let a good opportunity slip but think we all know he couldnt give two hoots. As long as he has caught all the pokemon thats all that matters

Dimitrov easily accounted for shapalov which is what nick should have done and is now in the quarters, nick should be pissed off he let a good opportunity slip but think we all know he couldnt give two hoots. As long as he has caught all the pokemon thats all that matters
Bullcrap he easily accounted for Shapovalov. Did you watch the match??

He won in straight sets champ it doesnt matter if it took 2 hours to do it was he seriously under threat in the match?
So you didn't even see it. Watch a replay then come back, you won't be making the same comments. I don't mind people criticizing when they know what they're talking about, but when you just glance at the scores and try to use that as ammunition to dig the boots into someone else you like a bit of a tosser

So you didn't even see it. Watch a replay then come back, you won't be making the same comments. I don't mind people criticizing when they know what they're talking about, but when you just glance at the scores and try to use that as ammunition to dig the boots into someone else you like a bit of a tosser
Did you answer my question or are you going to assume i didnt watch it?, your definition of doing it tough is more than likely different to mine so what makes your view correct?.

This is why the guy needs a coach, fair dinkum going on about pokemon go i mean really is he taking the piss or what? Get your head in the game and your finger out your arse otherwise stop wasting everyones time. A good coach would be stamping down on this sort of stuff he needs proper discipline and a dose of reality for what it takes to make it in this sport. You dont see djokovic, murray or federer making clowns of themselves on twitter the day of a match.
I think you guys read too much into these things, twitter and generally comments to the media is all about marketing oneself these days.

Comments like he gets more excited for an egg to hatch or that Fed or Nole don't have a 2000 CP Gyarados, gets him straight in the headlines, its what helps rake in the dollars for him through sponsorship's and what helps differentiates himself with the 99% of other robot athletes out there.

I don't disagree you on him needing a coach though.

Did you answer my question or are you going to assume i didnt watch it?, your definition of doing it tough is more than likely different to mine so what makes your view correct?.
The fact that Dimitrov only won by one break in each set? The fact that it took him FIVE return games to finally break Shapovalov? The fact that Dimitrov got tight serving it out (double faulting)? The fact that Dimitrov won less % of points on second serve than Shapovalov? If Dimitrov so easily accounted for Shapovalov then why did it take him over an hour to beat this 17 year old ranked 350 something? Now if you wanna use some facts to back up your analysis of glancing at the scoreline and thinking "straight sets, must've been easy", now's the time bro

1470623343715.jpg

Second career title in Atlanta after beating John Isner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm also in the "Nick Should Be in Rio" camp but I think he could do without being there this time round and use this opportunity with the focus being on Rio atm to find a better head-space in the lead up to the USO.

I have a funny feeling Nick is very money focused. Just bought a big penthouse in the Bahamas apparently and not willing to fork out for a coach. Could be partly pressure from his family, I think his brother is very mercenary. No money to be made in Rio so off to Atlanta he goes. He could have ridden out the Kitty Chiller stuff if he'd wanted to. Having said all that it was a good win, he deserved it and good luck to him, what ever makes him happy :)

I have a funny feeling Nick is very money focused. Just bought a big penthouse in the Bahamas apparently and not willing to fork out for a coach. Could be partly pressure from his family, I think his brother is very mercenary. No money to be made in Rio so off to Atlanta he goes. He could have ridden out the Kitty Chiller stuff if he'd wanted to. Having said all that it was a good win, he deserved it and good luck to him, what ever makes him happy :)
I think it's also an issue of him not wanting a coach and some coaches not wanting to have anything to do with him.

Disagree about dimitrov, think the guy cares about tennis just doesnt have it mentally atm, kyrgios actively plays like he doesnt give a toss and has more talent than almost everyone outside the top 10. Its infuriating.
Dimitrov may care more within a match but his professionalism is nowhere near what it should be between tournaments. He is a party boy and worries more about his social life than his tennis.

There are more reasons as to why Djokovic, Murray, Fed etc are so dominant besides just their talents. They work their absolute backsides off and have an unbelievable focus on improving wherever possible. Compare that to the likes of Kyrgios, Tomic and even Dimitrov.

That's why I have a lot of respect for Raonic. You can tell he has the right mindset in regards to his preparation and his tennis in general compared to many other players around his age.

Still, if the likes of Kyrgios just want to coast and still make a hell of a lot of money and do the things he wants to do then who am I to judge. It's his life.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

That's why I have a lot of respect for Raonic. You can tell he has the right mindset in regards to his preparation and his tennis in general compared to many other players around his age.

Still, if the likes of Kyrgios just want to coast and still make a hell of a lot of money and do the things he wants to do then who am I to judge. It's his life.

What Raonic said about Kyrgios' situation (back @ Wimbledon) supports your statement.

“The way I’ve always looked at it is, don’t spare any expense when it comes to improving. Maybe some other guys look at it a different way,” he said. “I have three coaches here, not here right now, but around me.

“I have numerous physios I alternate. I have a fitness guy,”
he said. “I have numerous people that either come to tournaments or are taking care of me behind the scenes. I feel that’s what I need.”
----
“I’ve looked to other people to really try to help me, try to get the most out of me, because I think that would be my biggest regret if I didn’t do everything I could,” Raonic said.

Source: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/m...e/news-story/3d5b2cf3223a86a88fde2e20388d825c

Sadly I don't think he'll get anywhere near where he could go. Doesn't have the passion or internal drive to improve himself, has the talent but unfortunately not the attitude or commitment. I think it's getting to the stage where the 'he's still young' excuses are invalid. He just doesn't like tennis that much where he'll make sacrifices. He doesn't live and breathe tennis which is why some less talented guys like Raonic and Coric will overtake him- they have the work ethic like a Fed, Nadal and Novak to go far in the game. A shame but the way I see him is that he'll always be a tease, it'll seem like he'll have turned a corner but he'll probably hover around the upper echelon of the top 10 for a while without ever really threatening for a big slam. Would love to be proven wrong but I can't see him changing, his attitude just isn't there.

Did anyone see Kyrgios latest twitter comments lol he would consider retiring if he wins the us open. I think it's very unlikely he will win the us open this year, he is too erratic.

He really takes it for granted how much work Nadal. Federer, Novak and Murray have done to win grand slams and become no1.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back