Kyrgios: "I actually don't like tennis"

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol get your hand off it mate - no other player on tour behaves like this. I've never seen someone tank a match this bad in all my years of watching the sport. It was disgraceful behaviour and can't be tolerated at any level.

Bloke is up there with Cam Newton as one of the biggest flogs on earth
Defending someone from OTT criticism = 'having my hand on it' ? Please..

What Nick does is of no consequence to me, but to see the media and some of the public tear down sportsmen and women who don't fit the 'Aussie battler' (usually white) stereotype is sickening, and has been for a long time. And then these same people complain when said sportsmen/women treat them with disdain!

This is broadly speaking on Nick, I'm not defending the specific incident in China, which even he admitted was a screw up.

Can you actually read? That comment wasn't necessarily talking about Nick, but then again, your response proves my point.

He is quite something this boy isn't he, he just sees to have a "I don't give a damn attitude"

He could seriously end up wasting his career if he isn't careful, he has the talent no question

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/t...d/news-story/d72858cd527f4a57aa029dfba2ff8b8d
While Kyrgios’s management and Tennis Australia have declined to discuss the matter, the sports’ governing body has revealed that the 21-year-old is receiving treatment.

“Nick has taken up the care plan on offer to him from the ATP. The details and contents of the plan are strictly confidential,” the ATP said.
Ban likely to end November 7 but no tournaments scheduled for him until 2017.

Kyrgios has been announced as part of the World Tennis Challenge in Adelaide in the week before the Australian Open.

The event goes for three nights but normally a player would only play one or two.

Kyrgios has been announced as part of the World Tennis Challenge in Adelaide in the week before the Australian Open.

The event goes for three nights but normally a player would only play one or two.

It's definitely 2 matches played for the WTC. Conveniently played from Tuesday to Thursday as they have the FAST4 Showdown on Monday in Sydney which Nick is also booked to play on top of the Hopman Cup the week before. Don't know how this helps his AO prep but it must be helping his bank balance.

Headline act. LOL.

Headline act. LOL.

LOL

Home player who's ended up no.13 in the world (highest an Aussie has been for 10 years) who is arguably one of the most talented (and controversial) up and coming players on tour. Yeah, I think that qualifies as a head line act.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like it or not in Australia he is likely to sell more tickets than anyone to a tennis event I would of thought. I don't have a problem with him being promoted as the Headline act.

LOL

Home player who's ended up no.13 in the world (highest an Aussie has been for 10 years) who is arguably one of the most talented (and controversial) up and coming players on tour. Yeah, I think that qualifies as a head line act.

Calm your farm. There is a fine line between Head line act and Head case act.

This isn't Top Gun where you can just keep sending up Tom Cruise in his jet even after his world has fallen apart.

Last edited:
Calm your farm. There is a fine line between Head line act and Head case act.

This isn't Top Gun where you can just keep sending up Tom Cruise in his jet even after his world has fallen apart.

LOL, how was the Herald sun (or your state's equivalent) today?

It's WTC anyway. But if you don't think Nick is one of the players that's going to sell tickets, then you are absolutely kidding yourself

Isn't like Pat Cash usually the headline act for that exho. I think maybe Cilic played once. Of all the top players Murray is about the only one that ever plays lead up events in Aus now. A top 20 player for an exho is a good get whichever way you look at it.

Isn't like Pat Cash usually the headline act for that exho. I think maybe Cilic played once. Of all the top players Murray is about the only one that ever plays lead up events in Aus now. A top 20 player for an exho is a good get whichever way you look at it.

It is always a mixture of current and retired players. It is never a great field but has Nishikori and Wawrinka.

The way it is looking the exhibition events will be more popular for TV than Sydney which is probably not ideal.

heraldsun.com.au/sport/more-sports/mark-phillippoussis-intrigued-by-idea-of-coaching-nick-kyrgios/news-story/2d930493a12fc3eac3d649de9e74d1a0?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Just going through some old material (French Open, 2016)

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...y/news-story/82d50f65c70bc8a26032e9c43a2b83d6

As well as putting a deadline on his career, Kyrgios told The Times he had stopped consulting with sports psychologists.

“I have seen a couple,” he said. “But I can’t really focus for long enough. I can’t really take it seriously. They are trying to find what fuels you, motivates you. But it’s tough. One week I am motivated, one week I am not. So I walked away. Not my thing.”

Original source: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/n...-didnt-stop-agassi-being-successful-fn68gsdp8

http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertai...e/news-story/48510ac32344ece2c2954758194e4fd7

For all the grief we give Basil Zempilas on his sports commentary and courtside interviewing, this anecdote is one time where he looks like a boss in dealing with a seemingly 'rude' Nick at the Hopman Cup Ball NYE Gala :thumbsu:

HE’S known as the bad boy of tennis with an arrogant attitude.

And Nick Kyrgios lived up to his reputation at the Hopman Cup Ball New Year's Eve Gala at Crown Perth’s Grand Ballroom last Saturday night.

Kyrgios raised eyebrows when he kept his back turned to Channel 7 presenter Basil Zempilas during their on-stage interview.

Zempilas ended their chat by ribbing Kyrgios about his public persona, in an apparent effort to lighten the mood.

“We don’t want you too quiet in Perth, OK,” Zempilas said to Kyrgios. “You know we love the blow-ups and the explosions, that’s part of the Nick Kyrgios show, so we don’t want you to put too much of that away, OK? And if you want to keep your back turned to me the whole time, that will be fine as well.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back