Recommitted Kysaiah Pickett [Re-Signed till 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

It's one thing finding a decent small forward in the draft and another finding one with the qualities that Pickett has

Agree clubs are more likely to spend high draft capital on KPP and midfielders, but when you are bringing in the elite of the competition you need to be prepared to pay up, no matter what position they play

Even a half back flank will fetch you will a top 10 pick if they are good enough

Pickett isn't the type of small forward that comes around regularly in the draft. He's a terrific talent and his output speaks for itself.
Would love pickett at the crows..having him spend time through the midfield with dawson, rachele, soligo, berry and laird and then rotate forward with rankine, pedlar and rachele...could be a very dynamic and potent mid / forward mix. Would happily pay our 1st this year and one of our good 2nds

Yep no doubt he had that going for him but on output he was a long way behind Pickett

Do you honestly think he's worth significantly less than Rankine?
We have all this year to see how Pickett goes. If he has a super year then he would be worth a similar value, if he has a bit of a quiet year then it will be less.
While people might not agree with it, a bit of currency is still attached to where they were drafted and seen as a Jr.
I was a big gee for Pickett all through his Jrs, but Rankine in that U18 year destroyed and had alot more impactful body of works than Pickett did.
For all we know he may well re-sign with Melbourne. Plenty of water to go under the bridge.
All I know is that if he wants to go, Melbourne will want a top 5 pick and the team he is going to will offer a late first for him. Where it ends up will be what the teams have to play with pick wise.

Would love pickett at the crows..having him spend time through the midfield with dawson, rachele, soligo, berry and laird and then rotate forward with rankine, pedlar and rachele...could be a very dynamic and potent mid / forward mix. Would happily pay our 1st this year and one of our good 2nds

I think The Crows should hold onto their first pick this year and try go for the best available mid (preferably a big body like Cripps or Bont) in the draft.

Charlie Cameron tonight again showing the extraordinary value of a gun small forward in the modern game where half backs are running loose up the field.

2 mid firsts or a top 10 pick for Kozi.
Charlie Cameron you say.

What was he traded for again?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cameron had just kicked 5 goals on a big final.

Kozzie has 8 goals in 5 finals.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
And Jeremy Cameron previous to 2022 had a terrible finals record. Do you think anybody gave a crap?

Kozi has kicked 40+ goals twice in his 3 years in the comp and likely repeats that this year. He's undoubtedly one of the best small forward talents we've seen in our game for some years.

I think picketts performed better earlier, but with rankines skill set I think he’s easily going to be the better player across his career barring injuries.
Have you watched Pickett this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of all the (reportedly) interested suitors in Kosi, Freo need him the most, unfortunately they sold all their trade capital last season for Luke Jackson (rightly or wrongly) so if they are desperate for him, they would have to pony up a talented young Vic kid like Hayden Young along with their 2nd rounder this year.

But that would create even more list and structure problems for J-Lo or whoever is coaching Fremantle next year.

If Kozzy joins Port or the Crows I will burn Adelaide Oval to the ground.

Think Kosi will stick around at the Dees for a couple more years than go back to SA. Think the opportunity of winning a couple more flags at the Dees is too strong.. Just my opinion/gut feeling, not based on anything solid or so called inside mail (something posters on this board cite way too often)

I'd pay a lot for Kozi. Don't know how Port does it though. Probably whatever we get for Georgie +F1.
I'm not sure Port can use another F1st as they have traded out their firsts two years in a row.
Unless there's a player involved I don't think it could happen.

Crows are the only real option from the SA clubs, and with Rankine, Rochelle and Soligo all going through that small forward role, is he a priority to use our first on?
Don't get me wrong, I would probably pull the trigger on it, but the list management really need that big inside mid, or a replacement for Smith and Seedsman.

Think Kosi will stick around at the Dees for a couple more years than go back to SA. Think the opportunity of winning a couple more flags at the Dees is too strong.. Just my opinion/gut feeling, not based on anything solid or so called inside mail (something posters on this board cite way too often)
Normally after players win a flag they are more likely to leave.

I have no idea if he will leave or not. I know from what's reported that he is homesick and doesn't like living in Melbourne, but I don't know if he has the family in Adelaide or Perth that he is missing.

The other issue is can Melbourne match an offer from Adelaide or the Power?
I would assume he would be around the 700k on a long tern contract, and Melbourne is pretty full of talent they need to pay, and Grundy as an extra will be costing some money.

I'm not sure Port can use another F1st as they have traded out their firsts two years in a row.

Crows are the only real option from the SA clubs, and with Rankine, Rochelle and Soligo all going through that small forward role, is he a priority to use our first on?
Don't get me wrong, I would probably pull the trigger on it, but the list management really need that big inside mid, or a replacement for Smith and Seedsman.
I’m pretty sure it’s confirmed that we can

They can, every club can this year.

You only have to use 2 first round picks in a 4-year period.
But isn't that subjective to what four years you are talking about?
2021 - port used their first
2022 - port traded their first
2023 - port traded their first
2024 - port would need to use that first otherwise they would have only used one in a four year period.

It has to be calculated from the previous rolling 4 year period otherwise its Cherry picking which year is the start of that 4 year block.
So to trade out 2024 they must have used two firsts in the previous 3 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back