Recommitted Kysaiah Pickett [Re-Signed till 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

nah I agree that it won't happen. but make no mistake Pickett is worth more than Butters. The only reason why it won't happen is because Kozzie is out of contract which distorts all trade value aka Luke Jackson.
Since when is trade value known as Luke Jackson?

Last edited:
Isn't the rule you need to have used 2 first round picks in a 4 year period ? Port have used a first round pick in both 2020 (Jones) & 2021 (Sinn) therefor should be able to trade next years first. The club would just then need to make another 2 first round picks across 2024 & 2025 before being able to trade out a future first again.
It's 2 first round picks over a ROLLING 4 year period!!! Which part of that is difficult to understand??

Anyway, I couldn't give a rat's tossbag whether you get him or not....but good luck trying to strike a deal when you finally realise you have no draft currency to trade without AFL approval. Maybe a straight swap of Pickett and Butters could get the deal done though. Seems fair.

The best part of every trade thread involving a Port trade target is opposition supporters deluding themselves into thinking they've got the slightest chance of getting Butters in return. Butters is contracted and going nowhere. If Pickett nominates Port, you'll take our magic beans like North did and you'll like it.

it'd be very frustrating to lose 2 young guns in Jackson and Pickett and get very little in return. It's such an unfair system. In the meanwhile the dogs keep getting gifted top father son picks and academy picks and the afl rule us out of getting Mac Andrew. Each year the dees get punished by the system.
Lol

Imagine a melb fan that has had umpteen priority picks and the league organise and pay for a prime coach for them whinging that the league is unfair.

Yeah true, don't know where we would be now as a club without Trengove and Strauss. Thank you AFL!
Why is it the AFL's fault your club couldn't develop players?

The AFL handed you the keys to a Ferrari, you crashed it into a tree, and now you're complaining that the AFL wasn't generous enough to you because you don't have the Ferrari anymore.

The AFL handed you the keys to a Ferrari, you crashed it into a tree, and now you're complaining that the AFL wasn't generous enough to you because you don't have the Ferrari anymore.
Ahh, where am I complaining? Your comprehension skills need a little bit of work.

My point is, our 'umpteen' priority picks had no influence on our regeneration as a club. Our journey from minnow cellar dweller to premiership winning team should be the text book rise for all teams trying to do the same (North et al). Great recruiting, great drafting and great culture development. No hand outs, but a few hindrances also (the year we finished second last in 2019 - AFL hand GC a priority pick, bumping us back from pick 2. Dogs get JUH pick 1 - the very next year we can't get our one highly rated academy player in Mac Andrew due to a rule change).

But hey, again i'm not complaining, just in awe of what Jason Taylor and co have managed with our list. Your mob should take notes :)

Ahh, where am I complaining? Your comprehension skills need a little bit of work.

My point is, our 'umpteen' priority picks had no influence on our regeneration as a club. Our journey from minnow cellar dweller to premiership winning team should be the text book rise for all teams trying to do the same (North et al). Great recruiting, great drafting and great culture development. No hand outs, but a few hindrances also (the year we finished second last in 2019 - AFL hand GC a priority pick, bumping us back from pick 2. Dogs get JUH pick 1 - the very next year we can't get our one highly rated academy player in Mac Andrew due to a rule change).

But hey, again i'm not complaining, just in awe of what Jason Taylor and co have managed with our list. Your mob should take notes :)
You had plenty of handouts. The fact that you pissed them all away doesn't mean you didn't have them.

No hand outs,
lol what a crock of s**t.

No one s going to deny the good work melb did to get where they are, but they had a heap of leg ups, that certain melb fans are now pretending they didn’t is absurd.

The leg ups worked. Melb got off the bottom of the table and won a cup.

Well let's be honest here, Port Adelaide apparently seem to be the strongest suitor (from a non Vic club) here for Kozi, yet they don't have their first round pick this year and won't be able to trade their first next year, and assuming they won't finish low enough ti use the PSD lowball card like The Crows did with Sydney for Dawson, and not willing to give up any of their gun vids like Butters or Duursma (and they shouldn't either) its almost impossible to see how they can get a deal done (as things currently stand)
Ditto Fremantle

Melbourne aren't going to settle for way unders like 2nd round pick(s) and depth players.

The only club Melbourne should be worried about is The Eagles (in my opinion) with the way things stand right now (although if Georgiades wants to return to WA at the end of this year, that could open the door for Port)

Adelaide probably could put their hat in the ring though, but at this stage it doesn't seem like the Crows are that keen to get involved (if they are, they are keeping it close to their chest)
As much as the Crows would love Pickett, think we will prioritise the midfield.

We have just traded for Rankine & drafted Rachele last year... so not really a need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol what a crock of s**t.

No one s going to deny the good work melb did to get where they are, but they had a heap of leg ups, that certain melb fans are now pretending they didn’t is absurd.

The leg ups worked. Melb got off the bottom of the table and won a cup.
What hand outs assisted in our grand final win?

As Schulzenfest rightly points out, we pissed all our handouts up the wall. This was before our Roos came to the club.

As Schulzenfest rightly points out, we pissed all our handouts up the wall. This was before our Roos came to the club.

Besides the numerous priority picks the afl recruited and paid for a coach to drag you out of the muck.

just because a player or coach wasn’t there on gf day doesn’t mean that they didn’t contribute to dragging you out of the rut you were stuck in.

To somehow believe that you miraculously came good after all this help, but it was somehow independent of this help is mind bogglingly stupid.

Isn't the rule you need to have used 2 first round picks in a 4 year period ? Port have used a first round pick in both 2020 (Jones) & 2021 (Sinn) therefor should be able to trade next years first. The club would just then need to make another 2 first round picks across 2024 & 2025 before being able to trade out a future first again.
It's a ridiculous rule when you have used the picks to bring in a 19 year old #1 pick and you want to bring in a 21 year old 1st rounder.

Hardly selling your future!

If ever there is a justification for an exemption this is it.

Well see if Port get the same consideration Geelong got.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The best part of every trade thread involving a Port trade target is opposition supporters deluding themselves into thinking they've got the slightest chance of getting Butters in return. Butters is contracted and going nowhere. If Pickett nominates Port, you'll take our magic beans like North did and you'll like it.

You are right in some ways (no way is Port trading Butters and nor should you or any other requited Vic kid) but these type of posts can sometimes bit you in the ass.

If Port have another 'off year' and miss the finals, and Wardlaw is as good as advertised, North win the JH-F trade (least in the short term)

Seems like Port is really having a massive crack at Kozi though. Would be a wee nervous if I was a Dees fan

I'm pretty sure Roos can also be considered a hand out.

Given that the AFL helped to foot his $1million/year fee.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Roos can also be considered a hand out.

Given that the AFL helped to foot his $1million/year fee.
This is factually incorrect.

In addition to the hindrances, we were the only club to be fined for tanking despite multiple clubs brazenly doing so before us.

You are right in some ways (no way is Port trading Butters and nor should you or any other requited Vic kid) but these type of posts can sometimes bit you in the ass.

If Port have another 'off year' and miss the finals, and Wardlaw is as good as advertised, North win the JH-F trade (least in the short term)

Seems like Port is really having a massive crack at Kozi though. Would be a wee nervous if I was a Dees fan
Port didn't give up Wardlaw. If he turns out to be a gun that's GWS' problem, not ours.

In addition to the hindrances, we were the only club to be fined for tanking despite multiple clubs brazenly doing so before us.

Is it? The Melbourne Annual Report 2013 (Paul Roos first year as coach) states:

The Club received $2.4m in Future Fund distributions from the AFL in 2013, as well as providing $1.45m in special assistance to assist the funding our football department and management restructure. We are grateful for the AFL’s ongoing support.

I don't think it's as clear cut for you to call it incorrect. Your club was a financial basket case and then you lured a coach on $1m which the AFL "endorsed"

The media also speculated the same:

Industry sources said the Demons would need to pay him more than $1 million a season, which would be bankrolled in part by the AFL.

Last edited:

lol..fined for tanking. The crows had no part in Melbourne's tanking yet we lost our Senior Assistant coach Bailey for almost the entire year and had no assistance from the AFL to mitigate against that. You could say from a day to day footy operational perspective, we were hit harder for your clubs tanking that your own club was.

lol..fined for tanking. The crows had no part in Melbourne's tanking yet we lost our Senior Assistant coach Bailey for almost the entire year and had no assistance from the AFL to mitigate against that. You could say from a day to day footy operational perspective, we were hit harder for your clubs tanking that your own club was.

Aren't we getting a bit off topic here, and yes I agree Dean Bailey (and by extension the Crows) were treated contemptibly at the time ?

Whatever draft and/or financial assistance the Dees received in the past has no beatinf on Kozi's contract status now, whom the Dees got via a future pick swap trade with North Melbourne, I may add.

you obviously haven't done your research in terms of the draft. there's a 50% bust rate for all draft picks, including first rounders. Lets have a look at some of ports first round busts: Barry Brooks, Salopek, Gilham, Adam Thomson, Lobbe, John Butcher, Andrew Moore, Pittard and Jacobs. Not to mention Willits (who you ask) who you picked up at pick 19, the same pick as Strauss, the player that was apparently half of the Ferrari. lol.

So don't go on about we couldn't develop players because Port have had more than their fair share of busts.

Going to be a circus in here this year. If he hasn’t signed at the bye he is gone and it’d be disastrous for Melbourne to have two incredible young talents walk out in consecutive years. Might soften the blow if they send Butters or Duursma back though.

Definite grounds to get an Academy, all these retention issues we have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back