Multiplat L.A. Noire

Remove this Banner Ad

Retract my previous statement, finished this today and found the last few cases to be the most enjoyable of the game. Enough to make me want to go back and get everything i missed.

Overall I'd give this game a 7.5/10. Alot of repetition half way through but towards the end the game picks up on the action and leaves you wanting more.

I can see the car trophy is gonna take a while and will be the last one i need to platinum this

A bit over half way through at the moment and enjoying the game. I can see how people would get tired of the game quickly. The key for me is I don't play the game in real long bursts. I'll solve a mission or two then play something else.

Keeps the game a little more interesting.

A bit over half way through at the moment and enjoying the game. I can see how people would get tired of the game quickly. The key for me is I don't play the game in real long bursts. I'll solve a mission or two then play something else.

Keeps the game a little more interesting.
Same opinion as me mate, it's better played in bursts.
I have had it from day dot and im up to the last mission now, i havn't done a lot of side missions but i dont think i will go driving doing them as it does get a bit repetative BUT still a good game.

Completely agree on short bursts. Normally I like to devote all my attention to one game at a time, but this is a much better game when you do a case or two, then go and play something completely different for a while, then come back.

Completely agree on short bursts. Normally I like to devote all my attention to one game at a time, but this is a much better game when you do a case or two, then go and play something completely different for a while, then come back.

I've done the same since it's release date.

Purely because I appreciate how good the game is, and how long I had been waiting for it, I don't want it to end quickly.

Finished this game the other night. Overall I enjoyed it, but it's probably my least favourite Rockstar game to date. A few thoughts...

- The city was really well done, so much detail. So much that I feel it is a little wasted. What I like about Rockstar games is the ability to explore. I didn't like the structure of the game as it didn't really encourage anything outside of the storyline. I guess it's never going to be a GTA or RDR, because you can't break the law, but it would have been good if the game was structured in a way that allowed a bit more exploration and time wasting.

- The game dragged a bit in the middle, but picked up again toward the end. I found the final mission a bit too easy though.

- Some of the interviews were pretty hard, either that or I just sucked at it. I found myself saving my intuition points for when I had a tricky interview. I didn't waste them on finding clues, if I was struggling I just walked around everywhere tapping x until I found the clues.

- I'm also of the belief that the game is better played in short bursts. I found myself playing 1-2 missions at a time.

- I've found myself singing "smoke, smoke, smoke that cigarette" on a regular basis.

- Some of the interviews were pretty hard, either that or I just sucked at it. I found myself saving my intuition points for when I had a tricky interview. I didn't waste them on finding clues, if I was struffling I just walked around everywhere tapping x until I found the clues.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels useless at interviewing. I can't do them right for the life of me and I thought it was going to be easy!

What I find is there's always one detail in a mission that i just can't find out info on from interviews. It usually doesn't matter, but it's always about the same thing (ie whether a girl was raped or not)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Troubling allegations swirling L.A. Noire.

When blockbuster cross-platform video game LA Noire was released last month, many Australians got a wee bit patriotic and teary as we realised the game... However, since that time, a series of troubling allegations have emerged

Game devs being overworked is nothing we haven't heard before but Team Bondi are under fire for not crediting 100's of staff for their work whether they left Team Bondi on their own accord or were fired.

One account:

“Another source who left the company in 2008 called his experience at Team Bondi the biggest disappointment of his life. “I left because of stress and working conditions, mainly. But the trigger was this: I received a reprimand for ‘conduct and punctuality’ for being 15 minutes late to work. I arrived at 9:15am – despite the fact I had only left work around 3:15am the same day, and paid for my own taxi home! I never would have thought you could put a sweat shop in the Sydney CBD.”

Troubling allegations swirling L.A. Noire....

I heard about this a couple of weeks ago.

A quick story...

The company who owned the developer I used to work for decided to sell us about 4-5 years ago as they were getting out of development and concentrating on publishing. They were looking for somebody to buy the studio outright, which we (all the employees) all wanted as we wanted to keep working together.

I still remember when the key Bondi people came to us to make a pitch, and spent an hour or so telling us how awesome they were, and how they were making the best thing ever, and that nobody has ever made a game this amazing, etc etc etc.. Basically blowing their own horns for an hour or so.

However, instead of making an offer for the entire company, they decided instead to just try and poach as many people as they could while they were there.

And yet, despite none of us knowing what our future was, and whether we were going to have jobs a few months later, NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON accepted an offer from them, or decided it would be a good idea to go and work for them. :)

I guess when you've been around the industry as long as we had been, you have an intuition (ha!) about these things and know when to stay away. It's disgusting the way they've treated their employees. From what I've heard, it was basically "crunch time" THE ENTIRE TIME throughout the project. (backed up once more by the comment posted above)

Ridiculous.

And to then not credit many of them? Well, after seeing/hearing their pitch to us 5 years ago, none of it surprises me in the least.

As for LA Noire itself, it's pretty well put together in my opinion.... looks ok, sounds great.... but as a "game", it's awful. Where's the game design? In fact, is there even a game in there anywhere?

It's a very well made awful game.

In my opinion, they could have expanded on the few fun parts of the game, removed all the pointless fluff, shipped it on 1 dvd, and had a far more entertaining game... made for a quarter of the budget.

Late news and all, and considering the vast majority of you on here are console gamers, you likely won't care, but I'm pretty stoked for the PC version of this later on in the year. I really enjoy David Cage's games, even though all of them have pretty big flaws, and am a massive fan of Police Quest and Shenmue, which L.A Noire seems to have taken a lot of inspiration from. I even loved "The Getaway" , which was mauled by critics back in the day... hell, I'd consider it one of my favorite PS2 games.

Anyhow, it feels like this is a mash of all those titles, even if it in itself isn't a brilliant game (which from what I've read it isn't).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back